KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Njo EU non jedi characters?

Njo EU non jedi characters?
Started by: Volundro Ramm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

Njo EU non jedi characters?

Star Wars njo EU non jedi characters. Can you think of any? And when i mean characters i mean pretty major ones, ones that have lasted. I can think of 2 off the top of my head: Talon Karrde and Jagged Fel.

PS. I'm not talking about the all the X-wing pilot aswell. There not really major.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2002 04:41 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Danni Quee

That's all I can think of for now.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2002 05:43 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Volundro Ramm

Even she's capable of using the force. The whole point to this thread is to bring up(and i know i've said it before) that theres to many jedi in the NJO book series.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2002 06:14 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Well duh!

It's based on the whole fact that the Jedi and everyone else has to try to rid their galaxy of this new enemy.

The Jedi are the main characters for a reason.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2002 08:23 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Volundro Ramm

The only reason i can think is to bore the pants of the reader. All the new jedi characters seem to be the same characteristically apart from Kyp Durron and Corran Horn. They all act and counter act the same as Luke. I much prefer the banter between non jedi characters, its more real and more unpredictable. You said it yourself "the jedi and EVERYONE ELSE are trying to rid the galaxy of the Vong", but from were im reading there isn't anyone else BUT the jedi doing anything major about it. I suppose theres Han and Wedge, buts that about it. The Vong are undetectable in the force right? So why are the jedi the last hope?

Last edited by Volundro Ramm on Jul 11th, 2002 at 11:14 PM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2002 11:06 PM
LanceWindu

Because they are the only ones who can do the shadow missiles.

And they can tell where the Vong are by their presence not being there.

So if they feel everything and all of a sudden there is a blank spot they know that a Vong or one of their creations must be there.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2002 04:02 PM
Volundro Ramm

yeah right, but all that does is tell the jedi were they are, not what there feeling or how they are going to react in certain situations. Non force users can basically do this by just using there eyes.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2002 07:27 PM
Julie
The Student

I can't really think of Major non-forceusing characters....but there are quite a few minor characters that fit that description...

Old Post Jul 14th, 2002 03:33 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hag on, can you really sense the Vong because of their absence in the Force? That sounds silly- I would have imagined that if they do not show in the Force you would just sense the same thing you would as if there was no-one there, so you would not suspect a thing (unless you are always thinking "No-one there... oh my God! Thousands of Vong all around me!")

Unless you were trying to expose a disguised Vong that you could actually SEE and then sensed nothing from, I really thought the whole point was they couldn't be sensed.

Not that I have read any of it.

Anyway, clearly an editorial decsion hjas been made to focus on the Jedi, hence the name of the current series. There has been a ton of non-Jedi stuff in the past; in the end the point is that Jedi are the most fertile ground for Star Wars stories.

And I would imagine that the Jedi are the last hope because, able to sense the Vong or otherwise, they are still damn hard.

Still, I often can make little sense of the logic of what I hear from the NJO. I understand Luke was reluctant to lead the Order to war against the Vong because a Jedi should not be so aggressive. Has Luke suffered brain damage or something? The Jedi are the protectors of the Republic and should not be afraid to fight; obviously he is not well up on his history, I don't think Windu or even Yoda would have approved of just standing by.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 14th, 2002 12:01 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

IF he knows them, that is...don't think a lot is still saved about the Jedi from that period...

say, Lance... if you can't sense the Vong, how come they could get infiltrated in the Republic?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2002 12:31 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

While I appreciate that it is possible that much of the records of the Jedi were destroyed I am still pretty sure that Luke must know what the purpose of the Jedi in the Republic should be. Unless he is trying to create a different sort of Order... more fool him.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 14th, 2002 01:34 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Luke's coming around

Old Post Jul 16th, 2002 09:51 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

ok, have to change my post...

Reading Rebirth, and Corran said to Anakin that you can't sense the Vond, Anakin said that where they are there are holes in the force...so in somesort of way, you can sense them, like Anakin did (think it was on Yavin4)

Old Post Jul 16th, 2002 09:55 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They actually create voids? Gee, these guys must be piss-easy to track!

BtVS

Old Post Jul 16th, 2002 10:01 PM
yerssot

I don't get the entire idea behind it, but he said that if you used the force there was nothing there, a black hole where a Vong is... Anakin knew where the Vond were using that, the fear of animals and something else...

but let lance give us some more info first, julie is fine too ofcourse

Old Post Jul 16th, 2002 10:04 PM
Julie
The Student

I don't recall the exact conversation.....but it had something to do with sensing the lifeforms around a Vong soldier........

Force lore: Everything in the universe in bound together. A jedi can ense the force in something that is alive.....

you'd think the Vong would be easy to find, but it's a big galaxy. Also, I'd bet it takes a lot of concentration to sift through all the live things to find the "dead" space of a Vong

Old Post Jul 16th, 2002 10:11 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I am thinking RP wise, really. I was working on the assumption that you could not use the Force to look for a Vong, now it seems that, in fact, in a crowd they would be easy to spot.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 16th, 2002 10:17 PM
Julie
The Student

true true

Old Post Aug 27th, 2002 06:55 PM
Corran
Lucifer

That depends now, Julie you've read Traitor so you know what Jacen learns.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2002 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

right....but his learning is not complete yet

Old Post Aug 28th, 2002 02:38 PM