KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Truth about Palpatine

Truth about Palpatine
Started by: Robin Darkside

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Truth about Palpatine

OK, Plageus was Palpatines apprentice and Palpatine had killed him in his sleep. Plageus had taught Palpatine everything about the force including how to prevent death, ironicallly everyone but himself. Palpatine knows about how to prevent death but does not know how to actually acheive it. He needs Anakin's help in order to acheive it. Therefore he never lied to Anakin about being able to save Padme.

Now, when Padme died, Palpatine nor Vader knew that she survived to have kids and it was kept a secret between Obiwan and Yoda. In the orginal trilogy Obi wan says, "if Palpatine knew if Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him". So, Palpatine not knowing about the kids and that she survived is verified.

After she died Anakin didn't care about learning how to prevent death from then on. So, it must be impossible to bring someone back from the dead after they died, otherwise Anakin would try to learn it through the darkside. So, only to prevent death is possible. Palpatine got his way regardless if she survived or didn't.
This is what I can actually understand what happens, it open to others...

Old Post May 24th, 2005 05:37 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman316
The True Batman

Plageus was Palpatines apprentice

that was where I stopped reading this rubbish

Old Post May 24th, 2005 06:16 AM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

rubbish?

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:29 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes...rubbish...cause it should've been the other way around

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:31 AM
Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redux

I think you just got the words mixed up...Palpatine would have been the apprentice.

I was wondering if this was true? Or just speculation. I couldn't tell by the way Sidious was saying it if he was Plaguss's student or not.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:33 AM
Click here to Send redux a Private Message Find more posts by redux Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Palpatine never says he was Plagueis's apprentice but I think it was definitely implied...

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:37 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well the people who read the novel said Palpatine was Plageus's apprentice. it said the the novel. yes the words got mixed around

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:41 AM
redux

I suppose it is more than possible. But what kind of threw me off was that Sidious referred to it as the "Tragedy of Darth Plageus". Making it seem like some kind of lore...

But then again who's to say how old Palpatine is, I guess. Maybe he's been using the "life" trick for thousands of years...

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:45 AM
Click here to Send redux a Private Message Find more posts by redux Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, some people think he's old and that after the Mace messing up his face could have been revealing his true form, rather than him becoming that way

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:48 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

well, Sidious obviously knows how to prolong his own life, since Ian McDiarmid says that Palpatine was 126 when he died (which means he was 90 at the time of the phantom menace!!!). which if true and considering that it's implied that Plaguies knew how to cheat death better than Sidious. It's possible (however, unlikely) that Paguies' master could have been Darth Bane.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:51 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redux

I thought maybe the "nice" face was just a facade and that he was using all the power available to him to keep Mace from killing him, so he needed the power he was using to keep his "nice" face on to save his own life. After that he didn't need to hide it anymore.

Or he was acting like he was using all his power, whatever...

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:52 AM
redux

Darth Bane...is that from eu? Never heard of the guy, but I could have missed it.

Tell me more of this Darth Bane...

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:54 AM
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

If he was 106 years old, then the lighting most definetly messed up his face. He looked pretty good for that age, if its true

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:54 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

according to all official sources, his lack of pigment and deformaties are related to lightning melting his flesh and bone, NOT to and kind of sith cloaking techniques.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 08:01 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

ok...i bought a ep3 magazine today... this is what it says about palpatines face once and for all

"Mace pushes Palpatine out to the edge of the ledge, and as the Jedi moves closer, the bolts of lightning begin to arch back towards the Sith Lord. Palpatine's face begins to twist and distort, and his eyes become yellow as he struggles to intensify his powers."

A cross between getting zapped and using the darkside.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:27 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

So according to that Magazine, if he's struggling to intensify his powers, that would mean he was not faking it. That will pose a problem with some people. But, its possible

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:35 AM
Hazardous

well if you think differently sue the makers of it.

[edit]

Star Wars: The Official Magazine
Vol 1 No. 57 Summer 2005

take it how you will...

Last edited by Hazardous on May 24th, 2005 at 10:53 AM

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:46 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thats interesting, I will take that into consideration

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:56 AM
ayjay
Psycho....

is palps new voice like that the whole time..and he was just putting on the nice voice...or does his voice chnage as a result of his face melting away?

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post May 24th, 2005 12:20 PM
Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote