KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Did Eperor Palpatine's voice change during "Galactic Empire" seech?

Did Eperor Palpatine's voice change during "Galactic Empire" seech?
Started by: Eddy Urquia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eddy Urquia

Did Eperor Palpatine's voice change during "Galactic Empire" seech?

Did emperor palpatine's voice seem deeper when he spoke in the senate about the new "galactic Empire?" Hells yeah!

Emperor Palpatine's voice not only sounded deeper during the "galactic empire" speech, but it sounded like it was not him entirely. Imidiately after Windu falls to his death. Anakins falls to his knees, and burned palpatine rises, when he speaks it sounded not only different, but like someone else. His voice deepens and sounds diff when he gives anakin his new designation 'Lord vader" It sounded as if it was not Ian Mcdiad actor who voices Palpatine, it also happens during "galactic Emp" speech. After these two instances, i heard his voice qiute normally.

SUPER TRIPPED OUT QUESTION: Could it have been the voice of Palpatine's former Master "Plagious" or whatever his name is. i think maybe Lucas did something here to show that palpatine's former master was within him, espacially when designating an apprentice, " darth vader" Here, palpatine's voice was different. Please go see flick 2nd or 4th time, and listen, and come back to this thread, and post your thoughts!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:16 PM
Click here to Send Eddy Urquia a Private Message Find more posts by Eddy Urquia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

he now let the darkside demons speak with him also that and his throat got fried....lol

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:22 PM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

People can make there voices deeper and sound diffrent to be more intimidating.
End of descussion.

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:24 PM
Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Dude the demon sounds coming from Palps was unnatural....either that or he had just eaten some nasty darth maul food and that was his stomache.....The pitch change was due to just getting face and throat fried.....

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:29 PM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ApolloX
People can make there voices deeper and sound diffrent to be more intimidating.
End of descussion.

End of disscussion? you own KMC?lol eek!

Its a valid claim. i noticed his voice was deeper in the same moment he named Anakin 'Vader" it went back an forth. palpatine's voice was that sweet old man's voice, BUT when he names vader it changes to a Demon voice. Then immediately, it goes back to the Original Emperor. I;m telling ya, I seen movie twice. Go , and listen. In the same moment and in same room, it goes back n forth. It's Master Plagious" voice, it's in side of him. REMBER : that when Vader throughs Emperor down death Star shaft, he explodes releasing ALL the darkness he has accumilated throughout his lifetime, in dat evil burst, was his old Master "Plagious" or watever his name is!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:31 PM
Click here to Send Eddy Urquia a Private Message Find more posts by Eddy Urquia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

Also, in "galactic Empire" speech he sounds like someone else, its not that mezmorizing voice we all know and love, it sounds like a fat frog, i swear ! I know you all are catch on to wat im saying!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:34 PM
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

Originally posted by Eddy Urquia
If your saying that because of your thread about the ARC trooper whatever thing, let me just say if you took that crap to any message board they would all say the same (maybe not TF.N considering they discuss the dumbest things there is).

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:35 PM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

Originally posted by SithKiller
Dude the demon sounds coming from Palps was unnatural....either that or he had just eaten some nasty darth maul food and that was his stomache.....The pitch change was due to just getting face and throat fried.....

No the pitch change is NOT cause of him getting fried. It sways back in forth. Its deeeoer demonic when naming Anakin, then when he htroughs over his hood, he sounds like the one we all know . go and listen, i'm correct, i tell ya. I believe it was hisold Master"plagoius" naming Anakin!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:36 PM
nazgūl-lord
Star Wars Junkie

Originally posted by Eddy Urquia

Its a valid claim. i noticed his voice was deeper in the same moment he named Anakin 'Vader" it went back an forth. palpatine's voice was that sweet old man's voice, BUT when he names vader it changes to a Demon voice. Then immediately, it goes back to the Original Emperor. I;m telling ya, I seen movie twice. Go , and listen. In the same moment and in same room, it goes back n forth. It's Master Plagious" voice, it's in side of him. REMBER : that when Vader throughs Emperor down death Star shaft, he explodes releasing ALL the darkness he has accumilated throughout his lifetime, in dat evil burst, was his old Master "Plagious" or watever his name is!

i can't believe what you are saying
it's ridiculous !

big grinExa,Sauron,Kit,A.D,Smodden,MorgulLord,Tassie,pip-foot,Discos,Leggy_N_Merry,Thorondorbig grin

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:36 PM
Click here to Send nazgūl-lord a Private Message Find more posts by nazgūl-lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

Originally posted by nazgūl-lord
i can't believe what you are saying
it's ridiculous !

Why rediculous, it is what i observed. Go to the flick, and use your ears rather than your eyes. In that one scene burned palpatine's voice sways, in that same instant, it goes from a deeper sounding, NOT A DEMON , deeper sounding and with different tone, says' you are Lord vader" I am not claiming its a deom, I am stating that it changed and when he throws over his hood in same scene, i heard it was the palpatine we all love to love. why would i state this if it was not real. I am saying that I love his voice, and I am very attaintive when he spaeaks as to hear very silable he pronounces. I love his voice! Why would i lie if I'm listening at attention and notice the above mentioned.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 07:03 PM
nazgūl-lord
Star Wars Junkie

I like his voice too
it's the assumption that it is darth plageuis' voice that's ridiculous

big grinExa,Sauron,Kit,A.D,Smodden,MorgulLord,Tassie,pip-foot,Discos,Leggy_N_Merry,Thorondorbig grin

Old Post May 21st, 2005 07:05 PM
Click here to Send nazgūl-lord a Private Message Find more posts by nazgūl-lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

In the Darth Vader naming scene the Emperor's voice changes to a deeper voice, and back to palpatine's original voice in same scene. IT IS NOT REDICULOUS. It is an ignorant point of view which cloudsyou from being able to participate in this disscussion, and provide constructive thoughts. His voice changes in Vader naming scene and the "Galactis Empire' speech. I went on to mention that perhaps it is an encarnation of palpatines former Mastter Plagiuos. Since everyine is talking about "Plagious" because Palpatine mentioned him, I thought I'd trow in my two cents. But, you get a wacko, and go Bantha on my asstrodroin!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 07:08 PM
nazgūl-lord
Star Wars Junkie

well you sure are the friendly type
i'm not looking for a fight

Old Post May 21st, 2005 07:11 PM
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

I though hard about this after I saw the movie for a second time yesterday.After MAce is thrown out of the window, Anakin says"What have I done" and then Palpatine begins to tell Anakin become my apprentice and I will teach you to stop Padme from dying. At this point Anakin pleades himself to Palpatine, but he still is unsure about what he is doing. So Palpatine makes his voice deeper and tells Anakin more about the darkside, and now he has fully turned to the darkside. This may be a bad analogy, but bear with me. IT is kind of like a snake charmer, he plays his flute and the snake rises from the little basket and starts to dance. Anakin says he will join the darkside and do anything for Palpatine if he helps Anakin save Padme, but if you llok at Anakin face and hear his voice, he is still uncertain. So Palpatine makes his voice deeper, and starts to tell Anakin about the darkside. If you notice Anakin's eyes, he looks like he is in a trance, and after Palpatine finishes telling Anakin about how the jedi betrayed him, Anakin is now on the darkside. So it is like Palpatine hynotised him with his voice, and Anakin finally turned, and it erased all the doubt in his mind. Because before after what happened to Mae and Anakin pledges himself to Palpatine, he is still upset about what he did to Mace, and after Palpatine finishes taling to him, all that uncertainty and doubt is gone.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 03:41 AM
Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Torik_Shai
Demon Pirate

During his speech to the senate, I'm pretty sure it's just his voice being projected throughout the rotunda. It does it for him in AotC too, except his voice is still normal then. But it carries the same echo-like quality.

As for the demonic sounding voice during Vader's christening, I thought it was something like all the darkside energy around them as a new Sith apprentice was born. However I also like vader519's snake charmer theory. When I go see it next time, I'll have to pay more attention to Anakin's reactions.

Thanks to Lord Tyrant for the sig!

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 04:17 AM
Click here to Send Torik_Shai a Private Message Find more posts by Torik_Shai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

At first I did not pay any attenttion to it, until this topic was brougth up on Thursday by someone else. So when I saw the movie for the second time yesterday, I payed more attention to Anakin's reactiosn during the scene.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 04:52 AM
Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ben-Kenobi

Am I The Only One That Noticed That The Lad Misspelled "Emperor" in the title.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 05:15 AM
Click here to Send Ben-Kenobi a Private Message Find more posts by Ben-Kenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Torik_Shai
Demon Pirate

He misspelled "speech" in the title too.

Thanks to Lord Tyrant for the sig!

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 05:38 AM
Click here to Send Torik_Shai a Private Message Find more posts by Torik_Shai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

I really like the way Palpatine deepned his voice during that scene, it was awesome.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 04:37 PM