KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Implied affair between Obi Wan and Padme?

Implied affair between Obi Wan and Padme?
Started by: Thumbilina

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Thumbilina

Implied affair between Obi Wan and Padme?

Hiya!! I just wanted to ask if anyone else thought that there was an implied affair between Obi Wan and Padme? When Padme's ship lands and Anakin sees Obi Wan on the deck his comments made me think that this was the real reason he was so angry with both Padme and Obi. Also, earlier in the movie when Ani asks Padme if Obi had been there with a snarl on his face. Anyone else pick up on this?? Thanks!

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 05:34 AM
Click here to Send Thumbilina a Private Message Find more posts by Thumbilina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

It's something Anakin thought, there never was an affair though.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 05:44 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I dont think he thought there was an affair going on, he just didnt like him being around her for fear of their secret. And at the end he believes that Kenobi turned her against him.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 05:46 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ben-Kenobi

Obi-Wan always knew about them really he just turned a blind eye.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 06:10 AM
Click here to Send Ben-Kenobi a Private Message Find more posts by Ben-Kenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kashmircat
can i say no?

before ep3 came out, i always thought that anakin thinking that obi-wan was having an affair with padme would have been one of the best reasons for him to go to the dark side. i'm glad the movie sort of touched on that.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 07:32 AM
Click here to Send kashmircat a Private Message Find more posts by kashmircat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Anakin should have realised that unlike himself, Obi-Wan followed the rules and kept control of his lightsaber.

Damn, that is my second dirty lightsaber joke tonight.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 07:35 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kashmircat
can i say no?

ouch...that's a very painful mental image

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 07:39 AM
Click here to Send kashmircat a Private Message Find more posts by kashmircat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Damnit, I didnt think about it like that, but now I am.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 07:42 AM
Thumbilina

Yep, I know there wasn't an affair, but the look on Ani's face made me think HE thought there was. I just thought it could have been an interesting twist to the outcome of the situation.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 03:31 PM
Click here to Send Thumbilina a Private Message Find more posts by Thumbilina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-wan2005

uh no...obi is a jedi no love remember...damn

You Were The Chosen One!

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 03:32 PM
Click here to Send Obi-wan2005 a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-wan2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chiram
Lost one.

Hardly. The only reason Anakin asks if Obi had been there was that anakin suspected Obi of checking up on his movements concerning Palpitine. And the reason it may seem like there might have been an affair was Obi cared for Anakin, and he knew that he loved Padme so he felt it right to take care of Padme too.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 03:59 PM
Click here to Send Chiram a Private Message Find more posts by Chiram Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMasterRetro

Obi Wan clearly always felt affection to Padme but not in an afair Anakin being young and naiev picked up on this affection and thought it was an affair

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 04:02 PM
Click here to Send JediMasterRetro a Private Message Find more posts by JediMasterRetro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mtryder

Anakin had become completely immune to reason by then- he probably rationalized his hatred, fear, and jealousy in such ways. He may have thought there was an affair, but the movie never gives you any reason to really think so.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 04:03 PM
Click here to Send mtryder a Private Message Find more posts by mtryder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Thumbilina
Hiya!! I just wanted to ask if anyone else thought that there was an implied affair between Obi Wan and Padme? When Padme's ship lands and Anakin sees Obi Wan on the deck his comments made me think that this was the real reason he was so angry with both Padme and Obi. Also, earlier in the movie when Ani asks Padme if Obi had been there with a snarl on his face. Anyone else pick up on this?? Thanks!

Why on earth would any one think that?? blink

now every time i see it I'm going to think of this. miffed

I don't think Uncle Gorge would put that in SW. no

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 07:47 PM
Click here to Send LightSaber_Part a Private Message Find more posts by LightSaber_Part Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

wow, sometimes I just don't understand how people can all watch the same movie and then come up with crap like this.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 07:51 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-wan2005

right on

You Were The Chosen One!

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Obi-wan2005 a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-wan2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
wow, sometimes I just don't understand how people can all watch the same movie and then come up with crap like this.

I totally agree yes

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 07:56 PM
Click here to Send LightSaber_Part a Private Message Find more posts by LightSaber_Part Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thumbilina

Wow, vicious little fan boys are we not? Maybe, my being married to a jealous man, read more into it than what there was. It was just a casual observation so I thought I would throw it out there to see what others thought. There are A LOT of deep issues in Ep III that are merely touched on and not fully explained...Palpatine "creating" Anikan, who exactly was Sideous' mentor etc.
Sorry if I ruffled feathers...my bad...<smacks own hand>

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 10:25 PM
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

its not that you can't make a case for it, its just that it is simply not there. You can say it was almost a metaphor for it....but the fact is Anakin just felt like everyone was turning against him, he felt like there was HIM, and then there was the REST OF THE GALAXY. He thought Padme was with him, but then he thought she brought Obi along to assist in stopping Anakin. Thats what happens, its whats on screen. Now if you want to say its like an emotional affair that ANAKIN saw was there...well thats totally subjective and all we can say is we don't think so.

And it has nothing to do with being a fan boy and everything to do with being an "active" or observant viewer whose paying attention.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 03:38 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Anakin yet again had misplaced hate.

He hated Obi because he thought Padme was pregnant with his children.

They're really Mace's kidz! BOOYAH!

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 04:12 AM
Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote