KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What's Everyone's Ideal Sequel Trilogy

What's Everyone's Ideal Sequel Trilogy
Started by: Zentrex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zentrex
Hi!

What's Everyone's Ideal Sequel Trilogy

Let's say it's 2014 and Bob Iger came to you and put you in charge of figuring out what to do with the Sequel Trilogy. What would be your ideal version of events?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 04:20 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Assuming I can't use the EU and had to come up with something orginal:

30 years after ROTJ, and the galaxy is in a fragile peace time. Half the Galaxy belongs to the Republic Reborn, the other half to the Galactic Empire, with Tiny sovereign star systems across the galaxy.

After the defeat at Endor, many star systems joined the RR as the Empire reeled back from such a massive blow. However, they expanded too fast too soon, the Aliiances fleet simply couldn't protect the new territory they received which left many systems under attack by Imperials and pirates. So many systems went back to the Empire or even became their own little factions (these will be important later)

The Empire on the other hand thanks to the massive power vacuum left by Palpatine, Vader, and key figures in the battle of Endor practically had a civil war with many admirals vying for the throne. Ironically, because of their infighting the RR were able to survive otherwise a combined assault from the Empire would have been a massive blow to the established RR.

This went on for nearly a decade until a new Emperor finally came into power. Unlike Palpatine he is actually a benevolent leader and he knew the Empire and RR could not continue fighting. So, he offered a treaty to the RR which still stands until episode 7.

Power-Hungry Moffs want to bring back the Empires glory days, but know that the Emperor is too loved and respected by many. However, a new group of dark siders led by a young and charismatic man secretly make contact with them, calling themselves the Empire's legion. My backstory for them is that Palpatine started a secrets Force Eugenics program. He kept around a group of men and women powerful in the Force but did not train them, and fanatically loyal to him and ordered them that if he were to die that they must produce children.

After the children are born, they were then told to kill themselves and allow a hologram of Palpatine to essentially raise them. Palpatine, being the egotistical Sith he is, felt the Sith should die with him and instead taught these dark siders other forms of dark side lore so that way a new era of dark siders can replace the Sith. Sounds convoluted but I assume the Chosen One prophecy is still in play. So no Sith, at least no real ones.

Luke Skywalker has ofc established a new Jedi Order, but unlike the PT era Jedi who established themselves on Coruscant they are more nomadic, traveling the Galaxy in search of people strong in the Force. Amongst his Jedi is his Son and Han and Leias son. These 2 are like brothers and essentially the star pupils of this order. Leia is a high ranking senator in the RR, Han is an admiral, and as for new characters I would still keep the ideas of Rey, Finn, and Poe around though Finn will be changed the most.

Finn and Rey both would be scavengers, flying across junk planets and trying to make a fortune. Poe would be an ace pilot who wants to fight in an air force.

I would go on but I'll continue more tomorrow.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 08:22 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yes there should be a New Jedi Order and a New Republic (one that isnt wiped out so damn quickly).

There should be no Resistance. The good guys should be with the Republics army. Any growing threat should basically start off as terrorists.

Luke can still go into isolation. Nothing wrong with that. But he shouldnt be moping or living in regret. He is THE Jedi, so is above that kind of behaviour.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 12:22 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

My ideal ST is one that doesn't suck. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 12:25 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Something that is not about The Force.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 12:58 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007

Mine is one that doesn’t exist. stick out tongue

Now we’re gonna have an odd number of movies and that bothers me.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 01:51 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Merchant's idea actually sounds pretty interesting. I'm impressed.

Originally posted by Galan007

You'd like something you like, or something that'd please all the fans?

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Mine is one that doesn’t exist. stick out tongue

Now we’re gonna have an odd number of movies and that bothers me.

I don't want to agree, but...yeah, I think you're right.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yes there should be a New Jedi Order and a New Republic (one that isnt wiped out so damn quickly).

There should be no Resistance. The good guys should be with the Republics army. Any growing threat should basically start off as terrorists.

Luke can still go into isolation. Nothing wrong with that. But he shouldnt be moping or living in regret. He is THE Jedi, so is above that kind of behaviour.

Why would he go into isolation, not come back when there's danger, if he's not "moping"?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 08:55 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Something that is not about The Force.

Is that a joke answer, or do you suggest a trilogy entirely about seeing what the galaxy looks like from the perspective of someone who's not connected to the Force in any way?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 08:56 AM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 09:09 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Zentrex
Is that a joke answer, or do you suggest a trilogy entirely about seeing what the galaxy looks like from the perspective of someone who's not connected to the Force in any way?

smile

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 09:46 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

They could have picked from a million good stories from the EU.

Thrawn trilogy, Star Wars legacy, Darth bane, Revan, etc

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 10:54 AM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12

They can't exactly have Bane or a Revan story if its supposed to be a sequel

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 04:58 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Zentrex

I don't want to agree, but...yeah, I think you're right.

I DON'T WANT AN ODD NUMBER!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 06:51 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
They can't exactly have Bane or a Revan story if its supposed to be a sequel

Still, dark empire, the one where Luke’s nephew is evil, the vong.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 03:35 AM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12

I'm glad you like the EU, but let's say it didn't exist. What would be the perfect way you see things rolling out? Or do you think the EU did it perfectly, and can't be improved upon?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 07:11 AM