KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Rebels - Season 4, Heroes of Mandalore [Discussion]

Star Wars Rebels - Season 4, Heroes of Mandalore [Discussion]
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Question Star Wars Rebels - Season 4, Heroes of Mandalore [Discussion]

Thoughts?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 16th, 2017 at 10:53 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I finished episode one of two so far. God awful.

Watching episode two now and am finding myself hate it even more.

How Filoni could make an episode of Mandalorians so terrible is beyond me.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 16th, 2017 at 10:53 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 10:46 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Some one explain to me how a eleven year old (Sabine) created this super-weapon doomsday device that one-shots all Mandalorians on sight that no other Mandalorian could create?

I'm just not buying it. Not at all.

Also, god damn, I never remembered Bo Katan being so unreasonably annoying.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 16th, 2017 at 10:55 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 10:51 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I'd take Season One of TCW over this.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 16th, 2017 at 10:55 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 10:53 PM
Zenwolf

It was...eh...it might have been better if Sabine's mother/brother actually ya know...died, but of course not. The action was...eh. Also some 'warrior' culture they are, when Sabine's dad seems very tame and meek. A Legends Mando wouldn't put up with that shit and would stomp his teeth in.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 12:10 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysentinel365

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I'd take Season One of TCW over this.

So it's a standard Rebels episode then?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 01:00 AM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Greysentinel365
So it's a standard Rebels episode then?

Putting it one way, probably less.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 01:24 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Canon sucks. Any Kanan feats?

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 01:40 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Canon sucks. Any Kanan feats?

Nothing new really.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 01:43 AM
Solar Power

Originally posted by Zenwolf
It was...eh...it might have been better if Sabine's mother/brother actually ya know...died, but of course not.

Totally killed the emotional impact of the first episode ending. An underwhelming start to the final season, par for the course.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 02:18 AM
Click here to Send Solar Power a Private Message Find more posts by Solar Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Solar Power
Totally killed the emotional impact of the first episode ending. An underwhelming start to the final season, par for the course.

Yeah, there's probably gonna be a few small gems within the season, but not enough if any of the other seasons are indications. I kinda face scrunched at some of the S4 trailer soo...yeah..

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 02:28 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Watched the first part. No idea why there's such strong dislike here. The episode was fine. Nice action sequences, decent dialogue, and a well placed twist at the end that raised the stakes and opened the possibility for some character exploration of who, at this point is this show's weakest character and badly needs it.

It's not on par with the openers of the other seasons, but that's fine as rebels opnenrs have always been extremely good. The question is whether they can conistently produce episodes of this quality.

Perhaps the second episode will explain the reaction here.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

5 seconds in and now I understand the pessimism.

Wow.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 02:47 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

My major complaints:

- Sabine being capable of creating a weapon that other Mandalorians cannot in her pre-teen years. I can't feel for her struggle given it's so unbelievably difficult to actually believe.

- Ezra's and Kanan's utter irrelevance; Ezra being pure comedic humor. What happened to the dark-side Ezra that was hinted at?

- Sabine's mother and brother conveniently being the only ones who survive the doomsday device. That's the ultimate expression of PIS.

- Bo-Katan. I never really liked her, but her constant mood-swings is cringe-inducing. Also, why were they trying to make Sabine giving her the darksaber as emotional? It's ****ing not.

- Mandalorians. Their portrayal doesn't make any sense. They seem more like heroic rebels slightly more capable than a stormtrooper than brutally-trained warriors ready to kill on command.

- The episode finished.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 02:54 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
5 seconds in and now I understand the pessimism.

Wow.
thumb up They ruined a plotline that could've been really emotionally compelling.

At the end of the first episode when I thought Sabine's mom and brother actually died I literally said out loud, "Holy shit," because I was really surprised and impressed that Rebels went in that direction. But of course, something that interesting would've been too good to be true.

Last edited by |King Joker| on Oct 17th, 2017 at 02:58 AM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 02:56 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Also, why were they trying to make Sabine giving her the darksaber as emotional? It's ****ing not.
Eh, IIRC in Season 3 they kind of made a big deal about the darksaber because of its symbolic weight as a uniter of clans and extremely long history, as well as the implications about the strength of the person who wields it, so I could understand why it was being made a big deal.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 03:02 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Yea, the episode was still a very good one. Some nice symbolism with the armor, a great character moment for Sabine who's been strengthened as a character throughout this arc, very good action sequences, and a nice ending.

That said, this is still flawed and in many ways shows hwo this show constantly wastes it's own potential.
While this was a solid story, it could have been so much more powerful if Disney didn't feel the need to backtrack.

Having Tristan and Sabine's mother die would have provided an opportunity for us to see Sabine really suffer. And it's something she could have overcome the course of a season in stead of two singular episodes. Instead though, the personal conflict here has been fully expended when it could have been expanded on.

We see another example of this when Disney doesn't have the imperial mandalorian die when he's shocked by his superior. Again, needlessly reducing the power of their scenes.

Also, I don't like how the jedi are potrayed, especially Ezra. Why did Ezra come off as way more capable at the start of season 3 then he is now? Isn't Ezra supposed tobe growing more powerful? Becoming stronger?

So why is he still potrayed as comedic relief combatively?

On a bright note, Thrawn was killing it as he usually does. Him lecturing the mando on art was great sh!t.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Oct 17th, 2017 at 03:21 AM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 03:19 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

@KJ: Sure, but Bo-Katan doesn't really create an emotional response. If she was giving it to a developed character, then sure, the move would have significance, but Bo-Katan was just introduced in Rebels (meaning half the audience just learned about her five seconds prior), and in TCW, she has little characterization. Sabine could have given the Darksaber to a random Mandalorian and it would elicit the same response for me.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 03:19 AM
Zenwolf

My major complaints:

- Mandalorians. Their portrayal doesn't make any sense. They seem more like heroic rebels slightly more capable than a stormtrooper than brutally-trained warriors ready to kill on command.

Legends Mandos would be ashamed and then proceed to kick their asses.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 03:27 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

- The episode finished.

Rofl.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 03:37 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote