KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Vader's relationship with Anakin?

Vader's relationship with Anakin?
Started by: Sheev

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sheev
The All-Sith

Vader's relationship with Anakin?

By the time of ANH had Vader dissolved all memories of his past as Anakin Skywalker, or was he still holding onto that fragment of himself on some level, maybe because of his love for Padme?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 03:10 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I don’t believe so, as said he thought she was dead.

There is the chance that he was doing it because he thought it was what she wanted, but I am not sure.

Most likely he did it because he actually believed that the Jedi were evil.

Check ROTS, battle with Obi-Won is where he stand that kind of stuff.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 03:15 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I mean, Vader still regularly recollected the memories of his past, but he [Vader] got to a point where he no longer thought of himself as ever having been Anakin Skywalker. As far as Vader was concerned, he and Anakin were two completely separate people -- he even referred to Anakin as "The Jedi"; never as himself.

Zahn confirmed this in an interview:
quote:
StarWars.com: Speaking of Anakin, Darth Vader has compartmentalized his own life, not even thinking of his past self as Anakin Skywalker, but as "The Jedi." What does this say about him?

Timothy Zahn:
Vader doesn't even think of himself as once having been Anakin Skywalker. Those memories are somebody else's.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 03:29 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Different authors have different opinions. Lucas always thought that Vader considered himself as separate from Anakin. Most authors in Legends and in Canon have gone with that idea, but some have suggested that Vader did think of and miss his old life, on occasion.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 08:24 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

I'd say both. He instinctively wished to be Anakin again but he knew that cannot be possible and had to bear the guilt in his soul of betraying his brothers in arms.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote