KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Inqusitors Raise Massive Temple

Inqusitors Raise Massive Temple
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Inqusitors Raise Massive Temple

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 10:18 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Little to do with telekinesis.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 10:41 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

They used the force to twist it up, looks like it was designed that way, so I'm guessing a couple Average Jedi Masters would do the trick.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 10:44 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Haschwalth
They used the force to twist it up, looks like it was designed that way, so I'm guessing a couple Average Jedi Masters would do the trick.

Actually, when it initially is lifted, it doesn't twist:
https://youtu.be/tT_eLtODF5A?t=1m20s

It only twists after the inqusitors have already raised up the temple to a certain point.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 10:46 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Actually, when it initially is lifted, it doesn't twist:
https://youtu.be/tT_eLtODF5A?t=1m20s

It only twists after the inqusitors have already raised up the temple to a certain point.

Nah it's turning if you look at the top left corner.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I'm pretty sure any Jedi Master/Apprentice duo is supposed to be capable of lifting the temple. The Inquisitors seemed to be simply overriding or overpowering the defense mechanisms of the temple that determine the Force alignment of the individuals attempting to enter -- but barring resistance from the temple, it otherwise would logically be easily accessible to Jedi duos of various power levels. Therefore, I'd say the "feat" is unquantifiable.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 11:01 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Haschwalth
Nah it's turning if you look at the top left corner.
I looked, there's no horizontal movement anywhere on the temple at the moment I linked. It only starts twisting after the inqusitors have turned it a bit.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 11:39 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by |King Joker|
I'm pretty sure any Jedi Master/Apprentice duo is supposed to be capable of lifting the temple. The Inquisitors seemed to be simply overriding or overpowering the defense mechanisms of the temple that determine the Force alignment of the individuals attempting to enter -- but barring resistance from the temple, it otherwise would logically be easily accessible to Jedi duos of various power levels. Therefore, I'd say the "feat" is unquantifiable.

There's a fairly simple way to settle this, compare how it opening with the inqusitors to how it was moving for Kanan and Ezra, I'll look for the video of Kanan and Ezra lifting it.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 11:40 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Found it,
https://youtu.be/kNGXKTQG1bw?t=52s
When Kanan and Ezra liift it the temple is twisting from the onset

https://youtu.be/tT_eLtODF5A?t=1m19s

When the inqusitors lift it the temple doesn't twist for the first ten seconds(look at the lines on the temple for a frame of reference).

This would indicate the mechanism wasn't helping the inqusitors for much of the feat.

The temple only started twisting here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT_....be&t=1m20s

This is further supported by the inqusitors visibly straining far more to lift the temple than Kanan and Ezra were able to.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 11:45 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It's clearly not just TK, rofl. We see giant red circles popping up all over the place when they're doing the act.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 12:06 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Just out of curiosity, as I don't watch Rebels, why didn't the red circles light up when Kanan and Ezra did it?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 12:08 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Maybe it's just different depending on what set of Users open the temple? Light or Dark.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 12:12 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

That would make sense - they light up red because someone who shouldn't be raising the temple is doing so.

I was going to get into Rebels since Thrawn is on there now, is it worth it? Do they do him justice?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 12:15 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It's clearly not just TK, rofl. We see giant red circles popping up all over the place when they're doing the act.

So?

Also, you can see the reflection of red light prior to them initating the tk:

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 12:17 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Trocity
That would make sense - they light up red because someone who shouldn't be raising the temple is doing so.

I was going to get into Rebels since Thrawn is on there now, is it worth it? Do they do him justice?

Thrawn let's see...I mean of all the characters in the show, he is one of the good ones. I mean they have his analyzing part down, but as far as like uber hax tactics...meh. I mean the final battle was a pretty nice showing for him(though I wouldn't put it up as far and above), but other than that, he's not really shown doing much other than the final episode of S3 and a couple of personal combat showings.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 12:20 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by Trocity

Have you read the Thrawn book that came out this year?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 12:25 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Anyway, if the mechanism that was working for the jedi was working for the inqusitors, then the temple should have twisted open from the start rather than just stay in the same position horizontally as it was rising vertically.

Furthermore, the temple's internal mechanics only "allow" force users in after sensing their alignment:
quote:

The Jedi temple Kanan brings Ezra to is located in Lothal's highlands. The energy of the Force radiates from the central temple spire. Ezra listens to the secrets of the ruins as he presses his hands upon the icy stone. He senses that the temple will allow both him and Kanan to enter.
Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles

There's no reason the temple would allow darksiders to enter here and it's telling that instead of automatically twisting open as it did with the jedi that it had to be vertically pushed up for ten seconds at the start.

Additionally, the sith are visibly straining themselves much more than the jedi were despite being comparably powerful to the lightsiders here which again suggests that the mechanism which would make lifting the temple easy isn't at play here.

It's also worth noting we never see the inqusitors try to overide any internal mechanism prior to their lifting of the temple. If that was neccessary for the feat then why wasn't it shown on screen or alluded to anywhere in secondary material regarding the text?

It stands to reason the temple wasn't helping the inquisitors.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Oct 17th, 2017 at 12:39 AM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 12:27 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Found it,
https://youtu.be/kNGXKTQG1bw?t=52s
When Kanan and Ezra liift it the temple is twisting from the onset

https://youtu.be/tT_eLtODF5A?t=1m19s

When the inqusitors lift it the temple doesn't twist for the first ten seconds(look at the lines on the temple for a frame of reference).

This would indicate the mechanism wasn't helping the inqusitors for much of the feat.

The temple only started twisting here:

This is further supported by the inqusitors visibly straining far more to lift the temple than Kanan and Ezra were able to.
Dude, are you serious?
You literally linked a video where the Inquisitors started lifting the temple at 1:19, and then say that the temple didn't twist for the first ten seconds, and then you proceed to link to the same video at 1:20 (one second after the initial link) and say that that's when the temple starts to twist. Like, what?

The temple starts to lift immediately after the Inquisitors start using the Force on it, just how it did with Kanan and Ezra. It's just slower. Like I said before, the temple is resisting the Inquisitors because they use the dark side, but that doesn't negate the fact that there is a mechanism in place.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 12:39 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I linked the wrong time frame for when the temple starts twisting:
https://youtu.be/tT_eLtODF5A?t=1m31s

Anyway, I never said anything regarding "lift", reread what I said.

Also, the "internal mechanism" has already been specified by the source I just posted to be the temple "allowing the jedi in" after seeing who they were. The temple did not allow the inqusitors in so it wouldn't be aiding the inqusitors with the feat.

Hence why the inqusitors require alot of strain while Kanan and Ezra don't.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 12:49 AM
Trocity

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Thrawn let's see...I mean of all the characters in the show, he is one of the good ones. I mean they have his analyzing part down, but as far as like uber hax tactics...meh. I mean the final battle was a pretty nice showing for him(though I wouldn't put it up as far and above), but other than that, he's not really shown doing much other than the final episode of S3 and a couple of personal combat showings.

Much appreciated. I might check it out, I was hesitant cuz I figured they would just butcher his character. Rebels in general seems pretty lame, I feel like I'd need Thrawn to be as great as he was for me to be interested.

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Have you read the Thrawn book that came out this year?

Literally just picked it up the other day, currently about halfway through smile

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 12:56 AM