KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Has Tarkin been confirmed?

Has Tarkin been confirmed?
Started by: jedijunky1138

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

quote:
Originally posted by PVS
but those pics are not confirmed xam.
although its not definate, i think it would be a foolish move for
GL to not have at least a short scene with tarken. after all,
he outranks vader in ep4 and seems to have more inside info
on the emporer than even vader. notice how tarkin was the
one to break the news of the dissolving of the senate to everyone
else, including vader. he HAS to show up in ep3 imho

Tarkin doesn't neccessarily break the news to Vader. Vader enters WITH Tarkin in that scene. I was always under the impression that they found out together, and Tarkin told everyone because Vader isn't exactly the P.R. guy for the Empire. I kinda felt like Vader was on the same level as Tarkin, but there as an observer, like Maul when he actually went to Theed in Ep1. So Vader respects his space and let's him command his "ship" basically.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 04:22 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zutalurs

Until ESB, is Vader even considered to be part of the hierachy of the galaxy? That would explain why Tarkin is considered "higher" than Vader. Vader is Palps personal bad-ass. He's not in the Senate or a Governor. He is just henchmen to the man in charge.
Then when Palps disolves the Senate, Vader then assumes a role in the Empire with an official rank.
So, showing Tarkin isn't as important as we may think. He's a highly ranked officer in the Emporer's military. Nothin more. He's not Vice-Emporer and he doesn't outrank anyone. A simple "You will be my right hand" type line to Anakin/Vader explains that he has "unofficial" power. Can't pass laws, but he can choke anyone who pisses him off. Kind of like Hillary's role in the Clinton administration.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 05:34 PM
Click here to Send zutalurs a Private Message Find more posts by zutalurs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingcoot
Fluid Thinker

The darkside, to my knowledge, doesn't care what rank you are. There can only be one emperor. Vader and Tarkin serve the emperor. The rank any of them are given doesn't change the fact they will serve and be used by the emperor.

I my self would love to see Tarkin in ROTS. There has to be a nice bridge to walk across. Soon we will know.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 10:00 AM
Click here to Send kingcoot a Private Message Find more posts by kingcoot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

Tarkin sure acts like he runs the show in ANH. I understand Vader may just let Tarkin be the man on his own ship but you would think a Sith Lord wouldnt care where the hell they were and take tarkin out if he felt like it.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 04:21 PM
Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Cool I don't think he would.

I mean if you think of it.Why would he be in star wars three?He is not until the fourth movie.
So why would he be in this one?I mean there would be no point.
Anyway I had not seen any pictures of the ones that you are talking about which is good because I don't think I do.Anyway JM Happy Dance

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 11:52 PM
Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

Wasn't an actor in Ep. 3 suspected to be Tarkin? I remember a name coming up and when I compared a picture of him to the second "Tarkin" pic, it sure seemed to be that guy under make-up. He was a recurring character on Farscape, I think.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 06:07 AM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanyoda

Hey check out this photo, found it on a Google
search.

Http://tinypic.com/dz3gh

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 07:00 PM
Click here to Send vanyoda a Private Message Find more posts by vanyoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
J.M FcThumbs-Up
Dutch-Master

Warning

Very much does Vader let Tarkin be the man in charge on the Death Star! I think Vader more likely has a supervising role, in place of the Emp. A bit like in ROTJ, untill the old hazard himself pays an overseeing visit. Surely, Vader could open up a can of whoop-ass on Tarkin if he felt like it and say to his master that he didn't do a good paint job!!!
In episode 3, we will much likely see Vader, Tarkin and Palpatine do a good furniture job on the skeleton of the soon to be Death Star! (I hope...?!...!?)

Keep it going people, nice pictures

Einstein was right about human stupidity!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 08:02 PM
Click here to Send J.M FcThumbs-Up a Private Message Find more posts by J.M FcThumbs-Up Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

ht*p://www,freewebs,com/starwarsep3/Star_Wars_Episode_3_III_Young_tarkn_1.jpg

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 08:30 PM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

I always thought Wilem Defoe would be a good part for the Tarkin role, mainly because of his prominent cheek bones, like Cushin had

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 01:35 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cylob49
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by vanyoda
Hey check out this photo, found it on a Google
search.

Http://tinypic.com/dz3gh

WHATS THAT????.........would lucas have the balls to do that?
A cg Cushing.

Personally old William the Bloody aka SPIKE aka James Masters wouldve been a good Tarkin
or our very own Christopher(DR WHO)Ecclestone

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 09:30 AM
Click here to Send cylob49 a Private Message Find more posts by cylob49 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote