KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What is the Golden Age of the Republic?

What is the Golden Age of the Republic?
Started by: S_W_LeGenD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

What is the Golden Age of the Republic?

Discuss.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 09:38 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Whichever age it isn't at war.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 11:01 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf

This.

If you're talking about when the peak of it's military strength was, then apparently it's the early KotOR era.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 11:14 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Swtore says that the early Kotor period was actually fairly weak militarily due to an overreliance on the Jedi. After Kotor they established a massive military that could stand on it's own. In fact, it states that before the Jedi Civil War, most of the Republics military was a loose collection of fleets from each individual member planet. And that they possessed very few infantry that had shitty equipment.

This was why the Mandalorian's and Revan's unified forces crushed the Republic so easily.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jun 27th, 2015 at 12:01 PM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 11:57 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

The Jedi Order was at it's combative peak, not the Republic itself. Though interestingly the Sith Empire was of the same magnitude as the Galactic Empire

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 12:07 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Any time they can go a few millennia without Sith, really.

Militarily, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe TOR, where despite being cut in half it's had a whole lot of time to build up.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 03:08 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTJack0
Ranger

Originally posted by Zenwolf

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 08:12 PM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Pre great sith war pre clone war....

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 10:15 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

The 1000 years after the seventh battle of Ruusan.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Last edited by The Merchant on Jul 1st, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 10:21 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

what's so special about the second battle?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Nephthys
Swtore says that the early Kotor period was actually fairly weak militarily due to an overreliance on the Jedi. After Kotor they established a massive military that could stand on it's own. In fact, it states that before the Jedi Civil War, most of the Republics military was a loose collection of fleets from each individual member planet. And that they possessed very few infantry that had shitty equipment.

This was why the Mandalorian's and Revan's unified forces crushed the Republic so easily.

That rings true with Exar Kun's speech, yeah.

Then I suppose either SWTOR era Republic or Clone Wars Republic.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 11:42 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

The "Golden Age of the Republic" is probably the golden age of the Republic, yes?

Not sure what there is to discuss really.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 11:44 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Militarily, it seems to be the KotOR era by virtue of KotORCG.

That being said, Lucas did make clear that the PT era was the golden age of the Jedi.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 01:00 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

Originally posted by SunRazer

That being said, Lucas did make clear that the PT era was the golden age of the Jedi.

The Kotor CG stated that Revan's era was even better that.

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 01:41 AM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

?

Maybe I missed something, but what puts the OR military over other ones? Last I checked, the Republic military was pretty much in shambles...or well least up till TOR but even there I don't think it's that far and above greater than any other. Infact even still you have later eras having better tech, a wider variety of troops, vehicles and so on.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jul 2nd, 2015 at 01:48 AM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 01:45 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by Nargaroth
The Kotor CG stated that Revan's era was even better that.

I know, but you can't exactly override the creator's intent. To be fair, they only referred to the KotOR Jedi's militaristic superiority, whereas Lucas seemed to refer to the Order just being in its overall prime (though he did reference swordfighting, so eh).

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 02:45 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by SunRazer

Which really doesn't make much sense to me.

The KotoR had like half the territory of the PT era and much smaller ships.

Though, I suppose it could be talking most proportionally powerful, i.e. the time it was most militarized, but that still seems kinda off.

Also notably, that campaign guide was written before TOR existed.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 04:04 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Q99
Which really doesn't make much sense to me.

The KotoR had like half the territory of the PT era and much smaller ships.

Though, I suppose it could be talking most proportionally powerful, i.e. the time it was most militarized, but that still seems kinda off.

Also notably, that campaign guide was written before TOR existed.

It doesn't make much sense period, just by comparison you could tell there is a great difference between the OR military of Kotor to later ones.

Even TOR while they are a step up in a few areas, are still lacking.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 04:20 AM
Q99

Heck, the *new* Republic arguably had one of the stronger militaries. An indecisive government once the Empire was gone, but a pretty good-sized force that had experience against a peer foe, and had some sweet capital ships and fighters.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 04:44 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Golden Age of the Galactic Republic = Rise of the Empire
Golden Age of the Jedi Order's combative prowess = TOTJ/KOTOR
Golden Age of the Jedi Order over-all = Rise of the Empire

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 06:49 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote