KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Hyperspace Confusion

Hyperspace Confusion
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

Hyperspace Confusion

I'm torn...I want to get all the info on EPIII. However I don't feel like spending the extra money to buy a subscription to Hyperspace on the www.starwars.com web site
What are your thoughts on this?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2003 11:39 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

any fan site of starwars is still allowed to give the info hyperspace offers, just no images sharing, video sharing etc.

so, just visit a fansite and you'll stay updated, without spending money

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2003 04:04 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

I agree I think it is a bit of a rip off.
After all alot of SW fans stay loyal and buy loads of officail merchandise and stuff so i'm sure it wouldn't kill Lucasarts to give us the Hyperspace stuff as a bonus. miffed

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2003 04:21 PM
Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

But Evil Windu is still showing images.

Isn't that against the TOS?

(BTW, Hi Yerss!)

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 08:27 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

hooooooooooooooooooooooooowdy lance, great to see you back smile

yes, I already said so... reaction was I should take a chillpill roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 08:31 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Yeah I was able to read that yesterday.

Oh well, as long as it's not me getting busted I'm ok.

But if they (Lucasfilm attorney's) come asking questions, I will point them in the direction of Evil Windu, my evil clone. (j/k)

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 08:33 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Mace has a nice family, I must say wink

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 08:39 PM
LanceWindu

You know it.

(BTW, Hi Julie!!!!!!!!)

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 08:41 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Wow, it's Lance! Hi Lance!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 09:01 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Catch 22
Disinterested

quote:
Originally posted by LanceWindu
But Evil Windu is still showing images.

Isn't that against the TOS?

(BTW, Hi Yerss!)
Yep, sure is.

Personally I wouldn't take the risk. LFL will act on any site or person that they become aware of. With talkbackers on AICN posting links back to here I am surprised that it's still online, but hey, what do I know.

People are moaning about what amounts to less than $2.00 a month and saying it should be free, blah, blah, blah.

If it was free then there would be no webcam and no set diary. These two things alone are providing a ton of spoiler material.

Catch 22!

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 09:18 PM
Click here to Send Catch 22 a Private Message Find more posts by Catch 22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

About the pics, they aren't hosted on our servers, but on Evil Windus personal server.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

How much is Hyperspace per month anyways?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 11:26 PM
yerssot

it's $19.95 for a year, $1.66/month

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 10:02 AM
LanceWindu

That's not bad at all!

I just wish I had 20 bucks to sign up right now, so I don't have to listen to everybody watching the web-cams and everything.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 06:59 PM
yerssot

you get the news eventually

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 07:01 PM
LanceWindu

Not all of it.

Plus I want to see the exclusive pictures without having to worry about Lucasfilm getting mad about illegal images.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 09:30 PM
yerssot

I doubt they are that worth it

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 09:31 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Yeah they aren't THAT exclusive. And anything worthwhile will comeout into the public domain anyway.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

like the EpIII-selects,
they'll come out to public, just after the hyperspace customers saw them

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 10:53 PM
Julie
The Student

I wish I were more technically inclined, then I'd feel better about how to pay for hyperspace and such...I think I'd go for it....my parents still pay for Insider so this could be another birthday thing....hmmmm

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 01:36 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote