KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Plo Koon is one of the only Jedi to have beaten Yoda

Plo Koon is one of the only Jedi to have beaten Yoda
Started by: Underachiever59

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Underachiever59

Plo Koon is one of the only Jedi to have beaten Yoda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBmkz_mU_xU

At about 52 seconds into the video, Anakin says that he has heard Plo Koon is one of the only Jedi to have beaten Yoda. Incidentally, in this same video we learn that Plo Koon supported Obi-Wan's decision to train Anakin, and without that support, Anakin still would not have been accepted into the Jedi order. This game is a gold mine of fun little lore drops.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 04:34 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Yoda must have been giving his 1% that day based on how he tools Plo and two other Jedi Masters in-text.

Still, cool.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 04:37 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The game also says Kenobi once beat Mace in a sparring session. which may be a reference to the Obi-Wan video game.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 04:40 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jaggarath
Yoda must have been giving his 1% that day based on how he tools Plo and two other Jedi Masters in-text.

Still, cool.

I'd just chalk it up to the fact that lightsaber duels (and combat in general) is unpredictable and any result is possible. Maybe Plo Koon just got really lucky, or maybe Yoda made a small mistake that Plo Koon capitalized on. Either way, it's a great feat for Plo Koon.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 04:44 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

So no mention of who Anakin heard this from? Just rumours around the Temple? Cool, Plo's still trash.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 04:46 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

Another fun lore drop. Mace Windu admits that Anakin's skills rival his own:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRG...Qeun0O3Lm97A8xl

2:58

(Granted, I'm sure most people already have this viewpoint, but it's neat to have Mace Windu say it himself)

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 04:47 AM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

As if sparring matches are something we take as serious showings. If this is what you're going with, we then have to wonder why he didn't just speedblitz Ventress. Or is she able to keep up with Yoda too?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 04:48 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meatpants

Sidious gained his skill mostly through sparring i.e. one of the strongest duelists in the entire mythos. As did pretty much all the of the best swordsmen in the order. As ridiculous as it sounds, sparring is basically just as effective as live combat in the Star Wars Universe it seems.

They'd be serious enough really. Anyway, I wouldn't consider this stuff canon or legit. And as it's already been pointed out, there's always a chance to get lucky when you're on that level.

Last edited by Meatpants on Nov 25th, 2018 at 04:57 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 04:52 AM
Click here to Send Meatpants a Private Message Find more posts by Meatpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Plo isn't Sidious though... If we're talking skill, then fine. But that shouldn't matter when Yoda's infinitely faster and stronger than Koon ever could be.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 04:56 AM
Meatpants

Yeah, as I said it doesn't even make sense, the difference between Plo and Yoda would be exponential almost, and this shouldn't be considered legit.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 04:58 AM
Click here to Send Meatpants a Private Message Find more posts by Meatpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I don't doubt that it could've happened, but we just don't know the specifics. In contrast, Dooku and Mace contending with Yoda in spars should be seen as legitimate, since he never jobbed against the Count as a Padawan and I don't see why this wouldn't continue on through adulthood. Mace's rough equality to Dooku at this time should mean his circumstances are similar also.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 05:03 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Wasn't Plo one of the three Jedi that got humiliated by an unarmed Yoda in a demonstration?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 05:31 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

With Depa and Tiin, yeah.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 05:40 AM
Meatpants

I mean, if Plo Koon was with Windu when he confronted Palpatine instead of one of the others, I doubt he'd last much longer than Kit Fisto. Sidious and Yoda are basically at parity with their lightsaber skills, meaning that Yoda must have been going easy on Plo or got really lucky, if that actually happened.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 05:48 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Wasn't Plo one of the three Jedi that got humiliated by an unarmed Yoda in a demonstration?

That was pre-TCW EU though. This is based on TCW.

But then so was Sith Hunters where Savage beats him.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 12:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Savage is Yoda tier now, Maul = God tier confirmed.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 12:22 PM
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

Originally posted by Underachiever59
Another fun lore drop. Mace Windu admits that Anakin's skills rival his own:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRG...Qeun0O3Lm97A8xl

2:58

(Granted, I'm sure most people already have this viewpoint, but it's neat to have Mace Windu say it himself)
Its 2:48.

This source is funny.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 12:30 PM
Click here to Send BestDebaterEver a Private Message Find more posts by BestDebaterEver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

it says one of... So there's obviously more. Also, it's what Anakin heard, from God knows who. We've also been told Anoon Bondara is an unparalleled/unequaled duelist in the Order and whatnot.

Doesn't mean it actually happened.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 05:56 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Meatpants
I mean, if Plo Koon was with Windu when he confronted Palpatine instead of one of the others, I doubt he'd last much longer than Kit Fisto. Sidious and Yoda are basically at parity with their lightsaber skills, meaning that Yoda must have been going easy on Plo or got really lucky, if that actually happened.

Sidious is a tier below Mace or Yoda, considering both disarmed him inside of a minute. Extra lulz for Mace doing it with a predictable front kick. Hell, I find it hard to consider his wins against Kit Fisto and co. legit because they did nothing for 4-5 seconds while M. Bison bumrushed them. Nick Gilliard must have learned fight choreography from Power Rangers.

As for Plo Koon, it's extremely unlikely that he won a straight up fight with Yoda, even on a bad day. Might be more like tagged him in one sparring match out of fifty, for all we know. Given enough time, even monkeys smashing typewriters can sling out EU content. God knows some of it reads that way.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2018 07:06 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote