KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Understanding Vitiate

Understanding Vitiate
Started by: S_W_LeGenD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

Understanding Vitiate

It is becoming clear with passage of time that Vitiate is not a living being but an entity. He was a mortal living being during in earlier times but he began to change in the aftermath of Nathema event. He maintained corporeal existence for some time but eventually began to manifest in the form of Children and Voices. He can exist as a disembodied being as well.

So is Valkorion a Voice or something more?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 08:57 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Seeing as he had the glow effect again when he was stabbed, and based on what he says when he gets stabbed, yeah, he's almost certainly a voice. I mean, that'd be the worst way to kill him off permanently, so he has to be a voice.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 11:32 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer
Seeing as he had the glow effect again when he was stabbed, and based on what he says when he gets stabbed, yeah, he's almost certainly a voice. I mean, that'd be the worst way to kill him off permanently, so he has to be a voice.

Again...yeah let's make it a voice for the 100th time...really getting old here.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 11:57 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I thought it was long ago established that Sidious and Vitiate aren't just corporeal entities; both exist primarily as energy.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 01:16 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Pretty much stated ad demonstrated to be fact in DE lol.

His essence was only defeated when he was dragged to/trapped in hell by the spirits of the Jedi of days past lol.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 01:19 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Nothing you said contradicts my post whatsoever. You're simply arguing that Vitiate is more impressive, not that Sidious isn't similarly a formless entity.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 01:24 PM
The_Tempest

Yeah, the Dark Empire endnotes state Sheev is a chaotic nexus of dark side energy that can't be defined by physical form or some such.

Nothing new.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 01:26 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I wouldn't say this is really news.

What I'd like to know is whether Vitiate/Valkorion has a true body or not, and if so where and what is it?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 01:30 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

I found this:

"Voices... Hands... Children... I no longer require those crude vessels. At long last I am truly free." (Valkorion)

Very telling. Even the hands were vessels.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 02:13 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I thought it was long ago established that Sidious and Vitiate aren't just corporeal entities; both exist primarily as energy.

“Luminous beings are we. Not this crude matter.”

Basically, this is true of pretty much all characters. Sure, unlike most, Valkorion can continue to exist independently even after the death of his mortal form. But so to can Exar Kun or Sidious or Yoda. The only real difference with him is that he can assume multiple forms at once.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 02:43 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote:
The only real difference with him is that he can assume multiple forms at once.
Actually, I'd add in other things as well.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 03:23 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Then again, his ability to do that is limited as well. When he takes up the mantle of Immortal Emperor of Zakuul, the Sith Emperor becomes silent. When he takes up the mantle of Sith Emperor, the Immortal Emperor of Zakuul grows cold and distant.

He only truly operates/functions through one form at a time, and leaves his alternate identities on standby.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 03:27 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

The only one who implies that is Marr, and given what we see on Ziost, it isn't even true.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 03:41 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Understand that Vitiate have hype in encyclopedic medium

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 03:59 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by ILS
Understand that Vitiate have hype in encyclopedic medium

Still butthurt?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 04:00 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Just as the Kun brigade was mildly picking up steam, amirite? smilesmilesmile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 04:01 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
The only one who implies that is Marr, and given what we see on Ziost, it isn't even true.

Senya supports it strongly, Marr supports it, and evidence in general supports it.

For centuries pre-SWTOR, presumably during the forging of Zakuul, Vitiate went silent in the Empire. When he returned to commanding the Empire, Senya noted that Valkorion suddenly and unexpectedly became cold and distant, and never spoke to her or her children.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 04:10 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Senya supports it strongly, Marr supports it, and evidence in general supports it.

For centuries pre-SWTOR, presumably during the forging of Zakuul, Vitiate went silent in the Empire. When he returned to commanding the Empire, Senya noted that Valkorion suddenly and unexpectedly became cold and distant, and never spoke to her or her children.

You do realize that Senya is talking about Valkorion just ignoring Arcann and Thexan, yeah? She's talking about him being a shit parent, not literally disappearing.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 04:32 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by ladyxtmanylathv
I think he means distant as if his mind is elsewhere.

thumb up

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 04:46 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

All she says is immediately after they were born he wanted nothing to do with them and he started grooming Vaylin to be insane. If he legit wasn't there, I doubt they would choose him over her.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 04:48 PM