KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Sidious power growth over time

Sidious power growth over time
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xPRIMEx

Sidious power growth over time

Is there any evidence to support Sidious' power growth over time? Specifically between ROTS and ROTJ, and between ROTJ and TROS

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 05:59 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

well RTOJ to ROS is apparent because he wasn't a fleet killer previously

ROTS to ROTJ is a bit more difficult to pin down but I believe there's some allusions to it in the novels and comics; don't ask me specifics but its out there

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 06:04 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by relentless1
well RTOJ to ROS is apparent because he wasn't a fleet killer previously

ROTS to ROTJ is a bit more difficult to pin down but I believe there's some allusions to it in the novels and comics; don't ask me specifics but its out there

Of course, that was because he was amped by Rey and Kylo's power though.

Was him calling on the power of all the sith implied to be a new power? The novelization states that he called on the power of all the sith when he draws Kylo and Rey's power from them. I'm just trying to figure out if he's always had that power, if it's because he holds the spirits of all the sith, or if it's because he is on Exegol (a possible dark side nexus)

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 06:24 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Found this in the novel:
"Kill me and my spirit will pass into you. As all the Sith live in me. You will be empress. We will be one."
So that answers that. Sidious is literally all the sith.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 08:00 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't think there are any statements in canon which explicitly state that Palpatine's power had grown in the time between RotS and RotJ... But given the fact that he had an abundance of knowledge that he was hoarding/studying over this time, we can logically infer that RotJ Palpatine > RotS Palpatine.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 08:20 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote