KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Sidious created Anakin Skywalker

Darth Sidious created Anakin Skywalker
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Darth Sidious created Anakin Skywalker

Don't movie scripts take presidence over anything C-canon?

https://youtu.be/y3cNmV0jPNY

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 01:20 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I didn't watch the video, but I know what you're referring to.

Making of ROTS says Lucas removed it because it would seem too unbelievable, IIRC. If it's no longer Lucas' opinion, then it wouldn't override C-Canon, and given Lucas worked on the DP novel, it's likely not.

However, I do recall Ian discussing how Anakin's birth is more like the anti-Christ than the Christ and that Palpatine was directly involved, at the last convention, so maybe.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 19th, 2018 at 01:27 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If indeed Palpatine was responsible for Anakin's creation, do you reckon it was intentional or unintentional?

I mean, of course his goal would have been creating life via midichlorian manipulation, but do you think he would've been purposefully trying to create *the* most powerful/force-sensitive being the galaxy had ever known, or was that bit just a cosmic fluke?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 19th, 2018 at 01:46 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 01:40 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
If indeed Palpatine was responsible for Anakin's creation, do you reckon it was intentional or unintentional?

I mean, of course his goal would have been creating life via midichlorian manipulation, but do you think he would've been purposefully trying to create *the* most powerful/force-sensitive being the galaxy had ever known, or was that bit just a cosmic fluke?

I was going to ask you that, actually. I haven’t been keeping up with New canon for a while, but old canon had a bipolar Palpatine when it came to succession. The best explanation is that TCW Sidious wanted to be a Sith, where the Emperor wished to be the Sith, so to speak, when thinking about the Rule of Two.

What’s canon Palpatine been like in this regard?

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 02:33 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Up to RotS, the implication is that Palpatine intended for Anakin/Vader to succeed him: "Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us!"

After Vader's failure on Mustafar, however, Palpatine abandoned the thought of a successor, and started lusting after the sort of ultimate power/omnipotence that would allow him to become the immortal God of the entire SW universe. This is confirmed in the Tarkin novelization and Rebels respectively.

So canonically speaking, Palpatine also strove to be *the* Sith.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 19th, 2018 at 12:08 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 12:03 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Up to RotS, the implication is that Palpatine intended for Anakin/Vader to succeed him: "Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us!"

I do believe that he was lying to Anakin just to get him on his side.

Do you have evidence for your claim?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 01:06 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Eh, the movie..? When he's fighting Yoda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDa7P_mRlr0&t=1m40s

Will that evidence work for you?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 01:44 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

That's not what I meant, but okay then.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 02:10 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Then what were you talking about when you quoted that specific portion of my post and asked for evidence..? Because that is obviously what I was talking about. confused

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 03:21 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Sidious saying Vader will soon (although likely already did, going by Legends at least) surpass him doesn't necessarily mean he hopes Vader will succeed him, as Lucas states Sidious' plan is to have a dynasty of all-powerful Skywalker bodyguards.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 19th, 2018 at 03:26 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 03:23 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Doesn't that seem kind of unrealistic, though?

Historically speaking, once an apprentice suspects that they are more powerful than their master, it is only a matter of time until some sort of power-play for supremacy occurs. Obviously Palpatine knows this as well as anyone, but his complete trust in Anakin/Vader was also his only real Shatterpoint, so I dunno... /shrug

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 03:41 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Sidious knew Anakin would try to kill him shortly after he killed Obi-Wan. Sidious’ complete psychological hold over Anakin until ROTJ might be why he was so confident in victory.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 03:45 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Then what were you talking about when you quoted that specific portion of my post and asked for evidence..? Because that is obviously what I was talking about. confused
I was asking for evidence on why you believe Sidious meant what he said.

I didn't ask for a scene of the movie where he said it.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 03:49 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Um, because he said it, and there is no reason to believe he was bluffing(especially given Anakin's potential to actually become that powerful.)

What are you asking me?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 03:52 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Nevermind then.

If someone says something, it doesn't make it true.

For example, Flowey says a lot of things that are not true just to manipulate you.

If someone says something, you need to back it up if they have a reason to lie about it.

Do you understand?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 03:55 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Wow.

Lets try this another way: what reason do we have to suspect that Palpatine was lying there?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 03:59 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

What reason do we believe he wasn't lying there?

In the future, Palpatine never allowed Vader to surpass him.

He obviously didn't mean what he said for whatever reason.

Last edited by victreebelvictr on Sep 19th, 2018 at 04:14 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 04:01 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Jesus.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 04:02 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Oh well then.

Last try, if Sidious planned on killing of Maul and did kill off Dooku, who says that Sidious wasn't going to kill Vader before he surpassed him.

Last edited by victreebelvictr on Sep 19th, 2018 at 04:17 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 04:06 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

He didn’t kill Maul when Maul was his apprentice, and he had Dooku killed exactly because he wanted a stronger apprentice...

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 04:22 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote