KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Luke is pathetic

Luke is pathetic
Started by: Lord Stark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Luke is pathetic

My God looking at all this Last Jedi stuff with Luke is just disheartening. One can almost hear Palpatine cackling at Yoda in the netherworld of the force "Hahaha, Master Yoda, now your failure is complete."

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 02:00 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

The movie highlights the fact that middle-aged white men in America have the highest depression/suicide rate. That is what Luke has become. Out of his prime, exiled on an island with a feminazi new arrival.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 02:12 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
The movie highlights the fact that middle-aged white men in America have the highest depression/suicide rate. That is what Luke has become. Out of his prime, exiled on an island with a feminazi new arrival.

(please log in to view the image)

"Where are your friends now Luke? I told you your faith in your friends was yours"
"Hey Yoda, look at the last Jedi now"

But anyway I don't care about the feminism stuff. I do care that the main characters have been reduced to complete and total failures.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 02:30 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's the doings of the New World Order

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 02:39 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Lord Stark

"Where are your friends now Luke? I told you your faith in your friends was yours"

Lmao Sheev was right all along.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 03:28 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

"Hey Yoda, look at the last Jedi now"

But anyway I don't care about the feminism stuff. I do care that the main characters have been reduced to complete and total failures.

Who is going to teach the older generation if not the newer, my dude? Get with the times. All the old people need to die for #progress to happen. Just like the Jedi.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 03:51 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Re: Luke is pathetic

My God looking at all this Last Jedi stuff with Luke is just disheartening. One can almost hear Palpatine cackling at Yoda in the netherworld of the force "Hahaha, Master Yoda, now your failure is complete."

Luke Survives Episode 8...

GUARANTEED!!!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 04:55 AM
Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Luke the cuck!

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 03:10 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I'm genuinely upset we never get to see Luke surpass Yoda and rebuild the NJO.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 07:36 PM
Psychotron

I'm genuinely upset we never get to see Luke fight anyone for real.

I knew they'd have Rey take his place because of muh stonk womyn, but I thought they'd at least send him off properly. Him and Snoke were monumental wastes.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 07:51 PM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Originally posted by Psychotron

I knew they'd have Rey take his place because of muh stonk womyn, but I thought they'd at least send him off properly. Him and Snoke were monumental wastes.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 08:41 PM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

I'm genuinely upset they gutted Luke's character in favor of the garbage representation we saw in the movie.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 08:47 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Leaving Luke aside, it would probably have helped, had I actually cared for Rey or any of the other idiots there. As it stands, I actually care more for Kanan and I haven't watched a full episode of Rebels yet( Twin Suns included).

Snoke, being the exception, but of course he had to go.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 08:51 PM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Hmm. I really enjoyed Rey this time around. Her character may be relatively simple, but she worked great when paired with Kylo.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 09:01 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Nah he was ok

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 09:17 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by ares834
Hmm. I really enjoyed Rey this time around. Her character may be relatively simple, but she worked great when paired with Kylo.

I was fine with Rey as well. I think its cool that the Force kind of vomited out a pseudo-Chosen-One to combat the rising darkness. Also a call out to Legends where champions of the light (Revan, HoT, ect.) would rise to face the new Sith threat.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 09:18 PM
LordOfTheLight

I was fine with Rey as well. I think its cool that the Force kind of vomited out a pseudo-Chosen-One to combat the rising darkness. Also a call out to Legends where champions of the light (Revan, HoT, ect.) would rise to face the new Sith threat.

What's not cool is that we've seen the same things done over and over again. The whole "Champion of Light/Chosen One" thing has been done twice with Anakin and Luke in the previous two trilogies itself.

Also, if you are going to make a true "Champion of Light", then at least give him/her some extremely solid personality and gravitas. Something like Superman, perhaps( a SW version of the same).

SW doesn't have that. SW protagonists( the CoL's or Jedi concerned in general) pretty much are either too weak to combat and defeat the Sith/dark siders, or fall to the dark side and become the Sith. In the rare case that they do defeat the "embodiment of the dark side", it is usually PIS/villain being weakened/hero being amped. The only exception that comes to mind, is GM Luke who did command the necessary personality and aura. And even he wasn't perfect. Not by a long shot.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 10:12 PM
Haschwalth

Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
What's not cool is that we've seen the same things done over and over again. The whole "Champion of Light/Chosen One" thing has been done twice with Anakin and Luke in the previous two trilogies itself.

Also, if you are going to make a true "Champion of Light", then at least give him/her some extremely solid personality and gravitas. Something like Superman, perhaps( a SW version of the same).

SW doesn't have that. SW protagonists( the CoL's or Jedi concerned in general) pretty much are either too weak to combat and defeat the Sith/dark siders, or fall to the dark side and become the Sith. In the rare case that they do defeat the "embodiment of the dark side", it is usually PIS/villain being weakened/hero being amped. The only exception that comes to mind, is GM Luke who did command the necessary personality and aura. And even he wasn't perfect. Not by a long shot.

Revan/Meetra were originally the embodiment of that.
But then SWTOR happened.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 12:17 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by LordOfTheLight

No thank you. Most versions of Superman are terrible characters with even less characterization than Rey. Superman-Rey would make her unbearable.

quote:

Yeah that makes sense structurally. The Light Side isn't meant to match the Dark in raw combat. HoT and Grand Master Luke do confront the darkside and with though. Revan does as well if we just think of the context of KOTOR.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 03:59 AM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Originally posted by Psychotron

You could say all the Star Wars characters are wastes. What do any of the. matter anyways? It's just a movie after all.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 07:14 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote