KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » there WILL be more star wars movies....from a certain point of view

there WILL be more star wars movies....from a certain point of view
Started by: bigsef2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bigsef2

there WILL be more star wars movies....from a certain point of view

Aside from the obscene amounts of money involved, the way lucas left so many mysteries in EPIII leads me to beleive two possibilies.

the main mysteries i speak of revolve around darth plageus, sifo dyas, qui-gon jinn, and anakins birth. there is no good reason, from a movie-making point of view to RAISE NEW QUESTIONS in episode III without answering them, let alone answer the question around who sifo dyas is in EPII. sure, it could be explained in a book, but great movies dont leave the books for explainations.

Here are the 3 possibilities:

1. Lucas plans on atleast 3 more movies. they would be set before episode I.

2. Lucas plans on creating "ultimate editions" of all 6 movies and re-releasing them in theatres at some point in the future. He would do small things to make the movies more interconnected, but mainly, he would add scenes in episodes II, and IV-VI which answer the questions around sifo-dyas, qui-gon jinn, darth plageus, and anakins birth.

in my opinion, #3 is the only real possiblity. from a continuity standpoint EPII is awkward b/c you saw sidious all throughout EPI and III, but he's absent until the end of EPII. it doesnt make sense. then, if the saga is really about ANAKIN SKYWALKER, not luke, we need ALOT more scenes of vader and the emperor in episodes IV-VI.

this would be really easy. you can stick anyone in a vader suit, and ian mcdirmid has aged and can play an EPIV-VI emperor easily. we already got a taste of this in the ESB DVD with the additional vader/emperor conversation.

but whatever lucas does, star wars is not over, there are new MOVIE experiences to come.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 02:42 AM
Click here to Send bigsef2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

i shall agree

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post May 25th, 2005 03:03 AM
Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jayd265
Cajun Jedi

i hope ur right. i would actually prefer seeing either more footage in ep I-VI and making the movies how lucas really wants them without worrying about time. make them 4 hours long for all the fans. i would like to see that or a pre prequel. like seeing plagesis and qui gon in more action or something of that sort. it'd be interesting.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 03:03 AM
Click here to Send Jayd265 a Private Message Find more posts by Jayd265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

...what?

What questions?

Old Post May 25th, 2005 03:04 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

sifo dyas was already answered wasnt it confused ?

Old Post May 25th, 2005 03:15 AM
Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TX!
judgement day will come!

i hope so as well..but i dunno

Old Post May 25th, 2005 03:27 AM
Click here to Send TX! a Private Message Find more posts by TX! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dealwatjins

Peter Jackson has royally messed up the movie industry!!!!!!!I cannot believe that people think that Lucas isn't done with this! Just accept the fact that if you want more Star Wars, you will either have to read a book, wacth the tv shows, or watch the movies. There is going to be a extened director's cut like LotR! What youhave see is what it is....no more no less

Old Post May 25th, 2005 03:35 AM
Click here to Send dealwatjins a Private Message Find more posts by dealwatjins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

dealwatjins: im sure you like to make money, think about this for a sec, who in the right mind would put on the shelf a phenom that makes $300 million in one weekend? If i was the owner of FOX, i would make sure that i suck as much money out of it and give the people what they want.

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post May 25th, 2005 03:38 AM
Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dealwatjins

FYI.....I do not work....i have no need to....I am not rich...Money means nothing to me.....However, What I bring in I spend on stuff that I need, and what is left over i spend on little things that makes me happy. Now with that said i wouldn't know what it would be like to own a company that makes that much money. But what i do know is that Star wars has been apart of my life since I was little. I am as die hard a fan as they come, but I can also accept the fact that what Lucas has put out on film and what he has changed is a great piece of work. If you what to talk about money, why would he what to go through the hassle of making another movie, or 3, when he can have someone write a book or put it on tv and still make billions. He did that for twenty some odd years before making the PT. Talk about 4hr long dvds and ultimate editions is just absurd. Peter Jackson has made people what more from a movie that can be allowed. LotR was the exception because it tried to stay true to the book. Star wars isn't like that. Get over it Lucas is done.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 03:54 AM
Click here to Send dealwatjins a Private Message Find more posts by dealwatjins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Re: there WILL be more star wars movies....from a certain point of view

nah.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:01 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

In 20 years or so after Lucas is gone, I think his kids might ultimately be interested in possibly adding to the franchise with more films. Will this actually happen? I guess we will have to wait those 20+ plus years before we find out.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:22 AM
Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Re: Re: there WILL be more star wars movies....from a certain point of view

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mist
nah.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:27 AM
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Only time will tell.....

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:30 AM
Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dealwatjins

Star wars will live on in comics, books, clothes, tv shows....no more new movies.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:38 AM
Hazardous

Originally posted by dealwatjins
Star wars will live on in comics, books, clothes, tv shows....no more new movies.

now this guy knows what hes talking about....

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:43 AM
dealwatjins

Hey....I calls 'em likes I sees 'em

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:46 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Re: Re: there WILL be more star wars movies....from a certain point of view

Originally posted by Mist
nah.
well said.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 06:17 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth MoonPIE
DarkYoda's Lover

You DO NOT know, like the other one said.. only time will tell.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 08:28 AM
Click here to Send Darth MoonPIE a Private Message Find more posts by Darth MoonPIE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dealwatjins

No i'm pretty sure the man is done with movies....

Old Post May 25th, 2005 12:30 PM
Hazardous

how many times does lucas have to say NO MORE MOVIES?

Old Post May 25th, 2005 12:42 PM