KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Expectations for TLJ (NO SPOILERS)

How good will The Last Jedi be?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
It will be amazing. 2 11.11%
It will be good. 5 27.78%
It will be decent. 5 27.78%
It will be below average. 1 5.56%
It will be bad. 0 0%
It will be terrible. 5 27.78%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Expectations for TLJ (NO SPOILERS)
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Expectations for TLJ (NO SPOILERS)

Vote in the poll and discuss things you hope do and don't happen.

No spoilers from ANY leaks or trailers (besides the main teaser and main trailer).

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 04:08 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

My expectations have leveled it for me to be decent, not really expecting it to be anything more or anything less. It could turn out to be either or, but with the way the other aspects of the New Canon are going for a reference, decent is where I'm at. Decent though probably means something different for me than for everyone else.

TFA was the same way.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Dec 7th, 2017 at 04:19 PM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

I hope that Luke will be awesome, and that Rey get's more character depth. I also hope that we get hints about Snoke's identity, but nothing more.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 04:25 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm going in with no expectations. The trailer is hype, I love Luke, curious where they take Kylo, and it's a Star Wars movie... at the same time I also have quite a reason to be cynical.

I'm not gonna overshoot and be disappointed, I'm not gonna ***** and moan before I see it. I'm gonna go in and see what happens.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

I think it'll be different

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 06:00 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

I went for the optimistic choice. Hoping it'll at least be decent.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 06:44 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

I don't think it's gonna be amazing, but I think it will be pretty good. Hopefully there will be some good action scenes, more character development, and a unique story.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 07:26 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Won't look into the other threads which could contain possible spoilers. I expect a great film and cannot wait to see more Snoke. He's a great character and the true badass not Sheev. I'm sure by now Sheevites know he's not the top dog and can enjoy their remaining time before reality caves in from all sides.

Ps. Once I see the film I'm coming for every single Sheevite provided this film gives us enough Snoke on screen. It's already obvious Disney is going bigger and badder in all phases but once the evidence is there I'm going to be nauseating and relentless.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 08:33 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I optimistically voted "below average". Snoke, Luke, and Phasma are the only real reason I'm even remotely interested. I'm fully prepared for the SJW agenda wanking. I expect this to be better than TFA, but worse than Rogue One. I could be wrong. Let's see.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 08:36 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I am very curious to see who tries to jump onto the Snoke train I started at the onset. Only poster I can remember saying they liked him off hand in a serious way was unbowed. I expect certain frontrunners to blindly jump in. Can't wait to throw them off.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 10:48 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Eh low. They tried so hard in the last film to bring back the status quo of the original trilogy (New Republic, SUPERLASERD, New Jedi Order, KYLOREND, New Republic Fleet, THE WHOLE INTERGALACTIC PEACEKEEPING FLEET WAS APPARENTLY CLUSTERED IN ONE SYSTEM) that it makes the high stakes unbelievable and unearned. It also paints the original heroes as massive failures. So if they continue at this rate I don't have high hopes.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 02:11 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

I hope it's better than the last DBS episode, at least.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 04:38 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

It's utter shit. Luke fans will be particularly pissed. The only words that can be used to describe this movie are "character assassination".

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
I am very curious to see who tries to jump onto the Snoke train I started at the onset. Only poster I can remember saying they liked him off hand in a serious way was unbowed. I expect certain frontrunners to blindly jump in. Can't wait to throw them off.

Snoke [SPOILER - highlight to read]: was killed by Kylo Ren, while talking shit about how Kylo wouldn't dare betray him.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 05:05 PM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

good stand alone movie, will continue to fck up the saga as a whole though

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

IT SUCKED

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 06:33 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I haven't watched it yet, but I have a very good feeling that Quanchi is going to be on suicide watch...

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 06:38 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Nah, he'll still try to argue Snoke > Sheev the same way he thinks Maul > Vader even though all evidence points to the contrary laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 07:01 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

It will be bad.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 07:34 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
Nah, he'll still try to argue Snoke > Sheev the same way he thinks Maul > Vader even though all evidence points to the contrary laughing out loud
Snoke not being a Sith isn’t that surprising, but Serkis saying that his character is more powerful than the original trilogy’s titular villains certainly is unexpected. But considering that Abrams and co. chose to one-up the Death Star with their star-harvesting Starkiller Base in The Force Awakens, it shouldn’t be too shocking to see the dark side also becoming more powerful and ominous in the sequel trilogy.

You already tried to misrepresent what his meant because you have Trump comprehension abilities.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 06:18 AM