KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » i got a question

Who is the better fighter?
This poll is closed.
Darth Vader (before burned) 28 100.00%
Darth Vader (after burned and in suit) 0 0%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

i got a question
Started by: spencerspider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

i got a question

my dad saw episode 3 and we got into an arguement.he said that darth vader was stronger in fighting after he got burned then before.i said it was before he got burnt he was stronger,what is it?

Old Post May 29th, 2005 10:37 PM
Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I think before, cause after it, he's "more machine now than human". It would normally limit his movements

Old Post May 29th, 2005 10:40 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

k thx ill show my dad that he is wrong

Old Post May 29th, 2005 10:46 PM
Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

He is a crippled man with life support. of coarse he's weaker.

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post May 29th, 2005 10:48 PM
Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

Before

F**k you Loggins

Old Post May 29th, 2005 10:50 PM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
adele2k5

isn't it obvious that he will be weaken after suffering from severe burns and having his limps cut off having his lungs removed and a machine breathing for him that he is alot weaker than before that is why he couldn't over throw palpatine. thats why Vader trys to use Luke to over throw palpatine

Old Post May 29th, 2005 10:51 PM
Click here to Send adele2k5 a Private Message Find more posts by adele2k5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Yoda
The One and Only

in the suit he is stronger with the force, but with a lightsaber normal anakin is better.

sig by Ast Rofan "Remember the 18th!!! Remember the 4th!!! Remember the Grill!!!"

Old Post May 29th, 2005 10:52 PM
Click here to Send Lord Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

Tell your dad that George Lucas himself said that Vader was stronger with the force before he was injured. GL even said he would've been like twice as powerful as the emperor if he hadn't gotten his limbs cut off. Now, he's about 20% less powerful than the emperor. He's still strong as hell with the force, just not as much as he would've been. Losing limbs means you also lose the cells from those limbs, which means the amount of midichlorians within your body lessens. I wish i had a giant reference book for all these things GL has said in random places so I could quote him exactly, but he did say it.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 10:52 PM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Yoda
in the suit he is stronger with the force, but with a lightsaber normal anakin is better.

I think he is actually all around stronger at the time of THE DUEL.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 10:53 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Yoda
The One and Only

probably, now that i have a better perspective about it

sig by Ast Rofan "Remember the 18th!!! Remember the 4th!!! Remember the Grill!!!"

Old Post May 29th, 2005 10:54 PM
Click here to Send Lord Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Had he not been f'd up he would have learned to use lightning, but cant in the suit.

Besides you probably lose midis when you lose limbs. stick out tongue

Old Post May 29th, 2005 10:56 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Wow, this is a rout. I have never seen a poll so lopsided.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 10:57 PM
Texansfan05
Jedi Knight

I think the suit weakened his skill's with the force and with a lightsaber. However I believe he became a smarter fighter in his later year's in the Luke VS Vader fight ESB Vader in one scene used the force alone to overpower Luke I think Vader pre suit was so arrogant he wouldn't have thought of that.

sig by Ast

Old Post May 29th, 2005 10:57 PM
Click here to Send Texansfan05 a Private Message Find more posts by Texansfan05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Yoda
The One and Only

good point yes

Old Post May 29th, 2005 11:01 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by Texansfan05
I think the suit weakened his skill's with the force and with a lightsaber. However I believe he became a smarter fighter in his later year's in the Luke VS Vader fight ESB Vader in one scene used the force alone to overpower Luke I think Vader pre suit was so arrogant he wouldn't have thought of that.

True, he probably had to be smarter to overcome his handicap. So instead brute force he had to be strategic.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 11:10 PM
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

well, in the suit, he'd be without the heart and compassion that he once had. he's just a cold, limbless guy afterwards. he's obviously stronger with the darkside in the suit, but right when he turned to the darkside, along with his saber skills he's more powerful.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 12:23 AM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
POWJ

Yes kermzike is correct Lucas did say that but he also said that the Emporer was dissapointed cause mechanical Vader is not what he was expecting. It made anakin much weaker than he would have been. That is why the emporer wanted Luke so bad Cause he had more potential than mechanical Vader.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 12:28 AM
Click here to Send POWJ a Private Message Find more posts by POWJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by POWJ
Yes kermzike is correct Lucas did say that but he also said that the Emporer was dissapointed cause mechanical Vader is not what he was expecting. It made anakin much weaker than he would have been. That is why the emporer wanted Luke so bad Cause he had more potential than mechanical Vader.

He may have been dissapointed, but he was probably happy since Vader could no longer overthrow him.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 12:30 AM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

lol...this pole is a little one-sided id say..

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post May 30th, 2005 12:34 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

Ah, good point. because he had to consider that possibility when since he knew that Vader would've been stronger than him eventually. He's like, "Well, he's not going to be as strong as I originally hoped, but he'll be strong enough... plus, I can destroy him if he ever decides to turn on me. Sweet deal!"

Old Post May 30th, 2005 12:35 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote