KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Yet another "Anakin's origin" thread: Official word from Lucas (apparently)

Yet another "Anakin's origin" thread: Official word from Lucas (apparently)
Started by: SixOfTwelve

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SixOfTwelve
Blue Elephant Muppet

Yet another "Anakin's origin" thread: Official word from Lucas (apparently)

First of all, apologies for starting yet another thread with that theme, but I really didn't want to tack this onto the end of five pages of heated discussion...

http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/php...opic.php?t=4826

Anyone have that issue of Rolling Stone and can confirm if this is actually said by Lucas or by the interviewer?

quote:
"Now there's a hint in the movie that there was a Sith lord who had the power to create life. But it's left unsaid: Is Anakin a product of a super-Sith who influenced the midichlorians to create him, or is he simply created by the midichlorians to bring forth a prophecy, or was he created by the Force through the midichlorians? It's left up to the audience to decide. How he was born ultimately has no relationship to how he dies, because in the end, the prophecy is true: Balance comes back to the Force."

In other words, we can debate until the cows come home, it's up to our personal point of view. Thanks, George. mad

Old Post May 25th, 2005 01:36 AM
Click here to Send SixOfTwelve a Private Message Find more posts by SixOfTwelve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

I actually prefer this....there'll still be some mystery in the good ole' SW Universe....

Old Post May 25th, 2005 01:41 AM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

screw that...GL needs to say by the end of the new tv series

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post May 25th, 2005 02:09 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

YAY! Thank you George! The smartest thing you've ever said!

That means... I'M RIGHT!

I told you all that George doesn't know what the hell he's doing... wink

Old Post May 25th, 2005 06:24 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gord

geeze you star wars fans are unbelievable. I've heard everyone get mad because he spells everything out, now he leaves a few things kind of open to personal interpretation and we get "screw that...GL needs to say by the end of the new tv series" - star wars fans are the worst

Old Post May 25th, 2005 06:44 AM
Click here to Send Gord a Private Message Find more posts by Gord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth MoonPIE
DarkYoda's Lover

k... 'you star wars fans' means that you aren't one right? Then why come here and flame? You really that bored?

Old Post May 25th, 2005 08:25 AM
Click here to Send Darth MoonPIE a Private Message Find more posts by Darth MoonPIE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

Man, I like that second guy's avatar....

MF has the sexiest avatars.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 11:15 AM
Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gord

I'm a star wars fan, but I'm not as bad as some of the guys on here. And if I wanted to flame, I'd post in any of the topics on this board because someone will bring up an idea and everyone will flame them. They're movies, George Lucas is just a guy, you guys need to get over yourselves

Old Post May 25th, 2005 12:02 PM
Click here to Send Gord a Private Message Find more posts by Gord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ayjay
Psycho....

i highly doubt that all these haters would do a better job of producing.directing a movie legend like star wars....i know i wouldnt be able to...so hats off to GL

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post May 25th, 2005 12:33 PM
Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tpaquin
Man, I like that second guy's avatar....

MF has the sexiest avatars.

big grin that's my avatar

Old Post May 25th, 2005 09:08 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

HAHAHAHAHHAHAH
I didn't notice...

Old Post May 26th, 2005 12:38 AM
Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Torik_Shai
Demon Pirate

I like that explanation. So maybe the Sith decided they could make an extrememly powerful Jedi and trick the Order into believing he was the chosen one of the prophecy, but in doing so, all they did was actually fulfill the prophecy because that's how he was supposed to be created all along. It's like something out of the Twilight Zone. That's awesome, and it really makes you think.

Thanks to Lord Tyrant for the sig!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 12:59 AM
Click here to Send Torik_Shai a Private Message Find more posts by Torik_Shai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
YAY! Thank you George! The smartest thing you've ever said!

That means... I'M RIGHT!

I told you all that George doesn't know what the hell he's doing... wink

laughing

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:06 AM
Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I wouldn't throw out the notion that Shmi Skywalker was pimped by Watto, and was just too damn ashamed to admit it.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:12 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aulcarde

Lucas wanted him to look like christ, He was create by an unforseen force, to bring balance to the force! Thats the only thing I could figure!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 02:32 AM
Click here to Send Aulcarde a Private Message Find more posts by Aulcarde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote