KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Mace vs Palps

Mace vs Palps
Started by: ShotgunWes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ShotgunWes
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mace vs Palps

Was anyone else a little let down from that duel?
It seemed really too slow, like even slower than Obi vs Vader in a New Hope.

If you don't like me... **** You

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:35 AM
Click here to Send ShotgunWes a Private Message Find more posts by ShotgunWes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I thought it had a good pace, but I think because of the way Mace kicked Palps down, everyone assumed that Mace was better. Not so, he was merely setting Anakin up and they didn't show that well enough.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:46 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

i still think mace owned palp while they were fighting. palps would have been lying when he was on the floor, but i doubt he was faking during the saber fight.

the only thing i didnt like was the fact we couldnt see a damn thing what they were doing from the zooming in.

ps. theres a few other threads on this topic wink

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:52 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I don't think Mace owned him. Palps knew that Anakin was going to come to his rescue, so he just didn't fight as hard as he did with Yoda. Yoda he was trying to kill, but Yoda is too smart

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:53 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mist
the only thing i didnt like was the fact we couldnt see a damn thing what they were doing from the zooming in.

Yeah hate to say it but Ian looked like an ass when he was holding a lightsaber. Though he looked fine against Yoda, I guess those exagerated expressions fit his Emperor face better than his real face.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:55 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
I don't think Mace owned him. Palps knew that Anakin was going to come to his rescue, so he just didn't fight as hard as he did with Yoda. Yoda he was trying to kill, but Yoda is too smart

No, I think that Mace really was more powerful than Palpatine anticipated. That scene really showed how powerful Mace was, I thought it was excellent.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:56 AM
Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I agree, Palps underestimated Mace, but at the same time, wasn't worried if he lost because he had Vader ready to show up

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:57 AM
Morgoths_Wrath

Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
I agree, Palps underestimated Mace, but at the same time, wasn't worried if he lost because he had Vader ready to show up

But you have to remember that Anakin was the one that told Mace about Palpatine being the Sith Lord. Sure, Anakin changed his mind and went to help him, but don’t you think Palpatine was a LITTLE worried that Anakin didn’t buy into his crap and that he really turned him in?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

i dont know what people mean when they say "it was too slow, like battles from the OT"

this is my second fav duel of all the duels. it was amazing, i love palps style...

'The Duel' was the best
Mace vs Palps was next
after that I'd have to say the Duel of Fates

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post May 24th, 2005 04:28 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote