KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How fast is Revan?

How fast is Revan?
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

How fast is Revan?

Guess-work for Revan's speed has been bouncing around since KOTOR came to popularity over ten years ago. I believe we can finally place Revan's accurate high-end limits.

In Shadow of Revan we see Revan face a republic/imperial strike-team at the Temple of Sacrifice. Then Revan teleports away to the Forgotton Terrace to face a second coalition force. It is important to realise just who was involved here:

Protag.
Darth Marr.
Satele Shan.
Lana Beniko.
Shae Viszla.
Theron Shan.
Jakarro.

Firstly, let us keep ourselves open to a potential scenario. The pro-tag could very well have been the Hero of Tython. The Hero of Tython could quite easily have brought Lord Scourge as his companion on Yavin IV. So the above list could be:

The Hero of Tython.
Lord Scourge.
Darth Marr.
Satele Shan.
Lana Beniko.
Shae Viszla.
Theron Shan.
Jakarro.

That is the scenario I will be working on moving forwards. It is of course important to note the feats of Revan's enemies in this contest:

The Hero of Tython:

Is capable of blitzing Sith Lords in close-combat and defeating an army of elite Imperial Guardsmen on a Dark Side nexus. As well as defeating Darth Angral one of the Sith Empire's greatest warriors. He can also of course face off against and defeat Darth Malgus. Whom long before his prime solidly defeated Leneer, whom percieved milliseconds as minutes with augmentation.

Lord Scourge:

Lord Scourge has percieved real time seconds long Force battles as if they were minutes. He has stalemated the Hero of Tython without seriously trying. Also in a far less powerful state might have been a strong challenge for Meetra Surik on Dromund Kaas. A Jedi who can analyse and attack in less than a second. After this Scourge was made immortal and imbued with the Sith Emperor's powers. He spent three centuries honing his combat abilities by killing over 1,100 Jedi and Sith that Vitiate himself considered threats.

Darth Marr:

Darth Marr has been able to move so fast that to the Force assisted perception of Darth Lachris, he outright teleported. Moving faster than she could blink. Keep in mind that Darth Lachris gave the Barsen'thor a very hard fight one vs one.

Satele Shan:

Satele Shan, moved with 'unbelievable' speed and precision according to the view point of the anti-Jedi biased Sith apprentice Eldon Ax. Whom had to break a fast pace to even keep up with her average speed.

Lana Beniko:

Lana Beniko has easily cut down Revanite Infinite Army super soldiers and Zakuul Knights in combat.

Shae Viszla:

Is the greatest Mandalorian warrior in the galaxy, who has killed countless Jedi in combat.

Theron Shan:

Was capable of facing Dark Council member Darth Karrid in close-combat. A Sith Lord whom herself was capable of facing Jedi Master Gnost-Dural whom could strike six times per second in a duel.

Jakarro:

An experienced Wookiee warrior whom has decades of experience combating Force Users as a Bounty Hunter.

Keep in mind Satele Shan was amplifying her allies with her Battle Meditation whilst simultaneously combating Revan himself. Also note that Revan had just faced off and lost against an elite strike-team of the Imperial and Republic's very best, surely weakening him. He was also expending energy to fuel his attempted ritual, described as using 'massive telekinetic' powers.

Revan was of course amplified by Yavin IV itself but I think the above circumstances more than just cancel this advantage out. Especially considering that Darth Marr, Lord Scourge, and Lana Beniko can all be amplified themselves by the Dark Side nexus as well. Leaving little argument to belittle this combat feat.

Despite all of this, Dark!Revan might have won if not for Spirit!Revan's intervention in the fight.

What this all means is that Revan would have to be equal to all of them in the contest. So as not to be overwhelmed by the sheer number of attacks thrown at him in combat. Five of these have easily blitzed Sith and Jedi, some of them very powerful and fast in their own. The rest of them have matched Force Users in combat reflexes.

Revan must almost certainly be on the highest levels of speed to be capable of facing numerous combatants of this speed level simultaneously and be capable of winning outright without circumstantial aid.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 07:52 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Revan was able to contend with the likes of Darth Marr, Satele Shan and Hero of Tython simultaneously. He is logically extraordinarily fast.

Darth Marr, in particular, could move at such a speed that his movement would literally give the vibe of teleportation to another Force-user. A normal person wouldn't be able to see his movements.

Satele Shan is also stated to be capable of moving at unbelievable speeds. This is also coming from another Force-user.

It takes a Force-user of extraordinary reaction time to contend with the aforementioned Force-users. My guess is that Revan have reaction time somewhere between microsecond and nanosecond; microsecond being minimum threshold.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Sep 27th, 2015 at 08:11 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 08:05 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

About on-par with an inexperienced Magnaguard.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 09:29 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Numerous flaws tbh.

You suggest Dark!Revan could have won, but that's entirely irrelevant to speed since he used force attacks against them to gain an advantage. In fact that alone suggests he was being overwhelmed in melee combat (though that's not really a bad thing).

The TOS operation also isn't canon, or at least the majority of the fight isn't. It was one or the other, but there's pretty conclusive proof both fights didn't happen. Either he was defeated at the Temple and then found defeated at the terrace, or he was defeated at the terrace, but not both. This being because Revan is revealed as Revan during the TOS operation dialogue, but the protags still were not aware he was Revan when on the terrace....

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 10:08 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

In terms of the thread though, logically somewhere around Krayt level.

Not Sheev's speed, but still up there.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 10:09 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Firstly, the fight as a whole was a mix of dueling and Force powers. This is logical because that is simply how these fights work unless stated otherwise. We know it wasn't Force only because in promotional videos he dueled Satele Shan.

Secondly, not quite, you were almost on to something. All operations are considered canon in the SWTOR universe. Your mistake was assuming that the protag who fought Revan at the terrace was also involved in the battle at the Temple of Sacrifice. That makes no sense to the storyline of the main questline. Infact in canonical statements we only ever hear the terms strike team.

It also flies in the face of the over-all arc of the Battle of Yavin IV, infact the whole of the Revanite War. Everything leading up to Yavin IV was about distractions so he could resurrect the Emperor and kill him. His primary plan was to use the Temple of Sacrifice to kill every living thing on Yavin IV outside of the Temple using the Orb, this was thwarted by a coalition strike team. Then he teleported to the Forgotten Terrace where he was trying to escalate the battle and if need be personally kill every Coalition soldier to fuel the Emperor's resurrection. Then he is defeated again there before dying and merging with Spirit!Revan.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Last edited by AncientPower on Sep 27th, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 10:42 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Nice thread. Merely keeping up with that team suggests that he is top speed tier but still not on par with Sidious/Luke etc.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 11:14 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
Firstly, the fight as a whole was a mix of dueling and Force powers. This is logical because that is simply how these fights work unless stated otherwise. We know it wasn't Force only because in promotional videos he dueled Satele Shan.

Secondly, not quite, you were almost on to something. All operations are considered canon in the SWTOR universe. Your mistake was assuming that the protag who fought Revan at the terrace was also involved in the battle at the Temple of Sacrifice. That makes no sense to the storyline of the main questline. Infact in canonical statements we only ever hear the terms strike team.

It also flies in the face of the over-all arc of the Battle of Yavin IV, infact the whole of the Revanite War. Everything leading up to Yavin IV was about distractions so he could resurrect the Emperor and kill him. His primary plan was to use the Temple of Sacrifice to kill every living thing on Yavin IV outside of the Temple using the Orb, this was thwarted by a coalition strike team. Then he teleported to the Forgotten Terrace where he was trying to escalate the battle and if need be personally kill every Coalition soldier to fuel the Emperor's resurrection. Then he is defeated again there before dying and merging with Spirit!Revan.

Except it's always referred to as a strike team of the greatest heroes, and we know who the greatest combatants on Yavin are, and we know they didn't go. Not to mention the only forces ever shown moving against the Temple in cutscenes are rank and file troopers. Unless you're suggesting Revan was defeated by a squad of troops, or mook Jedi Knights that happened to be travelling with Satele, I simply don't buy that he was defeated at the Temple.

And I'm not sure how the fact he out-duels Satele is relevant to him suddenly out duelling all of the people he's facing. It's a scripted mechanic that he retreats and resorts to force destruction, it's pretty obvious he'd only do that if he wasn't making ground in a melee battle.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 11:32 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Temple of Sacrifice Operation is not contradicted by anything, lmfao. It's canon.

Revan / the protag even makes reference of it if you decide to do that storyline. erm

And lmfao @ Revan using the Force = "retreating" in lightsaber combat.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 27th, 2015 at 03:35 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 03:32 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

People desperately trying to lowball Revan tbh. thumb up

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 03:36 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The argument never was he was besting them all in lightsaber combat, just that he was holding his own... which is true.

---

Hero of Tython: "My team shut down the Sith device. Revan tried to intervene, but we managed to drive him away."

Darth Marr: "Impressive. We have prepared a joint assault force to secure the area and pacify any remaining enemies."

*cutscene plays*

Theron Shan: "All units report success. The temple is secured, and all remaining Revanites have been downed. Just one left, now."

*you confront Revan*

Revan: "You barely managed to drive me away last time. What makes you think you can survive against me?"

Hero of Tython: "The Force is not my only ally."

kek @ Tython admitting inferiority to Revan too though, lol. ^

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 03:39 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Ngl, that dialogue makes it sound like ToS was a solo op.

http://swtor.mmozone.de/wp-content/...f-Sacrifice.jpg

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 03:45 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

How the **** does "team" and "we" sound like a solo OP?

an kil urself plz thx

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 03:46 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Tython implying he didn't have powerful allies last time kek. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 03:48 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Pretty sure Revan meant "you needed an entire crew to beat my last time, you think you can take me solo?" And Hero responds with "ha ***** I got a crew this time too you're ****ed."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 03:49 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Not what it sounded like on Hero's end. Or he's just an autistic captain obvious.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 03:55 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The Hero's response is the most generic lightside quote in the history of generic lightside quotes. erm

For reference, here's what the other protags say:

"I have a feeling I'm not the only one who wants a crack at you."

and

"No soldier fights alone."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 03:57 PM
Revanchiste

Already at KotOR era it have been stated that Mandalorian war Revan or Darth Revan was just around 20 time faster that the other top tier force user of his days.... Revan was an unstoppable killing machine... It so sad that he ended broken like in SoR... Still SoR Revan keep the basic force technique (wich is for Revan really advanced technics) and Revan raw power... But Darth Revan just beat SoR Revan even if you deny Darth Revan raw power.... Just Listen to Jensaarai01....Grey Jedi and Jensaarai 01 are the most KotOR faoys in the 4...

It is contracdicted by somethings.. revan strategical genius combined with the fact he know the existance of the psychics bombs....

Ant look me right between the eyes, and tell me that especialy for Revan resurecting the emperor was a dumb moove...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 04:38 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

"Look me right between the eyes," I'm telling you, this kid is just gold.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 04:44 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well, Revan has a 17 Dex so he's way faster than Sidious. Not quite as fast as Bastila though.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 04:50 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote