KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series

Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series

Details are scarce atm, but what we do know is this:

-Ewan McGregor returning to play Obi-Wan (obviously).
-Set 10 years after Revenge of the Sith.
-Series will be directed by Deborah Chow, who previously worked on The Mandalorian.
-Hayden Christensen has signed on again, but to my surprise (and possible disappointment) they state that he's playing Vader, as opposed to Anakin.
-Ewan McGregor said previously that shooting would start in March 2021, but who knows if Covid will push that back. If it doesn't, the plan is to release in 2022.

There were rumours a while back that the show would have McGregor, Christensen and Temuera Morrison, and would have a bunch of flashbacks to the Clone Wars. Instead, with Hayden being Vader and Kathleen Kennedy explicitly using the word "rematch", who knows what kind of ****ery we're gonna see. Still, fingers crossed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 05:12 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Ya that's what I'm curious about. Kennedy said it will be the "rematch of the century". So does that mean Vader and Obi-wan are going to fight in this? confused

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 05:19 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

They are definitely fighting. That statement outright confirms it. Honestly I knew Disney wouldnt be able to resist that.

Im sure Hayden will be used for flashbacks as well, rather than the odd image where we see Vaders deformed face under the mask.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 05:21 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If they actually fight one another in this show, it would cheapen their confrontation in ANH tremendously for me. Moreover, Vader's dialogue(ie. "When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the Master") becomes completely nonsensical. It would also retcon other canon supplementary material(like From A Certain POV and various guidebooks), which state that Vader and Kenobi only fought twice: during RotS and during ANH. So hopefully the "rematch of the century" blurb is just a red herring to help hype the show, and not literal.

Or perhaps the "rematch" could refer to Kenobi/Vader engaging in a battle of wits from afar, and/or some sort of 'meta' confrontation(ie. through visions in the Force)... Which I'd be a lot more comfortable with.

This is only supposed to be a 6 episode limited series, so hopefully it won't be centered entirely around the Kenobi/Vader dynamic(I'd like something new), but we'll see. Hell, it would actually be a good time to introduce live action Inquisitors, or a live action Thrawn, or even someone entirely new(like A'Sharad Hett, for example.) /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 21st, 2020 at 05:35 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 05:27 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Vader fighting Obi-Wan would be terrible. But it's the exact kinda garbage that I'd expect from Disney.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 05:30 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007

Or perhaps the "rematch" could refer to Kenobi/Vader engaging in a battle of wits from afar, and/or some sort of 'meta' confrontation... Which I'd be a lot more comfortable with.

Ha! Doubt that would qualify as “Rematch of the CENTURY”

Its happening guys. And should have been expected the moment they confirmed an Obi-Wan series.

I always said should have done a Vos series instead. He can fight whoever da Fuk he wants without contradicting a damn thing.

Plus his underworld connections could easily make some quality storytelling.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 05:37 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I wouldn't be surprised. I'd just be... Disappointed.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 05:46 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I wouldn't be surprised. I'd just be... Disappointed.

Yeah, exactly.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 05:51 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bentley
I hope Kenobi decapitates Vader since that's how much we are respecting canon

laughing

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 09:16 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

If it's set after ROTS, then I'm not surprised he's playing Vader and not Anakin, he'd ceased to be Anakin at that point.

I think a straight fight between OB1 and Vader would be disrespectful to the fanbase, a TK battle along the lines of Gandalf Vs Saruman in Fellowship could be okay I guess. Or the two of them could be separated by one of those red electrical barrier things (like Kenobi Vs Maul in TPM) and they wind up tearing the ship they are both on apart meaning they both have to flee.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2021 06:52 PM
Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

"Set 10 years after Revenge of the Sith."

That will work with the aging, especially with Ewan's natural youthful appearance.

I agree with everyone who said they should not have Obi and Vader facing off. Would take a massive dump on continuity of eps 1-6. Have Vader in this though.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2021 07:39 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm indifferent to this show, we shall see.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2021 09:50 PM
Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Robtard
"Set 10 years after Revenge of the Sith."

That will work with the aging, especially with Ewan's natural youthful appearance.

I agree with everyone who said they should not have Obi and Vader facing off. Would take a massive dump on continuity of eps 1-6. Have Vader in this though.

Someone brought up the idea of a telepathic fight. Kind of like fighting in the Astral Plane. That could actually explain bringing Hayden back. I mean its not like they need Hayden in the suit.

But in all probability I doubt Disney will resist a full on Kenobi vs Vader rematch.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2021 10:15 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

hopefully the series explains why he didnt just kill anakin when he had the chance

u dont leave f*cking evil space jesus alive and just assume his injuries will eventually kill him.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2021 10:20 PM
Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Surtur
hopefully the series explains why he didnt just kill anakin when he had the chance

u dont leave f*cking evil space jesus alive and just assume his injuries will eventually kill him.

Dont think Jedi are supposed to attack defenceless opponents. Hence why Anakin knew he should not have killed Dooku.

That said, leaving him to burn was pretty sadistic.

Originally posted by Surtur
I'm indifferent to this show, we shall see.

Theres honestly no need for it.

I appreciate giving the prequels some love now, but I feel like Disney is still missing the point of what fans want.

New stuff. But without f***ing up the old stuff.

For this time period a Quinlan Vos show would have been perfect IMO.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Feb 5th, 2021 at 12:00 AM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2021 11:55 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I always had the impression that Obi-Wan thought Anakin was gonna die anyway. He'd cut him to pieces, and left him on the bank of a river of lava. That, and it's easy to do something in the heat of the moment. Walking over and just stabbing him in the head would have been pretty macabre imo.

Not that it was a good decision, mind you. Just saying I think it's understandable.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Feb 5th, 2021 at 05:42 AM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2021 05:37 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Dont think Jedi are supposed to attack defenceless opponents. Hence why Anakin knew he should not have killed Dooku.

That said, leaving him to burn was pretty sadistic.

Theres honestly no need for it.

I appreciate giving the prequels some love now, but I feel like Disney is still missing the point of what fans want.

New stuff. But without f***ing up the old stuff.

For this time period a Quinlan Vos show would have been perfect IMO.

Jedi are also supposed to show compassion. He could have ended his suffering or tried to help him.

I want a show set during the old republic. Show Revan or Exar Kun.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2021 03:42 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

In Legends, it was implied that Kenobi didn't finish the job because he sensed Palpatine's imminent arrival on Mustafar, and basically had to flee asap.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2021 04:01 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Someone brought up the idea of a telepathic fight. Kind of like fighting in the Astral Plane. That could actually explain bringing Hayden back. I mean its not like they need Hayden in the suit.

But in all probability I doubt Disney will resist a full on Kenobi vs Vader rematch.

Yeah, not sure I'd want that either.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2021 05:20 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

In Legends, it was implied that Kenobi didn't finish the job because he sensed Palpatine's imminent arrival on Mustafar, and basically had to flee asap.

Sounds like a "but Greedo shot first!" after the fact, as it's understandable that Obi still loved Anakin and couldn't finish the job, but it was also outright cruel to leave him to a slow burning death.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2021 05:23 PM