KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Vader's Empire

Vader's Empire
Started by: DarkYoda

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Vader's Empire

Remember the line in Revenge Of The Sith where Vader talks about ruling HIS empire and Obi-Wan acts completely in shock?

Obi-Wan: "Your Empire!?!" (wtf)

It kind of adds new meaning to the line in Attack Of The Clones when he told Padme, "Of course not me... someone wise."

In case you have trouble remembering the line I'm referring to, the dialogue went something like this...

Anakin: "I don't think the system works..."
Padme: "How would you have it work?"
Anakin: "We need a system where the politicians sit down and discuss the problems, agree what is in the best interest of all the people and then do it!"
Padme: "That's exactly what we do... the trouble is that people don't always agree."
Anakin: "Then they should be made to!"
Padme: "By whom? Who's going to make them?"
Anakin: "I don't know... someone."
Padme: "You?"
Anakin: "Of course not me."
Padme: "But someone?"
Anakin: "Someone wise."
Padme: "That sounds an awful lot like a dictatorship to me."
Anakin: (mischievously) "Well... if it works." (grins)

He apparently decided he was right for the job after all.

Last edited by notDeadYet! on May 20th, 2005 at 10:27 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:23 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TX!
judgement day will come!

yea i guess it does...they was setting the plot up for rots...showing hints that anakin was becoming closer to the dark side in rotc

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:29 PM
Click here to Send TX! a Private Message Find more posts by TX! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

I am sure there are a lot of little things like that that we will realize later after we watch the other movies that will sort of tie it all together. Hopefully anyway. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 21st, 2005 01:02 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SW3HP4IJ4
Star Wars Episode III

Yeah, liek in Epi 2 when Anakin says: "I promise you, I will even find a way to stop people from dying!!" That seems like a naive statemnet made out of anger and sadness, but in Episode III, that turns out to be the reason he joins the dark side in the first place.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 01:05 AM
Click here to Send SW3HP4IJ4 a Private Message Find more posts by SW3HP4IJ4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yes, all those little things that make Episode II that much better than the horrible mess we all thought it was... messed

Old Post May 21st, 2005 01:09 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Obi-Wan: "Come to your senses... What do you think Padme would do if she were in your position?"
Anakin: "She would do her duty."

Well, when Anakin fell (to the darkside) and Padme found out about it, she DID let her personal feelings get in the way. Forsaking the greater good of the republic, she did not help Obi-Wan (intentionally). Instead she gave into her emotions and tried to turn Anakin back to good. She brought emotion and confusion to a situation that already had too much of both.

Also, it's as if Anakin made a conscious decision that he made the wrong choice on Geonosis. I say this because he chooses to do the opposite in Episode III. He says, screw my duty as a Jedi. I want the power to stop people from dying!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 01:35 AM