KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The writing of episode III

The writing of episode III
Started by: ragesRemorse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

The writing of episode III

Though, i enjoyed ROTS, i couldnt help, but not overlook the bad writing. Am i being to critical or am i just asking for what i should have gotten? There were no inconsitantcies like the previous two, but there was some damn bad writing that minimized the emotions of certain situations.

I think the main thing i have a gripe about is how easily Anakin was swayed to the darkside. I know that Palpitine had been polluting Anakins mind the entire time he was apart of the Jedi. However, The crucial point of Anakins transformation was secured in about one sentence.

After anakin killed mace windu, the only thing he had to say was " that was bad, i shouldnt have done that" LOL instances like this were through out the entire film, especially when padme died. "she is in perfect health, but she is just giving up all will to live" mad

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:14 PM
Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

for lucas it was at his best. he has proven he can do allot worse

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:17 PM
Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I thought that lucas brought outside writers for episode III.

Your right though, he can do alot worse, but it was no where near being what we know as lucas's best. The only reason episode III did so well is because it was leading to the exticntion of the jedi. IT would have been REALLY REALLY hard to mess up episode III

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:22 PM
Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

actually i agree with you some lines were hokey, like love can't save you but my new powers can!!!! or something like that, it didn't ruin it for me but i agree with you lines like that could have been touched up.

there were scenes i loved for the lines though. When Palpatine is talking to Anikin in that theature thing i thought the lines were good. I liked the lines between obi and anikin towards the end for the most part too. And yoda talking smack was priceless. It was actually better than i expected. but your right, someone would be lieing if they said there were not weaker moments of dialouge

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:29 PM
Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Y-chromo kid

Just come from MF where I've been reading the fan reviews. Rages, I have to agree with you, the fall was very clunky and unconvincing, a crucial part of the story that was handled badly. One moment Ani's tormented and regretful for slicing off Mace's hand and getting him killed, the next he's on bended knee pledging his allegiance to Palps. It needed to be handled more delicately than it was. I enjoyed the picture (best of the PT) but a few cack-handed moments stopped it from being the classic I hoped for.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:31 PM
Click here to Send Y-chromo kid a Private Message Find more posts by Y-chromo kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Y-chromo kid
I've just come from MF where I've been reading the fan reviews. Rages, I have to agree with you, the fall was very clunky and unconvincing, a crucial part of the story that was handled badly. One moment Ani's tormented and regretful for slicing off Mace's hand and getting him killed, the next he's on bended knee pledging his allegiance to Palps. It needed to be handled more delicately than it was. I enjoyed the picture (best of the PT) but a few cack-handed moments stopped it from being the classic I hoped for.

yea as much as i want to defend the movie i also took mental notice how it was odd how soon he went from morning mace to bowing. They needed motre time in between, but if you think about it they had allot of ground to cover in a short period of time, maybe it was good they made it a fast transistion

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:34 PM
EHmasterJedi
Jedi Master

He could of used the music much better also, he needed some OT and other E1 music in alittle more

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:37 PM
Click here to Send EHmasterJedi a Private Message Find more posts by EHmasterJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

actually that music score when anikin is struggling about wether he is going to intervein with mace and sids while he is looking out of window was REALLY cool

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:39 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by moviejunkie23
actually i agree with you some lines were hokey, like love can't save you but my new powers can!!!!

See, for me, things like that just completely took me out of the movie. Most times i just turn a blind eye, but when cheese is spoken through out the entire movie i tend to pay attention more to the cheese than the wine. ROTS wasnt a bad movie, it wasnt a great movie though, and for t the most part it was due to the dialogue. Little things like this shouldnt happen in a star wars flick. These cats work non stop for three years perfecting the movie, how could they over look the childish dialogue of certain scenes.

Chromo reminded me of another problem i had, which was the fall of the jedi. The scenes where order 66 were executed were sentimental, but not very convincing, that this is how the entire JEdi fall.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:42 PM
Y-chromo kid

yea as much as i want to defend the movie i also took mental notice how it was odd how soon he went from morning mace to bowing. They needed motre time in between, but if you think about it they had allot of ground to cover in a short period of time, maybe it was good they made it a fast transistion [/

I don't know what the rest of you think but it might have been better if the movie ran for three hours, allowing events time to properly unfurl. I know there are some people who supposedly can't 'imbibe' information after say two hours but the LOTR worked well on it. I sense much valuable material on the cutting room floor. Lucas, slash happy he is, bringing unbalance to the movie.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Y-chromo kid a Private Message Find more posts by Y-chromo kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

LUCAS took Anakins years of training, discipline, sacrifice and loyalty & he threw them all away for a whisper of immortality.

for LUCAS the concept of HONOR was missing in Anakins training.

Last edited by bILLYgOAT on May 20th, 2005 at 09:07 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:03 PM
Click here to Send bILLYgOAT a Private Message Find more posts by bILLYgOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

but hey
thats why we have lawyers

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:08 PM
Click here to Send bILLYgOAT a Private Message Find more posts by bILLYgOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

Re: The writing of episode III

All I can say, is learn to enjoy the fricken movie would ya! do we have to pick at every bad thing?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:10 PM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

ok lando

the emperor new cloths look fantastic

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:15 PM
Y-chromo kid

Re: Re: The writing of episode III

Originally posted by LandoSpeeder2
All I can say, is learn to enjoy the fricken movie would ya! do we have to pick at every bad thing?

Because I want to enjoy it at its very best, Lando. Because I want it to walk out into the world, not only with a pretty face, but a proud purposeful stride.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:17 PM
atila the great
Capo

ok, new question: how would you have written anakin's turn?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:21 PM
Click here to Send atila the great a Private Message Find more posts by atila the great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Y-chromo kid

Originally posted by atila the great

I hate these missing the point type questions. I'm not expected to write Star Wars scripts but I am obliged (by my cheerful, geeky SW self I might add) to go and view the finished product. I am also obliged (by a feeling no less deep) to point out any foibles contained within the story. If there is a God and one day I find myself standing before Him, accused of nitpicking, that will be my answer to Him and to thee.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:47 PM
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

Originally posted by atila the great

ok MASTER WRITER
show us how u would write it

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:10 PM
Superfly4000

THE PROBLEM WAS THAT LUCAS BUILT EPISODES I AND II ON PURE CRAP. THEY have nothing to do with episode three. Lucas should have made Palp's influence on Anakin more gradual and concrete in episodes one and three, making his final turn more dynamic.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 01:18 AM
Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
southtownbluz

I totally disagree. I think the writing was terrific. Considering that the story was to be like the old serials and intentionally a bit cheesy, there were some serious moments when I felt the intensity of this film. The comedy was classic, almost 80s classic. And it was actually FUNNY.

Then there were scenes that were just plain moving. This movie changed me and my whole perspective on the franchise. There really is a message behind all the special effects and merchandising. And it's powerful.

Later guys!!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 01:56 AM
Click here to Send southtownbluz a Private Message Find more posts by southtownbluz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote