KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Should Lucas allow for other directors to create single episode Star Wars movies?

Should Lucas allow for other directors to create single episode Star Wars movies?
Started by: Eddy Urquia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eddy Urquia

Should Lucas allow for other directors to create single episode Star Wars movies?

I know he said he would close the door behind him concerning Star Wars, but I was wondering if he could consider allowing other directors such as Spielberg to take a shot at producing single stand alone SW movies that would not have his charactersin it, but where writers could create one episode FULL Feature Length movies about SW universe but with all new characters and new issues. i like that idea because it would permit directors to expand on Lucas's SW universe which he has established and permit new artist to contribute to expanding his saga. it would be neat to see a SW movie from a new perspective. Please note: these single full length SW movies from other directors would need to be single ep, in other words not be in parts or sequels but rather these movies would have to end as single ep stories. Neat huh? any ideas on this?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:19 AM
Click here to Send Eddy Urquia a Private Message Find more posts by Eddy Urquia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

From what I remember of Empire of Dreams, Lucas had pulled out of the 'Directors Guild' back in the late 70's...and was not allowed to hire Spielberg for ROTJ.

Whether he's back in it or not, (if it still exists), is unknown to me.

Last edited by Lord S on May 20th, 2005 at 05:28 AM

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:25 AM
Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

The directors guild still exist, and Lucas is still out of it.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:27 AM
Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

no he should not

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:50 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
toolguy1515

Absolutely not. Although someone else might be able to find some better actors and write some better lines, the series would be forever tainted.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:53 AM
Click here to Send toolguy1515 a Private Message Find more posts by toolguy1515 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:57 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I think he should stop altogether making SW movies. If it takes another two bad movies to make one good one, I don't think I can survive. wink

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:14 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crusher
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think he ought to do like Disney, and hire his or a production to make MORE, and all kinds of other features and things. smile

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:33 AM
Click here to Send Crusher a Private Message Find more posts by Crusher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

No no no.... even that tv-series thing, it's so degrading the franchise. SW is not Star Trek, peeps.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:01 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I think if he gave a bunch of fans some ideas, and the fans funded it, it would be worth a shot, then we'd have no one to blame but ourselves.
screw it, we'd blame the flanneled freak of a geek anyways

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:03 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

INDEED!

But please, SW is done. Let us enjoy these four great films for ever.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:04 AM
Eddy Urquia

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
INDEED!

But please, SW is done. Let us enjoy these four great films for ever.

WE KNOW STAR WARS IS OVER!! BUT SHOULD HE ALLOW FOR SINGLE TWO AND A HALF OUR MOVIES THAT WOULD HAVE SOLID ENDINGS NOT DRAG ON IN SEQUELS TO PREQUELS AND NEW CHARACTERS THAT DO NOT CONNECT HIS SERIES.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 04:53 PM
Click here to Send Eddy Urquia a Private Message Find more posts by Eddy Urquia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

FOR EXAMPLE, STAR WARS " THE DARK HORIZONS" (FICTICIOUS NAME) STARTS FRIDAY DIRECTED BY --------------! THIS MOVIE WOULD START AND END IN TWO HOURS. A SINGLE STAND ALONE EPISODE.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 04:55 PM
queeq
Chaos

No need to shout.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:27 PM