KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Palpatine's Physical Transformation

Palpatine's Physical Transformation
Started by: Red Leader

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

quote:
Originally posted by Mist
hold on a sec.
i thought the jedi group confront palpatine in his office or something and anakin helps kill them.

then yoda fights palpatine in the jedi temple after they've killed all the jedi in it.

so palpatine should fight yoda much later.

wats going on?

yea mace goes in there with 2 or 3 jedi and fights infront of anakin, then thats when anakin makes his decsion to join the dark side. then when its just ob1 and yoda left, yodas reading some book or the jedi holocron or something and thats when Palps walks in and starts to fight. and youre right..it is later in the film. what are you so confused about?

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 02:25 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

palpatine's make over cant happen from the lava pit or from anakin giving off some sort of force surge. why? because he is already seen deformed when he is battling with his saber.

as to my confusion, does palpatine deform from yoda or from the previous battle with mace? cause if its from yoda, why does he deform from just one jedi when he faces more jedi earlier?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 02:41 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

i dont think anyone deforms him,...i think he just hides his appearence until he doesnt have to anymore.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 02:54 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yep, I completely agree with what Subjeckt said. He's just hiding his appearance. Nobody will deform him.

I like George.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 03:18 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbabb
radical thinker

the power of make up j/k im not sure just have to wait and see.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 03:29 AM
Click here to Send darthbabb a Private Message Find more posts by darthbabb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

well thats all we can do. if you can cloak your entire identity from your mortal enimies, changing your appearence would be no problem. i do however wish that in Vader's fit of rage and he's destroying the room, ot should be so powerful that Sidious/Palpatine kinda hides from the actions going on around him. Not "hiding" in that sense, but cautious like Vader was when he broke the window behind Luke in ESB, ya know? what do you think, X?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 04:53 AM
darktim1

what about he has face over his hidious face then pulls it off just a thought .

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 05:36 AM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

i dont know if youre making a joke or being serious confused buti doubt he's wearing a holloween mask. lol, i know thats not what you meant....but i dont think its a mask, or extra face.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 05:41 AM
Darth_Decimator

i think that thats what palpatine really does lok like all the time and hes just altering everone elses perception of how they see him , its not much of a stretch if you think that even yoda as powerful as he is can be in the guys immediate prescence and not get the slightest sense that he is a sith , let alone clouding the jedis perceptions and their abilty to use the force , as i said in another thread by the time he fights whoever it is he is fighting in the trailer he no longer has to hide his trueself

Many many thanks to Sir Mist for the Kick-A** Sig ! big grin

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 06:50 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Decimator a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Decimator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
waynerobsonuk
Death Star Programmer

Surely if sidious was 'hiding his true identity useing the force' there would be at leat one species that would be immune? (I'm thinking of something similar to watto and jedi mind tricks)
As you have so many different species in the star wars universe, they must have a variety of differnt types/ways in which their brains work. So really hiding his appearance would have to take advantage of a being either biologically or psychologically.
Yet again maybe I'm just talking crap laughing out loud

Wayne...

www.DashDotSlash.net

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 01:21 PM
Click here to Send waynerobsonuk a Private Message Find more posts by waynerobsonuk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Telemicus
Wasted

So he's force holding the skin on his face up?
Like some Jedi face lift.
Then, at some point in film, he becomes emperor and doesn't have to worry about his appearence as you either like his baggy face or get fried

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 01:48 PM
Click here to Send Telemicus a Private Message Find more posts by Telemicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

WTF? Injuries from battle? Scars? BULLSH*T!

Are you people serious?

He's either a shapeshifter, or the dark side "clouding everything" is stronger than we thought. Or there's another much better explanation we mere mortals haven't thought of yet. Personally, the shapeshifter thing would make sense. AOTC could have introduced the shape shifting bounty hunter for a reason.

Yoda throwing toxic acid in his face? And then running away? Call yourselves Star Wars fans with that crap?

And the Emperor isn't scarred people. He's old and wrinkly, not scarred. His darkside power ages him, drains him of life, makes him older than he truly is. It's obviously something to do with his power of the darkside, or shapeshifting.

Bollocks to "scarring". What a joke.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 02:35 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

hes not a shape shifter, cause he looks the same, just older and decayed more. who would want to change themselves to look like a corpes? its just how he looks due to the darkside of the force...like i said many posts ago.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 03:57 PM
Red Superfly

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
who would want to change themselves to look like a corpes?

You're thinking about it the wrong way round.

He's in his true form as the withered Emperor remember. He'd have to transform into the younger more human version.

He's not changing himself to look like a corpse, jeez. He's just letting down the visage he doesn't need anymore.

But I prefer the old darkside explanation too. I still wouldn't throw out the shapeshifter theory either.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 05:00 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

thats exactly what we.ve been saying, only we're saying its thru the force, not because of what species he is.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 05:03 PM
Red Superfly

I know, it's just it would provide some insight as to why they bothered with a shapeshifter in AOTC at all.

She didn't USE her shapeshifting really did she? It seemed as though the makers were saying "Yes, shapeshifting beings exist in Star Wars" - why else would they do this?

They must have had some reasoning behind it.

But yeah, I can only hope it's just the "darkside clouding everything".

I can't wait for the scene where we actually see Palpatine actually morph.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 05:08 PM
Darth Subjekt

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I know, it's just it would provide some insight as to why they bothered with a shapeshifter in AOTC at all.

She didn't USE her shapeshifting really did she? It seemed as though the makers were saying "Yes, shapeshifting beings exist in Star Wars" - why else would they do this?

They must have had some reasoning behind it.

But yeah, I can only hope it's just the "darkside clouding everything".

I can't wait for the scene where we actually see Palpatine actually morph.

well we finally agree on something. lol...yea i sincerely hope its the darkside, not him being a changeling. But he also had that unneeded teo headed sports announcer, and all they did was annoy people and help ruin the movie. Maybe Zam was just an excuse for ILM to flex their SE muscles.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 05:42 PM
Cipher
Non-Entity

If he's using the Force, how does he hide from species like Watto's? Unless its just mind tricks that they can resist......

I'm not sure about the Force disguise, that's probably it, but can he reach into the minds of everyone everywhere? Even when he's on TV? Lucas had better have a great explanation for this.....

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 06:28 PM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

quote:
Originally posted by Cipher
If he's using the Force, how does he hide from species like Watto's? Unless its just mind tricks that they can resist......

I'm not sure about the Force disguise, that's probably it, but can he reach into the minds of everyone everywhere? Even when he's on TV? Lucas had better have a great explanation for this.....

That's what kinda had me going down the shapeshifter route.

Aww to hell with it, how about this:

Because Sidious hasn't done anything of true evil nature, he has started wars and been responsible for death, he hasn't had to command the dark side of the forec with such ferocity.

During his confrontation with the Jedi, in order to win, Palpatine goes all out and commands the dark side with intense ferocity that during a short space of time, he physically withers. The fight against Yoda could be where he summons the greatest amount of evil energy ever, and it has a serious effect on his body.

Oh well, no doubt Lucas'll enjoy explaining it properly. Better be good.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 07:16 PM
:.Space Opera.:
Restricted

Account Restricted

you know lucas though.....hell prolly say something like: " he stayed a galactic space-bathtub too long.

ART is where the legend began...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 07:33 PM
Click here to Send :.Space Opera.: a Private Message Find more posts by :.Space Opera.: Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote