KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » what is your preference for Snoke's backstory?

what is your preference for Snoke's backstory?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
he is darth plageuis 4 57.14%
he is an ancient sith, older than darth plageuis 1 14.29%
he is another sith like sidious or maul 0 0%
he is an ancient dark side cult unrelated to the sith 2 28.57%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
redpill

Love what is your preference for Snoke's backstory?

feel free to offer your reasons and how it fits in with canon.

so if you prefer snoke is plageuis, how did he survive sidious assassination and is he alive now as a sith spirit?

if you prefer snoke is sidious or maul, doesn't this sort of cheapen sidious/vader's sacrifice in ROTJ if they bring back sidious?

if you think snoke is an acient sith, what was he doing during the time of the empire? how did sidious not sense his presence?

same with snoke being another dark side cult unrelated to the sith. what was he doing during the time of the empire? how did sidious not sense his presence?

IMO my preference would be snoke being another dark side cult unrelated to the sith. Disney would have to publish sources to clarify this dark side cult, and what became of it during the sith and jedi era.

similar stories in legends

- ashared hett in legacy finds Xoxaaan an ancient sith lord
- the muur talism with karness murr trapped inside
- the backstory of wolve karko.
- darth addendu and darth wrrylock search for him

Last edited by redpill on Dec 31st, 2015 at 10:26 PM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 10:18 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Was there a problem discussing it here like we have been?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i like the idea of having a poll on this topic, but your polling options are terrible.

"should snoke be from an ancient darkside cult, an ancient darkside cult, an ancient darkside cult, or an ancient darkside cult?"

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 10:26 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Was there a problem discussing it here like we have been?
i have no idea who snoke is.

my preference is he's something completely new

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 10:28 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i like the idea of having a poll on this topic, but your polling options are terrible.

"should snoke be from an ancient darkside cult, an ancient darkside cult, an ancient darkside cult, or an ancient darkside cult?"

stih is establlished, plageuis is established.

would you prefer snoke comes from something established in the prequels or OT or prefer snoke be something completely new?

if new how did the jedi and sith not know of it?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 10:29 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by redpill
[...]or prefer snoke be something completely new?

this.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 10:35 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

this.

so lets go with this

did yoda jedi or sidious plagueis know anything of snoke?
what was snoke's dark side cult doing during clone wars and empire?

did snoke and his cult have any interactions with jedi or sith prior to ep 7?

IMO snoke comes from a dark side cult from the unknown region, who leads the knights of ren and use cracked kyber crystals to power lightsabers.

he felt the birth of the chosen one and that caused him to leave the unknown region where he observed and waited. jedi and sith had never any previous interactions with snoke and ren, nor the latter with the former.

i think the relation between snoke and ren is like legacy's one sith between krayt and his subordinates

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 10:40 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

whoa, i'm not trying to discredit any theories or outline my own in minute detail. it's just that "new non-sith" is also plausible and fairly popular enough to deserve it's own polling option. it could be easily rectified if you petition ush or queeq. if that happens, i'll vote.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 31st, 2015 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 10:47 PM
redpill

whoa, i'm not trying to discredit any theories or outline my own in minute detail. it's just that "new non-sith" is also plausible and fairly popular enough to deserve it's own polling option. it could be easily rectified if you petition ush or queeq. if that happens, i'll vote.

he is an ancient dark side cult unrelated to the sith = "new non-sith"

my reservation is how can you be powerful in teh dark side and the sith not know this?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 11:01 PM
Zenwolf

There were plenty of powerful groups that weren't aligned with either the Jedi or Sith. Not far fetched either didn't bother with them.

Sorcerers of Rhand come to mind.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 11:31 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

I hope he's Plagious. That would be so cool! I doubt he will be though.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 12:09 AM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I vote none on this poll...

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 02:16 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

my reservation is how can you be powerful in teh dark side and the sith not know this?

"reservation"?

oh ok, so you're eliminating a valid and plausible option because you don't like it? sounds fair. thumb up

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 02:20 AM
redpill

Originally posted by JediRobin23
I vote none on this poll...
what do u prefer confused

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 02:49 AM
redpill

"reservation"?

oh ok, so you're eliminating a valid and plausible option because you don't like it? sounds fair. thumb up

if there's a good explanation how a very powerful and ancient dark sider can be alive during sidious reign and sidious not know this i'm open to hearing it smile

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 02:50 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

what do u prefer confused

Well, to be honest, I don't want to know

Just hope Rian Johnson does hold a good script.....

And Disney doesn't f this up as they played it safe with ep 7....

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 03:02 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

if there's a good explanation how a very powerful and ancient dark sider can be alive during sidious reign and sidious not know this i'm open to hearing it smile

yeah i'm done wasting my time with your shenanigans.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 03:08 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Don't blame you...

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 03:12 AM
redpill

what do you mean? if you think disney writers should go with new dark side background then the plot points i describe would be problem for fans

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 03:16 AM