KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Palpatines Mentor, Anakin the Fool!

Palpatines Mentor, Anakin the Fool!
Started by: Robin Darkside

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Palpatines Mentor, Anakin the Fool!

Ok, apparently in the novel, it confirms that Plageus is Palpatines master, so this is assumed. Palpatine kills him in his sleep after Plageus told him everything. During the scene where the Plageus legend is told, Anakin is not aware that Palpatine is the former apprentice of Plageus, but he knows the Legend. Therefore, Anakin knows that Plageus found a way to prevent death, and everything he learned was told to his former apprentice. So, his apprentice should know how to prevent death.

Well, at this point it is obvious that Palpatine is lying to Anakin so he can lure him to the darkside later in the movie.

Now, during the scene where Anakin finds out that Palpatine is the Sith Lord that they were looking for, he figures out that Palpatine must be the former apprentice of Plageus (assuming he figured that out). So, therefore Anakin should now know that Palpatine should be able to prevent death already.

So, at this point, Anakin knows that the legend isn't entirely true, because if Plageus can prevent death then Palpatine should already know. So, Anakin caught him in a lie.

So, my opinion is that Anakin is a fool to beleive that he can find a way to save Padme. But he thinks that there may be a chance. What makes Anakin believe anything of what Palpatine said about the darkside of the force is true. It could be impossible to prevent death. How can Anakin trust him about anything from then on.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 12:10 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

If I remember correctly, Palpatine says he KNOWS how to do it but was never actually able to ACHIVE it. He said that he needed Anakin's help to do it.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 12:12 AM
Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, Anakin may think that Palpatine doesn;t even know how to do it. The trust relationship was broken when he converted to the darkside. At this point its to late for Anakin and he must continue with the darkside. He was a fool to believe so, but do they ever actually acheive it, even in OT?

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 12:22 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

When he finds out Palpatine is sith, Palpatine tells Anakin he is the only way to save his wife from certain death.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 12:35 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then Palpatine wasn't lying to Anakin about anything

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 12:43 AM
Morgoths_Wrath

dingdingdingdingding! we have a winnar!

Old Post May 24th, 2005 12:55 AM
Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
dingdingdingdingding! we have a winnar!

wow, your cool

Anyway did they ever acheive it?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 01:11 AM
Morgoths_Wrath

not that I know of, but I highly doubt it. I think that after Padme dies Vader pretty much gives up and devotes his life to Palpatine until he (palp) tries to kill Luke.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 01:13 AM
Hazardous

anakin didnt really seem like he wanted to join palpatine....that was cool to see...until he has nothing left....

Old Post May 24th, 2005 01:16 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MAUL IS GOD

no he wanted to join after that because he really had no choice at all and he wanted revenge on obi wan still

Old Post May 24th, 2005 01:16 AM
Click here to Send MAUL IS GOD a Private Message Find more posts by MAUL IS GOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

Originally posted by Mist
anakin didnt really seem like he wanted to join palpatine....that was cool to see...until he has nothing left....

I think that deep down he really didn't. He cared so much about Padme that he was willing to do anything to prevent her death. I also think that once Mace is killed he realizes that he's in deep sh*t and the only thing he can really do is obey Palpatine as his new master, and do everything he tells him to do, just so that he might have the chance to save the one person he really loves.

I also think that after he officially became Darth Vader the dark side really started to blind him, and he was overwhelmed by his passion and drove him to be a killer, and caused him to even make attempt on taking Padme’s life…which he is then told that he actually did.

Last edited by Morgoths_Wrath on May 24th, 2005 at 01:21 AM

Old Post May 24th, 2005 01:19 AM
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MAUL IS GOD
no he wanted to join after that because he really had no choice at all and he wanted revenge on obi wan still

Quote Yoda:

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"

Old Post May 24th, 2005 01:22 AM
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
I think that deep down he really didn't. He cared so much about Padme that he was willing to do anything to prevent her death. I also think that once Mace is killed he realizes that he's in deep sh*t and the only thing he can really do is obey Palpatine as his new master, and do everything he tells him to do, just so that he might have the chance to save the one person he really loves.

I also think that after he officially became Darth Vader the dark side really started to blind him, and he was overwhelmed by his passion and drove him to be a killer, and caused him to even make attempt on taking Padme’s life…which he is then told that he actually did.

yeah, cutting maces hand off really was the truning point, there's no going back after that

Old Post May 24th, 2005 01:24 AM