KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Favorite thing from the Disney Continuity

Favorite thing from the Disney Continuity
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Favorite thing from the Disney Continuity

What is your favorite installment in Star Wars that is unique to the Disney Continuity? (Such as Rebels, Tarkin, Dark Disciple, etc. but not any of the first six movies or TCW)

Mine personally is Lords of the Sith. I read through the whole thing earlier this week and absolutely loved it.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 15th, 2015 01:22 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Lords of the Sith, Dark Disciple, and moments of the Marvel Vader comics.

Aftermath might be good as well, and also looking forward to the new Shattered Empire and Vader down series

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 15th, 2015 01:27 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

I like how their aren't over 100 Jedi survivors running around in new continuity.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2015 01:32 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

The topic is about installments, not details.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 15th, 2015 01:33 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TerasKasi1023

Tarkin is my favorite Novel so far, that dialogue Tarkin had with Vader about the Carrion Spike and the Veermok troop really stood out to me. My favorite comic would have to be the one about Kanan.

Other than that nothing else has been all that great imo ,Dark Disciple was OK even though I personally felt like it was a simple rehash of Vos' previous story and Heir to the Jedi was so boring I could barely finish the audiobook.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2015 04:55 AM
Click here to Send TerasKasi1023 a Private Message Find more posts by TerasKasi1023 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

(please log in to view the image)

Paul S. Kemp is a talented writer, his Star Wars: The Old Republic: Deceived is one of my favorites.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2015 05:03 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Rebels or the Darth Vader comic.

Both have been great.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2015 06:29 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTJack0
Ranger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Rebels or the Darth Vader comic.

Both have been great.
This.

The novels have been sub-par.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2015 07:47 AM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Darth Abonis
I like how their aren't over 100 Jedi survivors running around in new continuity.

There may not be over 100 but the first episode of Rebels Season 2 heavily implies there are a lot more than simply Ashoka, Kanan, Yoda and Kenobi.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jul 15th, 2015 02:05 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Ahsoka technically isn't a Jedi, though. But yeah.

Favorite installment would be Rebels, I guess. I haven't been keeping up with the comics and I haven't finished any of the books, lol. ('Bout 85% through Tarkin, and just started Dark Disciple).

Old Post Jul 15th, 2015 02:23 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

I love the Kanan comics personally, although admittedly this mostly due to Depa.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2015 08:54 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Han's wife.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 16th, 2015 08:56 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I'm liking Doc Cylo, I hope to see more of him in various stories and the like.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2015 09:23 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Han's wife.
laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 16th, 2015 10:53 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Rebels I guess. I haven't bothered with anything else.

As far as I'm concerned the Disney continuity is just an Elseworlds.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2015 12:21 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by chilled monkey
Rebels I guess. I haven't bothered with anything else.

As far as I'm concerned the Disney continuity is just an Elseworlds.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2015 12:30 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Lords of the Sith getting this level of praise is genuinely surprising to me. It's not bad, but it's not good either, and while it's basically the canon version of Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, I have to say its Legends counterpart was significantly better.

But to each their own, I suppose.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2015 12:32 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I finished Dark Disciple and in all honesty I loved it. There were some moments that could've been fleshed out more, but I think Golden absolutely nailed Ventress's character and handled the romance a lot better than I expected. Pretty much everyone seemed in-character, you could hear their voices when you read the dialogue. The story I felt was very compelling as well. But I guess Dark Disciple is a "love it or hate it" type of novel, I dunno.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2015 01:58 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote