KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Did Geaorge Lucas take ideas from the Lost in Space Movie?

Did Geaorge Lucas take ideas from the Lost in Space Movie?
Started by: Eddy Urquia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eddy Urquia

Did Geaorge Lucas take ideas from the Lost in Space Movie?

In RotS, george Lucas , or his designers, seem to be viewing a lot of sci-fi dvd's before deciding on the choices for conceptual desings for his ships and characters. For instance, in Lost in Space the movie, at the beggining Major west is flying in a bubble pod fighter that is similar to Mr. Lucas's trade federation bubble fighter in RotS. take a look at both of them , although different, they are both glass bubble cocpits. Also, in that same scene, Major West's partner is experiencing enginge failure in his bubble fighter and is gliding towards impacting with a station, like Obiwan gliding helplessly towards Greivous's ship. Even worse, Major west bumps his partners bubble fighter in order for him not to collide with space station, Anakin also bumps Obiwan as to help him clear the closing airlosks. Another interesting theft of ideas from Lost in Space the movie to RotS is the character of Prof smith. remeber when Prof Smith was bitten by space spiders and he later turns into some spider being that HAS FOUR HANDS, like General Greivous has four hands. Also, the Robbison's young boy "Will Robbison" was a smart cute kid that could build things like when the ships robot was destroyed he saved its brain and built it a new body...hmmmml....Like young Anakin builds and repairs?
ONE FINAL NOTE: This bit of information is the most detrimental and undermining for the claim that Lucas stole a lot of ideas from Lost in Space the movie! Well, lost in Space the movie came out two yrs prior to Phantom Mence. Also. note: those who would like to take the opposite position could debate the date of these movies release to figure who was stealing whoms ideas.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 02:33 AM
Click here to Send Eddy Urquia a Private Message Find more posts by Eddy Urquia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Maybe, maybe not.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 02:33 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

i thorght he copied the matrix movies

Old Post May 25th, 2005 12:16 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Know it was inspired on Hidden Fortress by Akira Toriyama,or at least i thought so.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 12:23 PM
Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lucas got ideas from everything, in OT and PT. its nothing new

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 12:29 PM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brendy
Impressive

i heard he got his ideas from a fortune cookie and a magic 8-ball.

"Luke! Take A Puff On One Of These Giant Cigarettes"

Old Post May 25th, 2005 01:45 PM
Click here to Send brendy a Private Message Find more posts by brendy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Of course they did. And so did Star Trek. ST took the transporter from Buck Rogers. The cast even said Lucas took from other sci-fi movies.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 02:17 PM
Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

He used the chosen drink to guide him....

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post May 25th, 2005 02:19 PM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowKing
Fallen Jedi

ahem...every science fiction movie since 1977 owes every penny it ever made to Lucas...he opened the door to all of the fantasy films made since...and I believe ILM, Skywalker Sound, and other divisions of Lucasfilm have worked on just about every huge sci-fi fantasy film since (exception of LOTR trilogy)

Lost in Space! Are you screwing with us!

Custom Sig courtesy of Ast!

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:08 PM
Click here to Send ShadowKing a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

He stole John Williams from Lost in Space. That was Williams' first major job.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:30 PM
Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShadowKing
ahem...every science fiction movie since 1977 owes every penny it ever made to Lucas...he opened the door to all of the fantasy films made since...and I believe ILM, Skywalker Sound, and other divisions of Lucasfilm have worked on just about every huge sci-fi fantasy film since (exception of LOTR trilogy)

Lost in Space! Are you screwing with us!

Dude are you for real! you teloling me every space fantasy is George Lucas's exclusive province. You are not very smart. It is clear that the movie Lost in Space came out in 1998 and Phantom mence 1999, and Rots 2005...so i noted the moments where Lucas clearly stole ideas from. In Rots anakin bunps Obiwans slapceship in order to save him. In Lost in Space MOVIE 1998 major west bumps his budies pod fighter in order to save him from a collisin similar to Obiwan. I noted the similarity with the spider bitten Prof. Smith, and end of the movie he reviels his new self as a Spider like creature that opens up and expands into four armed creature. I noted youg Wil Robison's similarity to young anakin skywalker and their shared ability to function with tech stuff and biuld a robot . remeber Wil Robison save Robots brain and builds a new Robot, Danger Danger! Anakin in Phantom Menace builds C3po. TOO CLOSE TO CALL MY ASStrodroid. He took from these films, clearly. And you my frien seem too ignorant avout ,not only the subject/topic, that I believe that it has clouded your vision my friend. " Now, go to the command ship and await my orders"(Ep, VI) You say lucas should be given all credit, and it is everyone else who copies him and takes from his ideas? No one else is creative? LotR Gollum..."Thief, thief..he stole it from us. He stole the//precious"

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:33 AM
Click here to Send Eddy Urquia a Private Message Find more posts by Eddy Urquia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Perhaps... but Lucas' execution was WAY better. I saw Lost In Space ONCE. I haven't watched it since. It was a crappy movie (imo). I'd have to watch it again to fully realize what you are saying.

What I'm surprised no one has brought up is the similarity between General Grievous and Doctor Octopus. Both have 4 mechanical arms.

If I remember right though, didn't Lost In Space have a countdown sequence? A New Hope was THE movie that popularized the countdown sequence.

And Lucas ripping people off... nothing new. Luke Skywalker was originally going to be a little person. You know... like FRODO BAGGINS! laughing

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:37 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Doc Ock would Own Grevious.

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:39 AM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

I wonder if Grievous would have faired better against Obi-Wan if his lung had not been crushed by Mace Windu.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:43 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Lost In Space isn't even as good as Pauly Shore. That's how rubbish it is.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:50 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

This is my fault, he won't stop..

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:52 AM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

No, I'll stop. I cast Pauly Shore to the darkside of the moon. Be gone with him!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:54 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote