KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » NO non digital theatres!

NO non digital theatres!
Started by: Robin Darkside

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

NO non digital theatres!

I have watched Star Wars twice on the big digital screen (DTS), It was awesome. Yesterday I saw it again on the regular film screen, man was it crappy. I could barely hear what they're saying, or even hear a lightsaber, when compared to a digital screen. In my city they got 2 theatres and play it on 2 screens each. only one screen for each theatre was digital.

I strongly think that this movie should not be allowed to play on those regular screens. It totollay takes out what the movie is all about, visuals and sound is key to this film.

It was so bad I could hear the film projector clicking away. On the digital people could be talking behind you and you can barely hear them. The mood of the film is on a basis of how loud and great the sound is. I was upset walking out of the regular screen, and so so very happy to have watched the film for the first time on a great quality DTS screen.

If you haven't watched the film (though most people here did) Do not watch it on those cheap regular weak screens..

Old Post May 24th, 2005 09:56 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jon84
Secret Asian Man

I agree with you, the film was meant to be seen in digital. I've seen it twice now and digital totally blow regular film out of the water...

BOYCOTT CELLULOID/FILM VERSION!!! unless you have no choice then by all means watch the film version, the movie still rocks but... rolling on floor laughing

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:04 AM
Click here to Send jon84 a Private Message Find more posts by jon84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes, thank you,

please forgive my bitterness, But it makes me so mad that people do not experience the whole star wars effect where sound is so important. As I said it affects the mood of the movie. I doubt anyone in the regular screen had any feeling at all (Order 66, Padme, etc) during the film.

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:09 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

did anyone who's seen both versions notice any differences in content between the digital and celuloid versions?? interested to know if you have

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:12 PM
Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SithSpy
did anyone who's seen both versions notice any differences in content between the digital and celuloid versions?? interested to know if you have

What do you mean by content? like what was in the movie?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:15 PM
wuk es't
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:18 PM
Click here to Send wuk es't a Private Message Find more posts by wuk es't Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was the exact same movie, the celluloid just had horrible sound

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:20 PM
ccoo

I interested in seeing the digital version. Is it true that they show Yoda going to Dagobah in that version, or is it the same as the projector version.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:20 PM
Click here to Send ccoo a Private Message Find more posts by ccoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh my god

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:21 PM
Classic_Peach

The way of the digital is suppose to be cost saving because there is no film being delivered at the theater. So why wasn't the savings past on to the customer?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Classic_Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Classic_Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

The normal and digital versions of Episode II were different in minor ways, and I hear it's the same with Episode III. What exactly are the changes to the digital EpIII?

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post May 24th, 2005 05:41 PM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

Yeah thats what i was asking earlier, apparently the digital versions dont have to be finished untill just before the movie is released whereas the celluloid versions have to be out a few months before to be copied and cut, so some edits would be made/left in after the celluloid was put out

Old Post May 24th, 2005 08:02 PM
Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

This has been discussed before. I have seen both...and there are NO DIFFERENCES between DLP and Celluloid...I sent this into TF.N and they posted that as well.

However...Robin, you did not see this in DLP. You saw it with digital sound (DTS = Digital Theatrical Sound)...meaning the audio is on a CD in sync with the film. The picture is projected from celluloid.

Sadly though, you are right. The analog sound mix on the celluoid is terrible. Low levels on music and dialogue...terrible presentation.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 09:36 PM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hazkid

i understand...but i have to drive 3 hours to get to a digital theater.

More funny Star Wars Pics!My Site!

Old Post May 25th, 2005 12:08 AM
Click here to Send hazkid a Private Message Find more posts by hazkid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

It would take about 5 hours for me to get to he closest digital theater.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 12:11 AM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

Well worth the trip....if you are to see ANY film digital...this is it!!

Old Post May 25th, 2005 01:00 AM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

I'm in Kansas, and as far as I know, there are NO digital theaters here.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post May 25th, 2005 01:04 AM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

Originally posted by tlbauerle
Well worth the trip....if you are to see ANY film digital...this is it!!
I would, but I can't seem to find anyone willing to take me.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 01:11 AM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic_Peach

Originally posted by Classic_Peach
The way of the digital is suppose to be cost saving because there is no film being delivered at the theater. So why wasn't the savings past on to the customer?

I guess everyone here is to young to understand my question sad

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:53 PM
Click here to Send Classic_Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Classic_Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

no not to young i think you ? just got lost. The savings arent passed on b/c a theater is not going to alter their pricing structure for that one screen, also the film itself is cheaper but the projection equip is much much more expensive. Also let's be honest, the theater industry is the same group that charges 7.50 for .25 worth of popcorn, they are looking for ways to increase their revenue not decrease our cost

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:57 PM