KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: The Story of...

Star Wars: The Story of...
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Star Wars: The Story of...

I've currently began putting my ingenius idea in motion. It's going to be a series of stories I shall write, and I have just started the first one. Thanks to my literature class at school, my writing skills have improved and I have a larger vocabulary, so it should be better than my older stories.

Anyway, the whole idea is that the story let's you take a look at the life of a character somewhere in the Star Wars Universe, whether it be a slave on Kessel, or a Jedi Knight on Coruscant. Currently I'm writing one about a bounty hunter named Keth Arthul and his son, Brak, who has taken up the job to hunt down and kill a Dark Jedi.

Here's a part in Chapter 2, in which Keth has just taken the job from a Besilisk (like Dexster in AOTC) businessman named Tarkin Val'Tala and gone down from his office to the bar on the bottom floor of his building. He has just taken a seat by his son and they begin to talk when disaster strikes...

quote:

“Well, did you take the job, Dad?” asked Brak without looking up from his food.

“Yes, I did,” answered Keth, then ordered another cup of Flaming Wookiee and some Ahrisa as well. “He’s offering two million credits for the death of a Dark Jedi and three of his associates, and one million for just the Darkie. I took the job because we need the money and because I’m probably one of the only hunters who can take on a Jedi!”

“Awesome...wait, a Darkie? Dad, the few years you spent as a Jedi Hopeful aren’t going to help you! The Darkie has more experience! He’d chop you up into mincemeat with his lightsaber! He’d choke you until your head popped off like a dolls!” shouted Brak, drawing attention from a few nearby people. Two men began to approach, drawing blasters to shoot at them.

“No he won’t...Brak, get down!” commanded Keth, drawing his own blasters. He aimed his twin Sundance-560 blaster pistols at the two men, and then opened fire. With a loud pa-ping! pa-ping! and a flash of light, the two men fell as the laser bolts hit them both right between the eyes. Keth then grabbed his son and their helmets, and dashed to the exit. The jazz band stopped playing, and people began crowding around the dead men, wondering what had happened. More men began to race after the two bounty hunters.

Last edited by REXXXX on Nov 9th, 2002 at 01:38 AM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2002 01:24 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The title of the story is Star Wars: Force Hunter: The Story of a Bounty Hunter. Also, I shall be writing about a Dark Jedi, a Jedi Knight, a smuggler, a droid, and a slave. Maybe a few more after that...

Old Post Nov 9th, 2002 01:28 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Cool!

But we need to know why the two men wanted to shoot Brak and his dad.

I was confused on that part.

But good work otherwise.

Keep us informed.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2002 01:29 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Well, Keth and Brak don't know yet, but I'll go ahead and tell you that they are agents of Mon Tifoke, the Dark Jedi that the bounty hunters are going to kill. They've been supervising Val'Tala's building ever since the bounty went out.

Keth and Brak just blow it off and think it's more thugs of "old friends." "Being one of the best also means being one of the most feared and most hated" is Keth's way of thinking.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2002 01:35 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I'll keep you posted on their adventures, btw. Glad you like it Lance. smile

Old Post Nov 9th, 2002 01:38 AM
Julie
The Student

keep on writing.....I only wish I had more time to devote to writing....I have a few good story lines but absolutely no time to devote to the art...good luck there Capt

Old Post Nov 9th, 2002 03:11 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Thanx Julie. smile

If only I had a scanner, I'd show you my extremely good sketch of Keth Arthul himself. He is very menacing looking, and his armor is scratched and dirty. Throughout the adventure, he'll be fighting thugs, pirates, Republic soldiers, Dark Jedi, Jedi Knights, and even other bounty hunters.

He also begins re-learning the Force, though that's not a good thing for his enemies. He'll even learn to wield a lightsaber. eek!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2002 05:19 AM
LanceWindu

Sounds kind of like Kyle Katarn in a sense.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2002 05:57 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yes, but he's a bounty hunter and there's much more mass destruction and pain-inflicting instruments of war. big grin

Old Post Nov 9th, 2002 07:15 PM
LanceWindu

I just got an idea.

How about you make this into a very large series, but using different authors so it gets done real fast.

And I could try and write one for you.

I'd need to know a plot line, character, and how long it should be.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2002 07:34 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Well, I use Microsoft Works, and the story will be a short story. It needs to be pretty acurate Star Wars wise (using stuff like instead of elevator, you say lift).

Old Post Nov 11th, 2002 08:30 PM
Julie
The Student

short stories are fun.....so how do you steal the time to write????

Old Post Nov 12th, 2002 04:18 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Weekends and double tasking. big grin

Wow, I sure got a lot of the Bounty Hunter's story done in three days.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2002 06:16 AM
LanceWindu

On second thought REXXY, I am drawing blanks on story ideas.

So I will keep thinking of stuff, but it will take me a long-o time to do it.

So just write all of them yourself.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2002 07:10 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Fine by me. smile

Here's another segment. I'll be posting the whole thing over at your site Lance. Keth and Brak had captured a pirate that had crashed his "company" speeder and had accidentally unleashed the Krayt dragon he had been smuggling to the lower levels. Now the pirate is leading them to Mon Tifoke's base.

They emerged from the underground bay, and began walking around the empty platforms. Keth noticed the difference between the night life and the day time. There were almost no people, and very few policemen. They took a lift down to the lower levels. The pirate took them very far down, down almost to the ancient planet’s surface. The surface that no one ever saw. Soon they stopped, probably only a few miles from the surface. The lift would not go any farther, because the rest of the lift had been destroyed by stone mites. Ancient walls of flimsy metal were rusted and rotting, and old wires were laying around like thin rubber snakes.

A rusted door sat in the way, obviously tinkered with and renewed. The pirate opened it, and led them to another lift. It took them a few levels upwards, and they stopped on a black walkway, cleaned and waxed to give it a brilliant sheen. There was no junk or old wires were on the walkway, and the walls and guardrails had been removed and made anew. Soon they came to a hangar, in which was an airbus, modified to have laser cannons and a new coat of black paint. On the side was the pirate’s symbol in yellow. Besides the Arthuls, their hostage, and the airbus, there was nobody inside the hangar.

Suddenly, a laser bolt soared from up above and hit the pirate. He stumbled back, and toppled off the edge of the walkway. Keth didn’t even hear him hit the bottom, but that was probably because a roar of laser fire that had began rushing at him. Pirates were flooding out from all of the lower doorways on Keth’s floor. They all had blasters, or vibro-blades, or anything that could cause Keth and Brak to be blasted, incinerated, or diced.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2002 09:04 PM
Julie
The Student

I'm lost....but the story sounds interesting.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2002 11:28 PM
LanceWindu

Spaming and promo of your own board is not accepted

FINTI

Last edited by finti on Nov 28th, 2002 at 06:52 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2002 04:51 AM
REXXXX
Networking

They're on Coruscant hunting down Tifoke.

I'll be posting the second chapter later, Lance.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2002 05:44 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Hey, Finti, can I promote someone else's board. big grin

I finished! smile Now I'm starting with the Dark Jedi. 6 of them....

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2002 07:39 PM
Dexx
wingless

ya kiddin?..ya writting these stuff too?
I started writting a storie some time ago but i had some things to do and i let it go for a few days. I started on it again last week.
I liked those passages.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2002 08:07 PM
Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote