KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Thank the Maker! Are these moments too coincidental in SW Saga?

Thank the Maker! Are these moments too coincidental in SW Saga?
Started by: Eddy Urquia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eddy Urquia

Thank the Maker! Are these moments too coincidental in SW Saga?

Moments such as "thank the maker" by C3PO in "A New Hope" are too coincidental, and too close to call for some of us to accept. For instance, the "maker" is the young slave boy "Anakin Skywalker". I find this to be too close for comfort, too coincidental that this little boy made a protocol droid that he latter would hunt down along with the rebels as Darth Vader.! Rember, Vader said in the original series, " bring me the droids. I accepted it, but I have never liked that notion of things being to related. Also, R2D2's relation to the older jedi knight Anakin and also Obiwan. I find this to be too far fetched and coincidental that this same droid would later fly in an X-wing fighter with Anakin's son, luke Skywalker. Again, I had no choice but to accept it! These attempt to tie the series are actually somewhat detrimental and undermines the series in whole. Do not get me wrong, I am a true SW fan, but these post are usually the most visited!

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:30 PM
Click here to Send Eddy Urquia a Private Message Find more posts by Eddy Urquia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It's very much like Charles Dickens. Some people like to use coincidences to kind of grab the reader's/watcher's attention, and cause them to think 'Wow, what are the chances of that happening?!'

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:32 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

I now disagree with 95% of what you have to say.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:42 PM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tlbauerle
I now disagree with 95% of what you have to say.

Just let it go. Ignore it if you think it is dumb or report it. Don't let it bother you though. wink

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:45 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

ignored

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:50 PM
Click here to Send bILLYgOAT a Private Message Find more posts by bILLYgOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

Originally posted by DarkYoda
Just let it go. Ignore it if you think it is dumb or report it. Don't let it bother you though. wink

You guys make it seem as if any posts other than your own are irrevelant and insignificant. there is nothing wrong with this post. i have read worst posted by many of you. It is a fair question. I believe that some of these people have already begun to post responses and they are positive. they seem to want to contribute , but I get alot of this from most of the same peeps. hum?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:55 PM
Click here to Send Eddy Urquia a Private Message Find more posts by Eddy Urquia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Originally posted by Eddy Urquia
You guys make it seem as if any posts other than your own are irrevelant and insignificant. there is nothing wrong with this post. i have read worst posted by many of you. It is a fair question. I believe that some of these people have already begun to post responses and they are positive. they seem to want to contribute , but I get alot of this from most of the same peeps. hum?

The problem is that if anyone disagrees with you, you get angry and start flaming with all caps LIKE THIS!!! That's very irritating. And you seem to be finding nothing but negative things to talk about. You hated this and that... and there was a problem with this... if you dislike the movie so much then why are you here? Most of us thoroughly enjoyed the movie and do not like hearing tons of negative hype surrounding it.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:58 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

*sigh*

I'm considering sending Eddy a warning here for his "GET ASPIRIN OR GET LAID" comment.

But don't harp on him with everything he says, even if you think him dumb. This kind of thing was supposed to end with the release of Episode III, but no one seems to give it a rest.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:00 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

I'm not harping...just think he got puffed up after I said the blaster thing was a great thread...which I still agree with. The attitude ticks me off. But I'll drop it.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:03 PM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

Originally posted by DarkYoda
The problem is that if anyone disagrees with you, you get angry and start flaming with all caps LIKE THIS!!! That's very irritating. And you seem to be finding nothing but negative things to talk about. You hated this and that... and there was a problem with this... if you dislike the movie so much then why are you here? Most of us thoroughly enjoyed the movie and do not like hearing tons of negative hype surrounding it.

Who said i disliked movie, You said it. you are I LOVED IT. I THINK IT TEARS A HOLE IN EMPIRE> ITS MY FAVORITE. IT is YOU who seems that can not take criticism on the movie. As if it were held up high. Read all my post they are very good. not perfect , but effective to sttire conversation. What I notice , is your negativety that echos throughout. i post anf reply. what after you give an opposite opinion to mine, I must conform to your thoughts and your posse of negative critiques who hunt people who place posts and hunt them like a bunch of Velociraposr, Wow!! u are man eaters. i am placing post, and I never disrespect or cuss, goatsmilk sent me to FUC OFF a moment ago. should i report that sucker. Hum? Hum?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:05 PM
Eddy Urquia

Originally posted by Captain REX
*sigh*

I'm considering sending Eddy a warning here for his "GET ASPIRIN OR GET LAID" comment.

But don't harp on him with everything he says, even if you think him dumb. This kind of thing was supposed to end with the release of Episode III, but no one seems to give it a rest.

why i did not cuss, GOATSMILK said for me to F*** off. read it

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:07 PM
Eddy Urquia

Originally posted by Eddy Urquia
why i did not cuss, GOATSMILK said for me to F*** off. read it

if i get warning for that , he should be banned for days

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:07 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Oi, alright, I'll talk to him! No need to go nuts because you got a warning for flipping out yourself.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:08 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Actually, not going to. You lashed out first, and he's not known as 'GOATSMILK,' rather he is bILLYgOAT...

Whoa, I'm standing up for Billy...

Anyway, please halt on the outbursts. I'll have that warning apply to this outburst and your outburst towards Billy.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:10 PM
Eddy Urquia

Originally posted by Captain REX
Actually, not going to. You lashed out first, and he's not known as 'GOATSMILK,' rather he is bILLYgOAT...

Whoa, I'm standing up for Billy...

Anyway, please halt on the outbursts. I'll have that warning apply to this outburst and your outburst towards Billy.

I never lashed out at no one read the entire thread and see, i was picked on. you know this too. And you were manipulated to use your power, like palpitine to ana. ya. i never said a bad word. That "laid" was not spontaneaous read back he cussed me you never even looked into it. you just placed a verdict on me because of dark yoda baking him

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:15 PM
REXXXX
Networking

*sigh*

Now I'm a dictator? Oh good, this can only get better.

You are going to have that warning and that is final. If you continue you will receive another. Clear?

Keep this to the PMs if you have a problem with it, lest you warrant more warnings.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:18 PM
NoFate007

Its called suspension of belief. C'mon people, its a fantasy film. You all didn't ***** when LOTR showed creatures that don't really exist and stuff. Isn't it a coincidence that Gollum met up with the ring? Eh? Eh? etc etc etc you could go on for days about this stuff, but really, who cares? You can't just enjoy Star Wars, which is meant to be unrealistic in some ways?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:40 PM
Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Thank you, NoFate! That's exactly the point...or counter-point to this, I should say.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 12:03 AM
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Look... if it makes things better Eddy, I'm sorry. I don't want to upset anyone. You just need to relax and enjoy all of this. I enjoyed this movie very much. It wasn't perfect and none of them are. The originals were the best, but I think sometimes people put them up TOO high. Back on topic though.

There is some truth in the whole EVERYTHING being TOO connected in Star Wars. But mostly you can chock it up to Lucas trying to keep characters around that the audience cares about.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 12:09 AM
REXXXX
Networking

But it works for the most part, doesn't it?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 12:11 AM