KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Well... Durge is canon now

Well... Durge is canon now
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well... Durge is canon now

Figured it was only a matter of time...

(please log in to view the image)
quote:
STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #11 on sale June 30

-DOCTOR APHRA and SANA STARROS discover an eerie abandoned ship while on a new mission from DOMINA TAGGE.
-But on board they will come face-to-face with a nightmarish horror not seen in the galaxy for untold eons.
-And then there's... THE FEARSOME BOUNTY HUNTER DURGE!

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2021 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

So in canon Durge wasnt active in clone wars. Still Im waiting for him doing some cool things like he did in legends

Old Post Mar 20th, 2021 06:34 PM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I’m not sure about this..... but I guess we’ll see..

Old Post Mar 20th, 2021 09:41 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Out of all comics, he needs to make his first appearance in Doctor Aphra?

I thought you said that book was cancer, Galan?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2021 11:22 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Aphra series is pure filth... And that's exactly what worries me about Durge popping up there.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2021 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
The Aphra series is pure filth... And that's exactly what worries me about Durge popping up there.
I'm more concerned with the fact that Disney is turning their attention back to the EU at all. I don't even want to think about how badly they'll humiliate certain characters in order to make an "original, fun, new story with meaningful new characters".

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2021 11:26 PM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Indeed.

That was actually my first thought when I saw that Durge would be debuting in the Aphra series... Because it almost certainly won't go well for him. sick

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2021 01:23 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I once read a fan story written 1 or 2 years ago where a guy imagined to bring Durge into the canon universe of the Clone Wars. In this story Durge is killing Jedi mercilessly (the last victim being Voolvif Monn, lmao), so in early 21 BY the Jedi create a team specialized in infiltrating the separatist territory and neutralizing Durge. This team was led by Quinlan Vos, and the other components were: Aayla Secura, Beyghor Sahdet, Bultar Swan and three other new Jedi: a human Temple Guard who temporarily left his duty for this mission, a Bith Jedi Knight, and another alien girl weilding two sabers like Ashoka (I don’t remember her species). Also, while staying on the Temple, Tera Sinube provided them with info he gained thanks to his acquaintances in the police and secret services. Well, Durge gave them hell and only Vos, Aayla and Bultar Swan survived before they managed to throw Durge into a black hole. This is my canon Durge story (especially since Vos is also in it)

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2021 08:56 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by Galan007
Indeed.

That was actually my first thought when I saw that Durge would be debuting in the Aphra series... Because it almost certainly won't go well for him. sick
yeah, I'm hoping that it does go well for him, but I'm definitely not expecting it. If they portray him like Vader was in Fallen Order, as an unstoppable monster that spells certain doom for the main characters, then it'll be pretty good. Unfortunately though, this is Disney, particularly Doctor Aphra, and I don't expect EU characters to start getting respect now.

I guess I should just be happy that Quinlan Vos got an interesting story and just hope that they never touch Zayne Carrick or anything associated with him.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2021 07:51 PM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

He's almost certainly going to get punked but when has Durge ever not been a jobber?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 25th, 2021 01:20 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by Tzeentch
He's almost certainly going to get punked but when has Durge ever not been a jobber?
when he beat the crap out of Obi-Wan, when he killed several Jedi masters, or when he was physically punking Anakin?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2021 02:04 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

"beat the crap out of Obi-Wan".

He has never beaten Obi-Wan. And Anakin threw him into a star.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 25th, 2021 06:18 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by Tzeentch
"beat the crap out of Obi-Wan".

He has never beaten Obi-Wan. And Anakin threw him into a star.
yes, he has. Their first fight consisted of him Stomping Obi-Wan with pretty much no problem. Anakin was also getting beaten down in close combat and had to use Durge's own bombs against him.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2021 01:04 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Jun 28th, 2021 12:44 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Poor boy, let’s hope they do him justice

Old Post Jun 28th, 2021 01:23 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Durge and Grievous were absolutely monsters in the original Clone Wars cartoon. Anyone who doesn't think that clearly never watched it.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2021 01:33 PM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Seeing Durge act this way is...incredibly jarring. But I guess it’s cause he wasn’t so much a bounty hunter as more as a guy with a huge chip on his shoulder. Without that part of his character, he seems...just odd.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2021 04:09 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

Like I said earlier: he's debuting in the Aphra series... If he does anything but get shit on, I'll be surprised.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2021 11:45 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Aphra is too annoying for me to enjoy as a character but its glad to see Durge back

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 29th, 2021 07:46 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Jul 1st, 2021 02:25 AM