KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Stupid Theory (Potential Spoilers)

Stupid Theory (Potential Spoilers)
Started by: §pearhead

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spearhead
Prophet

Stupid Theory (Potential Spoilers)

As most of us know, what ultimately turns Anakin to the darkside is his fear of losing Padme--a fear that he learned would come true during his dream-vision there.

Nooooooooow, here's my idea. Padme ultimately dies from a broken heart, because Anakin turned to the darkside to save her. Is is possible for Sidious to have somehow implanted this vision into Anakin's head and have him think he'll lose her if he continues his life with the Jedi, when in truth the vision comes true only when he makes his decision to swith to the Dark Side?

A tad silly, yes...but it popped in my head.

I'm a signature!

Old Post May 30th, 2005 05:18 AM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Yoda
The One and Only

that is very possible

sig by Ast Rofan "Remember the 18th!!! Remember the 4th!!! Remember the Grill!!!"

Old Post May 30th, 2005 05:48 AM
Click here to Send Lord Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArynCrinn

It could be possible
Palpatine was very good at lying.
I think Palpatine made it all up about darth plageuis' abilities.
That was just to get anakin to join him...
Why else would he say to anakin something along the lines of "together we will be able to achieve this power" even though...supposedly his master taught him everything he knew...
Palpatine is a MASTER of deception and pursuasion, that is what made him such a good politician

Old Post May 30th, 2005 06:37 AM
Click here to Send ArynCrinn a Private Message Find more posts by ArynCrinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Considering he knew of Anakin's vision without being told. confused

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 06:39 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArynCrinn

Very good point there astrofan!

Old Post May 30th, 2005 06:46 AM
Click here to Send ArynCrinn a Private Message Find more posts by ArynCrinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

I would say it's more likely that Palpatine knew about it because he also forsaw it and/or sensed it in Anakin. It is possible that Palpatine simply forsaw it/sensed it and used it his advantage, or he may have forsaw it and then planted the vision into his head.

I think either of those is more likely than his simply making it up to begin with because if you watch the vision in Anakin's dream, it is very accurate to the actual events. It is unlikely that Palpatine simply invented a vision and placed it into Anakin's mind only to have not only the general but also specific details of the event actually take place.

If I were to offer my opinion it would be that Palpatine sensed it in Anakin and possibly forsaw it himself. Remember that it is a vision of the future. It does not matter what events take place in between a vision and an event to arrive at that event; the vision transcends the details and skips right to the event. It is like looking at a DVD scene selection menu that shows short snippets of the scenes that are selectable. It doesn't matter what happens in scenes 1-10 to get to scene 11, if the little preview of scene 11 shows something, than that is what is going to happen when you watch the movie through.

What we are talking about here is somewhat of a paradox. It is in some way similar to this old time travel question:

If I were to build a time machine, and travel back to Mozart's time,
giving him the scores to all of his compositions, who wrote them in
the first place?

It's a paradox because it doesn't really have an answer that we as humans are able to figure out because the question transcends our existence in the 4th dimension. We are 4 dimensional beings, and thusly we have full dominion over the first 3 dimensions of length, width, and depth, and can understand and control every aspect of these dimensions. Our ability to think and exist in the 4th dimension, time, on the other hand is limited to a simple awareness that it exists. We notice it's passing, and we are aware that it passes, that is all. A 5 dimensional being, were one to exist, would be capable of answering such questions as the Mozart one and that of Anakin's dream.

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 30th, 2005 07:47 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Actually not a bad thought, but I think he was just forseeing his destiny.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 02:33 AM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I believe Palpatine either foresaw it was to happen or sensed it in Anakin.

Remember too, that in the first dream Padme says "Anakin, help me!" and in the second she is with Obi-Wan and we see it how it eventually plays out. Padme was always going to die in childbirth, but it wasn't until after the Opera scene (where Palpatine really begins his manipulation) that we see destiny change...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 02:40 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

i think this was implied, why else would palps tell the tragedy of darth plaguies?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 02:56 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Koroni
Grey Sith

And could Palpatine have been cursing Padme from afar? In the crappy, 'Noooo!' scene, he says that Padme was dead.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:37 AM
Click here to Send Darth Koroni a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Koroni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
I would say it's more likely that Palpatine knew about it because he also forsaw it and/or sensed it in Anakin. It is possible that Palpatine simply forsaw it/sensed it and used it his advantage, or he may have forsaw it and then planted the vision into his head.

I think either of those is more likely than his simply making it up to begin with because if you watch the vision in Anakin's dream, it is very accurate to the actual events. It is unlikely that Palpatine simply invented a vision and placed it into Anakin's mind only to have not only the general but also specific details of the event actually take place.

If I were to offer my opinion it would be that Palpatine sensed it in Anakin and possibly forsaw it himself. Remember that it is a vision of the future. It does not matter what events take place in between a vision and an event to arrive at that event; the vision transcends the details and skips right to the event. It is like looking at a DVD scene selection menu that shows short snippets of the scenes that are selectable. It doesn't matter what happens in scenes 1-10 to get to scene 11, if the little preview of scene 11 shows something, than that is what is going to happen when you watch the movie through.

What we are talking about here is somewhat of a paradox. It is in some way similar to this old time travel question:

If I were to build a time machine, and travel back to Mozart's time,
giving him the scores to all of his compositions, who wrote them in
the first place?

It's a paradox because it doesn't really have an answer that we as humans are able to figure out because the question transcends our existence in the 4th dimension. We are 4 dimensional beings, and thusly we have full dominion over the first 3 dimensions of length, width, and depth, and can understand and control every aspect of these dimensions. Our ability to think and exist in the 4th dimension, time, on the other hand is limited to a simple awareness that it exists. We notice it's passing, and we are aware that it passes, that is all. A 5 dimensional being, were one to exist, would be capable of answering such questions as the Mozart one and that of Anakin's dream.

(please log in to view the image)

WHOAH......thats really deep

Last edited by grey fox on Jun 18th, 2005 at 07:02 AM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 06:59 AM
Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

[DBL POST]

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 07:00 AM
Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote