KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star wars and James Bond?

Star wars and James Bond?
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

Star wars and James Bond?

I saw Die Another Day....I may be crazy, but I thought I saw a few star wars like things...for one....James swims under the ice palace using a breather like Qui gon and Obi wan did,,...he even swam like jar jar

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2003 06:15 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

oh come one....no one else believes me...or haven't you seen the James BOnd movie ????

Old Post Mar 24th, 2003 08:54 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I hate James Bond, so I won't watch it.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2003 12:30 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

lol....ok...I'll take that answer.....actually I've only seen 2 of them....and they were just ok

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 03:15 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

The best thing about James Bond films are the girls. And the gadgets he uses when fighting the villians. But I have not seen this particular film. Is it any good and who is playing Bond?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 03:32 AM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Pierce Brosnan...I think...I'm sure I spelled his name wrong, but anyway it's the one with Halley Berry in it.... ]
all in all a decent movie...entertaining, but not worth a second viewing.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 03:40 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Ah, I haven't seen his films before. (And I believe you spelled his name right!) TBS shows a lot of Connery and Moore, but I don't think they have showed any of Brosnan's films.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 06:36 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

oh....I haven't seen too many of the Jame Bond movies at all so I wouldn't know

Old Post Mar 30th, 2003 12:30 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I have only seen a few. Mostly the ones with Sean Connery- the original James Bond. As for the aquatic breathers, after thinking about it, it does sound like something M or Q would give him to use while on assignments. They always had the best toys and gadgets for him to use.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2003 02:32 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This isn't the movies section, guys.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 13th, 2003 11:14 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Thanks for reminding us, Ush. I am sure we weren't aware of that. I feel it is very much in keeping with the topic as presented by Julie,however. I think its a most fascinating thought that James Bond would use one of those aquatic breathers just like the Jedi did in TPM.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2003 09:20 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Your clumsy sarcasm aside, GS, a reminder that this thread should not be used to talk about Bond alone- as some posts here were- was very much required, I felt.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 13th, 2003 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Well then there is very little I can contribute further to this dsicussion, Ushgarak. Oh and only my pals call me GS and you ain't one of them.And I feel there is very little this topic can accomplish further unless someone else wishes to give it a go?

Last edited by GordonSkywalker on Apr 13th, 2003 at 10:29 PM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2003 10:24 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

All right I apologise Ushgarak. I did not mean to get mad at you like that. I had some bad news is all. Sorry.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2003 11:55 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If I want to address you as GS in my posts to save typing time then you have no right at all to tell me not to. And all people have to do to carry on the discussion is make sure not to make posts purely about Bond, is all.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 13th, 2003 11:56 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Very well, spoken like a gentleman. Apology very much accepted.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 13th, 2003 11:57 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Thank you. I am afraid I can't think of anything to add to this topic. Hopefully others will.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 12:04 AM
Julie
The Student

I think I may have just been seeing things ....but the similarities were there....I promise cool
James bond was ok, but star wars is better......much much better Happy Dance

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 03:55 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, especially because of all the blasters and droids and starships and lightsabers and mystical powers would beat a spy very quickly...

You spelled Pierce Brosnan right, btw Julie. But you spelled Halle Berry wrong after that. big grin

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 06:04 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

eh so I was so worried about spelling the first name wrong I missed the second...*sigh* I can't win all the time....especially when it comes to spelling

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 08:38 PM