KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Regarding Obi-Wan Kenobi and Sidious (See details)

Regarding Obi-Wan Kenobi and Sidious (See details)
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Regarding Obi-Wan Kenobi and Sidious (See details)

In the star wars series (Canon) Obi Wan is seen as a pretty good and decent fighter ie the best defence etc did Sidious ever see or sense him as a threat in any way: and if so what does canon say about this?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 10:25 PM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

No. Dooku ragdolls Kenobi he's not that great at all.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 06:34 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scizard

Dooku ragdolled him one time. Which was a great feat for Dooku.

But This is a guy whose proven himself better than Maul, and has beaten DS Anakin, and held his own against Vader at least once (bound to be twice soon).

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 12:49 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ozz81
In the star wars series (Canon) Obi Wan is seen as a pretty good and decent fighter ie the best defence etc did Sidious ever see or sense him as a threat in any way: and if so what does canon say about this?
"To fight this Lord Sidious, strong enough you are not."

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 12:57 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well yeah hed obviously get ragdolled by Sidious. But then so would Dooku tbh.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 01:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Dooku ragdolled him one time. Which was a great feat for Dooku.

But This is a guy whose proven himself better than Maul, and has beaten DS Anakin, and held his own against Vader at least once (bound to be twice soon).

Doesn't change my point

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 02:22 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Yep.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 02:42 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Doesn't change my point

You're point is shit. Kenobi is great. Just not Sidious level.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 05:58 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

thumb up

And ABC logic is flawed for great many reasons, anyway.

(bound to be twice soon).

?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 06:59 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

?

Hes going to battle Vader in the Kenobi series.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 09:20 PM
Scizard

Depends on what you view as great

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 09:55 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Hes going to battle Vader in the Kenobi series.

Ah.

100% confirmed?

Not sure how I feel about this...

The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master.

Same problem with the My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count line.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 10:28 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ah.

100% confirmed?

Not sure how I feel about this...

The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master.

Same problem with the My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count line.

Well KK said about Hayden coming back that it will be the rematch of the century. So yeah id say thats pretty much confirmed.

We all have an issue with it, and yeah based on that dialogue. But honestly I always knew thats where they were gonna go with an Obi-Wan film or show.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 02:30 PM
Darthadi

I doubt they will cast Hayden only to have him fight in a suit. I think we will see Hayden without the suit actually fight Ewan in some sort of vision similar to Yoda vs Sidious in TCW.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 02:53 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Darthadi
I doubt they will cast Hayden only to have him fight in a suit. I think we will see Hayden without the suit actually fight Ewan in some sort of vision similar to Yoda vs Sidious in TCW.

Dont think that would qualify as Rematch of the Century.

As for bringing Hayden back, could have his mask smashed like against Ahsoka, plus could use him for Clone Wars flashbacks.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 03:53 PM
Darthadi

I think they want a high energy fight like in ROTS. Vader in his suit doesn't fight that way.
I think even in a vision, it would still qualifiy as the rematch of the century and it would not ruin their ANH fight.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 04:05 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Darthadi

I think even in a vision, it would still qualifiy as the rematch of the century

That would definitely be overselling it.

A more fitting description would then be “There will be another encounter between the two”

But yeah I agree it would be better that way in terms of canonicity. Just doubt thats what they meant by rematch of the century. And I doubt Disney will resist the urge for a full on rematch.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 04:26 PM
ozz81

Awesome reckon also Maul will be in the Kenobi show as well hence another rematch between them ?
I read somewhere there will be a rematch between them either in the maul show , or Kenobi show.. but not sure sure

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 11:11 PM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ozz81
Awesome reckon also Maul will be in the Kenobi show as well hence another rematch between them ?
I read somewhere there will be a rematch between them either in the maul show , or Kenobi show.. but not sure sure

There is no Maul show coming as far as im aware.

And would be the same canonicity issue. Only Disney cant resist using Vader, but they probably can resist using Maul.

Besides they should mix things up. Is there no other Jedi for Maul to fight? Isnt Vos still out there? Jeez.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 10:43 AM
ozz81

^^ Yeah true that it will be awesome if they showed Vos sometime and other jedi etc even ja ja Binx ..

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 09:58 PM