KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What if Count Dooku had been Anakin's master?

What if Count Dooku had been Anakin's master?
Started by: Board Walker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Board Walker

What if Count Dooku had been Anakin's master?

Lets say Count dooku never joined with Darth Sidious, and that Qui Gon Jinn's last wishes for his old friend Dooku to train Anakin. Dooku honoring his old friends request adopts Anakin as his own, and teaches him everything he knows about the force as well as saber combat.

Thus Anakin was trained in Makashi by Dooku and his morals, values, perceptions were based upon Dooku's teachngs.

My questions are these

1. How would Anakin's fighting style be different?
2. How would his view on life be different?
3. Would Anakin be able to cope better or worse with his inner anger?
4. Would Anakin be able to cope better or worse with his inherent inner dark side?
5. Would Anakin be stronger or weaker in physical combat?
6. Would Anakin be stronger or weaker in the force, and force combat?
7. Would Anakin have joined the Jedi Order?
8. Would Anakin have eventually fallen to the dark side?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2014 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Dooku was already pretty wary of the Jedi Order and a bit bitter. Maybe Anakin would have pulled him out of his tailspin but I doubt it.

Most likely, Anakin would have been pushing to defeat Dooku, who takes poorly to being bested (See Dark Rendezvous) and they'd have a very toxic relationship.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2014 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

I would think that if Dooku was fostering Anakin since he was a child, then Anakin would see him as a father/mentor figure and assimilate his (dooku's teachings).

Are you saying because dooku is so competitive that they wouldn't have an effective teacher/student relationship? I would imagine that Dooku would want his student/prodigy to surpass him.

Last edited by Board Walker on Mar 10th, 2014 at 08:45 PM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2014 08:32 PM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

The most powerful instructor for Anakin is obviously Sidious. The Jedi Order was sucky at that point anyway and had to be allowed to die.

Vader could have conquered Sidious if he'd directed his hatred at his master and learned even more focus than he did in the OT - honed his debilitated - yet still greater - potential at conquering his Master. He could have healed his lungs, repaired his tissues. He was doing so in Shadows of the Empire but lost clarity of hatred to focus when his lungs started feeling better and he never fully healed them. If he had unlocked his remaining potential to the fullest he could have begun regenerating midi-chlorians and flesh - allowing him to unlock more potential. Repair his lungs, epidermis, stop his aging, reverse his aging, and, finally, he could have regrown his arms and legs. As Plagueis would have done for his jaw I'm sure. Plagueis lost those midi-chlorians during his assassination attempt but claimed he felt them increasing.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Mar 12th, 2014 06:15 PM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Board Walker
I would think that if Dooku was fostering Anakin since he was a child, then Anakin would see him as a father/mentor figure and assimilate his (dooku's teachings).

Are you saying because dooku is so competitive that they wouldn't have an effective teacher/student relationship? I would imagine that Dooku would want his student/prodigy to surpass him.
Whereas Obi-wan was holding him back and Yoda wanted no part in it.

With Dooku as an instructor Anakin's combat skills would have been off the charts by AoTC.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Mar 12th, 2014 06:17 PM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

That is amazing that vader could have healed his lungs, could he have regrown his limbs though? I don't understand why he didn't use his hatred in order to fuel his power to regrow his limbs, did he just not want to?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2014 11:30 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Anakin should have been taken under Windu or perhaps Yoda's teachings. He would have likely been the best to teach him how to control his inner darkness. Not that Kenobi wasn't a great Master.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 13th, 2014 04:53 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

That is amazing that vader could have healed his lungs, could he have regrown his limbs though? I don't understand why he didn't use his hatred in order to fuel his power to regrow his limbs, did he just not want to?

1) His first priority was repairing his lungs (you can live without limbs, you can't live without lungs).

2) His lungs were still there, just badly damaged. His limbs were gone, as in not physically there anymore. Which do you think would be easiest, repairing organs that are present but damaged or growing brand new limbs from scratch?

3) As for the "use his hatred in order to fuel his power" bit, that's exactly what he tried to do with his lungs. The problem was as soon as it started to work his hate would be replaced by relief and joy which drove away the dark side and the healing would immediately be undone.

Slightly OT, that's why the line "there is no emotion, there is peace" has always bothered me. Sure, base emotions like anger and fear fuel the dark side, but emotions like happiness poison it (Shadows of the Empire flat out states this).

Old Post Mar 13th, 2014 05:18 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Why didnt anakin use light sidr healing like revan did? Revan in seconds regenerated his melted face, and any other melted body part and he was using the dark side as well. Couldnt vader have done the same?

Also vader being a technological genius, couldnt he replace his suit with something sleek and equally if not faster than his human body (think star killers super agile, fast cyborg body he gets in the what if scenario)? I mean vader could have used his hatred to keep his lungs working while he made the transfer.

or why didnt he fuel dark side healing with happiness and joy? I thought the dark side is all about emotion as the gateway to power, shouldnt the dark side work equally as well with all emotional extremes?

contrastingly isnt the light side about a lack of emotion, such as indifference and cold contempt as the gateway to power? In this case i can see the light being just as "evil" as the dark, and the dark being potentially just as "good" as the light.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2014 05:31 PM
chilled monkey

Sorry, didn't mean to double post.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Mar 13th, 2014 at 06:04 PM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2014 05:50 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Why didnt anakin use light sidr healing like revan did? Revan in seconds regenerated his melted face, and any other melted body part and he was using the dark side as well. Couldnt vader have done the same?

Haven't read the Revan novel so I can't say for sure. I'd assume that the knowledge to do so was lost over time. Consider that Freedon Nadd was able to use the dark side to heal Exar Kun (although it was an agonizing process) and in TOR, Sith Inquisitors have healing abilities, yet by the time of the New Sith Wars Bane was convinced that the dark side couldn't heal at all. Sometimes knowledge is lost.

Also vader being a technological genius, couldnt he replace his suit with something sleek and equally if not faster than his human body (think star killers super agile, fast cyborg body he gets in the what if scenario)? I mean vader could have used his hatred to keep his lungs working while he made the transfer.

No he couldn't. As I said, the second his lungs started to heal Vader would feel relief and such positive feelings instantly drove the dark side from him.

or why didnt he fuel dark side healing with happiness and joy? I thought the dark side is all about emotion as the gateway to power, shouldnt the dark side work equally as well with all emotional extremes?

Nope. The dark side is all about BASE emotions. Anger, fear, hate etc. Positive emotions such as happiness are poison to the dark side.

Consider this; how many times have we seen a Sith who is happy? Truly happy? When have we seen Sith just hanging out with friends and having a good time?

Never.

Sure they may feel malicious glee, sadistic pleasure and such but never pure true joy.

contrastingly isnt the light side about a lack of emotion, such as indifference and cold contempt as the gateway to power?

Nope. The light side is about positive feelings. Joy, hope, caring etc. The light side is about compassion. Indifference and cold contempt do not equal compassion.

In this case i can see the light being just as "evil" as the dark, and the dark being potentially just as "good" as the light.

I believe the comic series "Spawn" had a similar idea, but that is not the case here.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Mar 13th, 2014 at 06:16 PM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2014 06:04 PM
juyomaster34

imo,Dooku would have been a great teacher and master for Annie...
Dooku would have taught him Makashi respectfully and Annie would have mastered....
due to certain events would still practice,master,utilize Djem So and Shien.....

Juyo,imo would suit Annie just fine.....
Annie would be in better control w/Dooku
I also think to ease Annie's mind...Dooku would have freed his mother from slavery...

Dooku teaching Annie how to master Telekinesis would have imo rivaled Yoda...a little.
His inner darkness?I would say Mace....if he would have gotten past his distrusting nature
of Skywalker...I see him(Annie) surpassing Mace in Vaapad...if proven to be worthy of learning
it.

Even if Yoda was teaching him....he would still be taught Djem So and Shien.... then Juyo...
Or just Juyo like Rahm Kota...

As Grand Master it was Yoda's responsibility to train the Chosen One....From padawan to master.
Anakin is the Chosen One...And the Chosen One.. should have been taught by the Grand Master

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 10:20 PM
Click here to Send juyomaster34 a Private Message Find more posts by juyomaster34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Fascinating

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 08:36 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

That would've been a terrible match-up. Dooku respects Kenobi because he basically reminds him of himself; and we all know the relationship between Anakin's unorthodox attitudes and Kenobi the traditionalist.

Anakin is too immature and reckless to have ever succeeded with Dooku as his master. Qui-Gon would have been a better master IMO.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 02:59 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by Kurk
That would've been a terrible match-up. Dooku respects Kenobi because he basically reminds him of himself; and we all know the relationship between Anakin's unorthodox attitudes and Kenobi the traditionalist.

Anakin is too immature and reckless to have ever succeeded with Dooku as his master. Qui-Gon would have been a better master IMO.

I think that was the point of Qui Son in ep 1... that we see a possible alternate future where Ani actually got trained by a Jedi master that was better suited to his particular character flaws and what could have been

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 09:07 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

I don't think Makashi would fit with Anakin. Maybe as a Padawan, but once he reached Knighthood he'd probably switch to something that fits his personality more.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 09:37 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote