KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » KOTOR Movie In The Works

KOTOR Movie In The Works
Started by: Lucius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lucius
Unknown

KOTOR Movie In The Works

Jesus Christ, this is my first new thread in literally almost a decade, but hey KOTOR brought me to these forums and I didn't see an existing thread. I'm not even sure if this subforum is correct.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...he-old-republic

Does this count as a video game movie? I feel like it will be terrible. Of course, who knows, it's Buzzfeed, maybe this all a load of BS. I feel like Disney would do it though. KOTOR is a popular game with name recognition.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 07:48 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I can’t get excited for SW movies anymore. It was fine for just 6 and the rest of it being novels/books, comics and games.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 08:37 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Strange if this is separate then what are Benioff and Weiss working on?

Was sure theyd be having a crack at KOTOR.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I can’t get excited for SW movies anymore. It was fine for just 6 and the rest of it being novels/books, comics and games.

I was happy with my TCW fix every week. On top of the 6 films of course.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 12:07 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Old Post May 24th, 2019 12:09 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Strange if this is separate then what are Benioff and Weiss working on?

Was sure theyd be having a crack at KOTOR.
Yes, it's separate.

This is being written/developed by Laeta Kalogridis.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 24th, 2019 03:17 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Re: KOTOR Movie In The Works

Originally posted by Lucius
Jesus Christ, this is my first new thread in literally almost a decade, but hey KOTOR brought me to these forums and I didn't see an existing thread. I'm not even sure if this subforum is correct.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...he-old-republic

Does this count as a video game movie? I feel like it will be terrible. Of course, who knows, it's Buzzfeed, maybe this all a load of BS. I feel like Disney would do it though. KOTOR is a popular game with name recognition.

Congratulations on your new thread - been a while since I saw you post one.

But yeah, it's going to be sad to see Disney drag KotoR through a ditch filled with shit.

If everyone can boycott Disney Star Wars, we can save KotoR, though.

But if people are okay with Bastilla being a gender-fluid tranny in a wig, and Revan being played by Yadira Guevara-Prip...

Yadira Guevara-Prip is the alien chick eating ice-cream who won't shut up. ^

And yeah - Disney will probably cast Mary Wiseman (Tilly the fat redhead) as Carth Onasi.

This is literally going to be KotoR, if we don't boycott Disney - take a good look and decide if that's what you want your money to go into.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 06:54 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

People with brains are going to be vomiting in the theaters..

Old Post May 24th, 2019 06:55 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

So they are actually going to do it. Unfortunately, it will likely be awful so I'll keep my expectations in check.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 07:24 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Aw you guys... Give Disney a chance.. I mean they are actually trying something that doesnt have Stormtroopers or Star Destroyers... And actually has Jedi and Sith... At long last.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 08:12 PM
CaveDude33211

Aw you guys... Give Disney a chance.. I mean they are actually trying something that doesnt have Stormtroopers or Star Destroyers... And actually has Jedi and Sith... At long last.

That means more Reys and Kylo Rens - no thanks.

We all know Disney can't write for shit and has lots of trouble following and understanding the concept of Canon.

It'll just be more liberal SJW-bullshit and plot-holes galore.

KotoR deserves better.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 08:29 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by CaveDude33211
That means more Reys and Kylo Rens - no thanks.

Well the point of adapting KOTOR is they dont need to stress their brains too much coming up with new characters. The characters and basic plot is already set up for them.

Old Post May 25th, 2019 01:44 AM
Zenwolf

Looking back on TCW it feels too clean for my tastes if that makes sense, apart from a few instances. Not saying I’m expecting gritty stuff from SW. But yeah I forgot to mention the TV shows. But really the bulk was more on the other stuff and that was fine for me.

Last edited by Zenwolf on May 25th, 2019 at 02:46 AM

Old Post May 25th, 2019 02:41 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: KOTOR Movie In The Works

Originally posted by Lucius
Jesus Christ, this is my first new thread in literally almost a decade
Whatabout the one in 2015 about the Paris Climate Talks?

Yeah...

This one should be turned to into a single, season-long show. That'd give it room to cover most of the game's story and characters and flesh it all out a bit. A movie will feel rushed and underdeveloped, and thus really bad. Like every video-game-turned-movie.

Last edited by Lord Lucien on May 25th, 2019 at 02:48 AM

Old Post May 25th, 2019 02:42 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Thats a good point. Could make it a GOT type series if done right.

But thats not what theyre doing. So will probably end up more like Mortal Kombat [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Hey I actually loved MK1

Old Post May 25th, 2019 03:19 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I'm intrigued.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 25th, 2019 05:02 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

Why not TotJ first? It's the first installment of the era and Exar Kun was a great villain.

Old Post May 25th, 2019 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

hey, anything lacking in deathstars and skywalkers has my attention

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 25th, 2019 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
hey, anything lacking in deathstars and skywalkers has my attention

thumb up

And Stormtroopers and X-Wings... And Rebellions and Empires.

Lets just move on now.

Old Post May 25th, 2019 09:48 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A KotOR movie could actually be really good if done right. The basic plot is pretty awesome, tbh.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 25th, 2019 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I was too lazy to read the article, but did it mention if this movie is CGI or live action? I really hope they use the same ugly CGI they used for the Clone Wars and Rebels show.

Old Post May 26th, 2019 12:33 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote