KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Question regarding Jacen Solo's opponent

Question regarding Jacen Solo's opponent
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Question Question regarding Jacen Solo's opponent

Jacen grasped the lightsaber, feeling its comforting weight against his sweaty palms. His scalp tingled beneath its unruly tangle of brown curls as he sensed the approach of his enemy. Closer, closer . . . He drew in a slow breath and reached with one finger that trembled ever so slightly to press the button on the handle. With a buzzing hiss, the cold metal handle sprang to life, transforming into a sword of glowing energy. The deadly lightsaber pulsed and vibrated in his hands like a living thing. With a mixture of fear and excitement, Jacen's wiry frame tensed for the attack. His liquid-brown eyes fluttered shut for a moment as he visualized his opponent. Without warning, he heard the hum of a light-saber slice down from above. Jacen whirled just in time and caught the blow with his own lightsaber. The deep red of his opponent's weapon throbbed with power, filling his vision as the two glowing blades warred for dominance.

Jacen knew he was far outmatched in size and strength, that he would need all of his wits to get out of this encounter alive. His arms ached with the strain of holding off the blow, so he took advantage of his smaller size, spinning under his opponents arm and dancing out of reach. The attacker advanced toward him, but Jacen knew better than to let him get that close again. The ruby glow flashed toward him, and he was ready. He parried the blow and then swept sideways with his own blade before dodging backward and blocking the next thrust. Attack and counterattack. Thrust. Parry. Block. Lightsabers sizzled and hissed as they clashed again and again. Though the room was cool and dank, perspiration ran down Jacen's face and into his eyes, nearly blinding him. He saw the arc of red light barely in time and ducked to avoid it. A cocky lopsided grin sprang to his lips, and he realized he was enjoying himself. Stone chips flew around him as the deadly ruby blade gouged the low ceiling just over his head. Jacen's grin faded as he tried to take a step backward and felt cold stone blocks press into his shoulder blades. He parried another thrust, sprang sideways, and fetched up against another stone wall. He was cornered. An icy fist of fear clenched his stomach, and Jacen dropped to one knee, flinging up his blade to ward off the next blow.

A sound like thunder echoed through the chamber. Jacen opened his eyes and looked up to see his uncle Luke standing in the doorway, clearing his throat. Startled, Jacen fumbled to turn off the lightsaber and accidentally dropped the extinguished handle to the flagstones with a clatter. The sandy-haired, black-robed Jedi Master strode into the private room that served as both his office and his meditation chamber at the Jedi academy. He held his hand out toward the lightsaber, and the weapon sprang to his palm as if magnetized. Jacen gulped as Master Luke Skywalker fixed him with a solemn gaze.

"I'm sorry, Uncle Luke," Jacen said, his words coming out in a tumbling rush.

I came across this while reading through novels for a project I'm doing (wink). Do any of you guys know who/what was Jacen fighting?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 01:22 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

Perhaps it was Darth Krayt in some fashion? I'm not sure; I'm not familiar with this excerpt.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 02:30 AM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Jacen was only 13... hasn't even formally trained with a lightsaber yet. I'm not sure if Krayt came to him so early.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 02:36 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Could you give us the novel name please? Some context would certainly be helpful.

Edit: It could just be Jacen playing around and fantasizing about having a lightsaber. IIRC he really really wanted one at that time, but admitted he wasn't ready by the end of the book.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on Jun 25th, 2015 at 02:41 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 02:38 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Yeah, my bad. The novel is Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy, chapter one.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 02:40 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I remember reading something about Jaina having visions back to some traumatic duel she had at the Shadow Academy. Ring any relevant bells?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 02:46 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Jacen was only 13... hasn't even formally trained with a lightsaber yet. I'm not sure if Krayt came to him so early.

I'm not vary familiar with Krayt, honestly, so Idk what he was doing when Jacen was 13, but it is reasonable to assume that Krayt could have had a vision already that would lead him to Jacen at that age. I don't know if Krayt has the ability to project a force phantom, or influence a dream or whatever the situation was, though.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 02:48 AM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yep, he was just playing around with his uncle's lightsaber.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jacen gulped as Master Luke Skywalker fixed him with a solemn gaze. "I'm sorry, Uncle Luke," Jacen said, his words coming out in a tumbling rush. "I came here to ask you for your help, and when you weren't here, I decided to wait, and then I saw your lightsaber just lying on your desk, and I know you said I'm not ready yet, but I didn't see how it could hurt to just practice a little. So I picked it up, and I guess I just got carried away and-"

Luke held up one hand, palm outward, as if to forestall further explanation. "The weapon of the Jedi shouldn't be taken up lightly," he said.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 02:48 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Lmfao, this. Was. So. Hilarious!

XD

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 06:15 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
I remember reading something about Jaina having visions back to some traumatic duel she had at the Shadow Academy. Ring any relevant bells?

Later in the novel Jacen and Jaina are kidnaped by Brakiss. To play on Jacen's eagerness to wield a lightsabre Brakiss let him have one in a training match against a hologram of Darth Vader.

Unknown to Jacen the hologram actually concealed Jaina (same with Jacen), so the twins were duelling each other without realising it.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 05:35 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 05:46 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote