KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Sifo Diyas = Plagueis? If the shoe fits...

Sifo Diyas = Plagueis? If the shoe fits...
Started by: CobraKaiDojo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CobraKaiDojo

Sifo Diyas = Plagueis? If the shoe fits...

We all know that a deceased Jedi Master named Sifo Diyas who was "killed" some time around the Episode I era had placed an order for the Clone Troopers on behalf of "The Republic."

A Sith masquerading as a Jedi is possible especially since we know they can hide themselves well.

If Plageuis had the power to create life and presumably created Anakin (speculation, I know), perhaps this was kept a secret until years later, when his apprentice, (Sidious) finds out and was threatened by this (I mean, he essentially created his replacement) so he kills Plageuis/Diyas in his sleep, and takes up an apprentice of his own (Maul) and carries on what may have originally been Plageuis' plan to take over the Republic.

Six months to a year later, the events of Episode I take place. Maul is dead, and Palpatine is surprised to find his old Master's creation was found and will be trained in the Jedi arts. (Plapatine clearly showed interest in Anakin very early on. Why would that be?) Perhaps he figures he could utilize this power for himself. So he befriends him, supports him, meanwhile biding his time and waits to set him down the path we all know he goes.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:54 PM
Click here to Send CobraKaiDojo a Private Message Find more posts by CobraKaiDojo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

no NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOO
read the book Labyrinth of Evil that leads into ROTS. You find out exactly who SD is. And for future reference, please make use of the search option.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:55 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soda

^^oooooooo, u got told off

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:01 PM
Click here to Send Soda a Private Message Find more posts by Soda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CobraKaiDojo

Interesting, what did it say? Did you even have any intention of elaborating?

Oh and the search engine did not yield another thread whose topic asks this question. If it did, I wouldn't have made it. Perhaps you saw one post that referred to it some time ago, that's fine. No user should have to look for it. And no moderator would reasonably expect someone to do that either.

There's a thread stikied at top about Backseat Moderating. Please make use of it.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:10 PM
Click here to Send CobraKaiDojo a Private Message Find more posts by CobraKaiDojo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

How about making use of your time do go back a few pages instead of expecting all of us to do the work for you. YOu are NOT a new person which is mainly the reason you got the answer you did from. And for the record, telling you to use the serach function, doesnt fall under the backseat moderating criteria. It falls under the use your brain criteria.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:13 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

theres nothing wrong with this thread, and i am one of the people that are of the mind that the books, even the books made about the movies, are not cannon. Its the authors spin, it isn't 100 percent lucas, and i am only concerned about what Lucas INTENDED.
I think this is a very interesting post!!! You are the most convincing of any theory like this in a long time. I have a question though?? Why woudn't Plageius have the female that carries his force baby in his custody in close quarters?
Best argument for the anikin is really not spawned by the force idea i have heard though.
Good post smile

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:17 PM
Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DARTH DADDY
just chill'n

Oh she's back alright. Sarcastic as ever. yes

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:22 PM
Click here to Send DARTH DADDY a Private Message Find more posts by DARTH DADDY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CobraKaiDojo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
How about making use of your time do go back a few pages instead of expecting all of us to do the work for you.
At what point did this happen?
quote:
YOu are NOT a new person which is mainly the reason you got the answer you did from.
Thank you?
quote:
And for the record, telling you to use the serach function, doesnt fall under the backseat moderating criteria. It falls under the use your brain criteria.
So you are telling me to use the search engine when I am posting MY theory on the subject of which there is no existing thread is brain criteria. Okay then...

Stop throwing the topic off track. If you have something to add to it, then by all means, please do so. This is a discussion thread.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:26 PM
moviejunkie23

oh who cares cobra, just get back on topic, i am interested. if someone doesn't like it they can not participate. This is far better than most posts smile

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:28 PM
Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

ummm, interesting theory, but palpatine would have to had killed Plagueis before he started to train darth maul. and since maul was presumably trained from a young age it would make sifo-dyas being Plagueis impossible, because of the sith rule of 2. and since it was stated that dyas was killed at around the ebents of TPM he could not have been Plagueis..

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:40 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
ummm, interesting theory, but palpatine would have to had killed Plagueis before he started to train darth maul. and since maul was presumably trained from a young age it would make sifo-dyas being Plagueis impossible, because of the sith rule of 2. and since it was stated that dyas was killed at around the ebents of TPM he could not have been Plagueis..

good point...theres a whole

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:42 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh man, no, won't the Sifo-Dyas thing die? Not even now?

The shoe doesn't fit! The army wasn't ordered until Dooku brought the template which was after Maul died and hence after Plagueis died- which was, rather obviously I thought, way too long ago anyway.

And a thousand thousand things wrong with this...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:45 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

Plagiues is not Syfo-Dyas.. JP is correct, and it is possible to infer this information directly from the films

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:45 PM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin2Vader

JP is right..... the Syfo-Dyas NON mystery was solved a long time ago... there must have been a dozen different threads on this..... Syfo-Dyas was Syfo-Dyas.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 07:53 PM
Click here to Send Anakin2Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin2Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
And for the record, telling you to use the serach function, doesnt fall under the backseat moderating criteria. It falls under the use your brain criteria.

Yes it does. It's the point of telling people off for making duplicate threads, un needed topics, etc.

This is backseat moderating if you keep it up.

Asking them nicely to use the search button next time would be much better than basically yelling at them.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 07:57 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

It doesn't fit...you must acquit.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo313
spartan 117

Re: Sifo Diyas = Plagueis? If the shoe fits...

I assumed that palpatine used the power he got from plagueis to create anakin, I mean, theres no real proof, but the whole idea is that Darth Vader is Palpatine's creation. This point is emphasized further by the whole frankenstein theme (the lightning, the tower, when anakin gets up he walks stiff like frankenstein)

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:07 PM
Click here to Send neo313 a Private Message Find more posts by neo313 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin Lost

smile

Old Post May 21st, 2005 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Anakin Lost a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin Lost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

Hey, I could just cut & paste my post from the OTHER thread with this topic in it, but let me try to say it differently this time...

GL approved the plot points from Labyrinth Of Evil, so it's explanation of who Sifo Dyas is is true. He was a Jedi and friend to Count Dooku. Sifo Dyas never left the Jedi order, though, and never joined the Sith. He did order the clones, and soon after he was killed by Dooku. BOOK SPOILERS!!!!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 01:59 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

It doesn't matter even with the movies as the only source it's impossible to come to a logical conclusion that Plagiues is Syfo-Dyas

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:22 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote