KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » SW Insider - Rey & Luke

SW Insider - Rey & Luke
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

SW Insider - Rey & Luke

I came across from Insider 177, and thought I'd share...

(please log in to view the image)

*I, for one, was still holding out hope that the trailers depicting Luke as a broken shade of his former self in TLJ were just the product of creative editing... But unfortunately, it would seem the trailers have actually painted a spot-on portrait of his characterization(he's evidently befriending animals, ffs.) Real shame.

Now all I can do is cross my fingers that he snaps back to reality at *some* point, and gets a noteworthy redemption moment.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 28th, 2017 at 04:27 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 04:23 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

agreed

i dont want luke to turn into a pussy

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 06:06 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

ah, so Luke is the ESB Yoda of TLJ. How original.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Doesn't seem like ESB Yoda at all. erm

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 10:08 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Doesn't seem like ESB Yoda at all. erm
Surviving off of nature with only the animals for company? Sounds like Dagobah to me.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I mean, that's sort of the case for any exile, isn't it?

I'm speaking in more meaningful terms.

Yoda was forced into exile, grew as an individual, bonded closer with what it means to be a Jedi, and waited for the day he would train the one who would topple the threat he helped create.

Luke choose to go into exile, withered as an individual, rejected completely what it means to be a Jedi, and is not interested in helping anyone or toppling the threat he helped create at all.

For better or for worse, they're opposites.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 10:48 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Luke choose to go into exile, withered as an individual, rejected completely what it means to be a Jedi, and is not interested in helping anyone or toppling the threat he helped create at all.

That's so OOC of Luke imo...it might be Legends talking but....yeah.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 11:53 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysentinel365

Wow canon is disappointing again.

This is a surprise because?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 12:06 AM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Greysentinel365
Wow canon is disappointing again.

This is a surprise because?

Not all of it is, some of it's good, there's a few interesting characters...even though some were completely wasted potential.

Though there is a prior bar that was set, so that might have something to do with it.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 12:16 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

History repeats itself.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 03:27 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Luke will fall to the Dark Side.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 03:36 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysentinel365

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Not all of it is,

Most of it is.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 05:26 AM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

TLJ will suck.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 06:34 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Greysentinel365
Most of it is.

I mean...I'll agree to that I suppose.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what the worst offense the New Canon has done when they started incorporating Legends elements.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 03:14 PM
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Originally posted by Azronger
TLJ will suck.

Unfortunately that's probably true.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kylo's story is more entertaining.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 09:16 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I just hate that Disney seems to be neutering the shit out of OT characters, solely to make way for the new kids.

All I wanted out of this new trilogy was to see Luke "Force God" Skywalker in action... But the more previews/teaser I see, the less likely that seems. sick

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 02:19 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry guys, we have to face the fact that we as SW debaters/fans are a niche group of nerds. Disney cares for the $$$ which lies mostly in the younger fans.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 05:23 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Galan007
I just hate that Disney seems to be neutering the shit out of OT characters, solely to make way for the new kids.

All I wanted out of this new trilogy was to see Luke "Force God" Skywalker in action... But the more previews/teaser I see, the less likely that seems. sick

Yoda confirmed strongest Jedi in the movies I guess. Damn that's sad. I always liked that Luke surpassed him and became the greatest and strongest Jedi the order always produced.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Yoda confirmed strongest Jedi in the movies I guess. Damn that's sad. I always liked that Luke surpassed him and became the greatest and strongest Jedi the order always produced.

Which seems like a logical story progression given who his dad was...but guess not..then again we haven't really seen Luke in a more brighter or younger light than what TFA is showing, though still I would expect him to be quite powerful regardless.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 02:54 AM
Rebel95

Hoping this is all just a misdirect and Luke does some crazy badass sh!t at the end of the movie

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 04:15 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote