KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » who has more raw power

who has more raw power
Started by: Decay

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Decay

who has more raw power

in terms of raw force power, who had more, anakin or luke? i know anakin in ep 3 could trash luke in a fight, but luke hadnt even seen a lightsaber until he was 17. and then he had a teacher that was killed shortly after he started training. assuming luke 1st saw obi wans ghost on hoth, luke had no further training until me met yoda, who he didnt have long with before he went to cloud city. when he fought vader there it was clear vader was alot stronger, but hed had his whole life to train. and even at the end when vader got serious luke was still able to get in a glancing blow to his shoulder. then in rotj luke decimated vader once vader threatened liea. i know it was a surprise attack, and had vader managed to reorient himself it wouldnt have been so quick, but id say luke would still have defeated him. my question is, if luke and anakin had been trained since birth with the same oppertunities who would have been stronger. vader is said to have 80% the power of anakin and luke proved himself to be too much for vader, so would the extra 20% compensate for an extra almost 2 decades of training for luke? also, does vader have 80% of anakins strength when he was cut up in episode 3, of 80% of his potential power? the emperor said that vader would become stronger than either himself or yoda, so is it 80% of that power, or 80% of his power while he was still young? i know there is some eu stuff that has to do with this like obi wan helping luke defeat vader before hoth, but im talking soley in terms of the movies, the 100% cannon. who was stronger?

Old Post May 31st, 2005 01:52 AM
Click here to Send Decay a Private Message Find more posts by Decay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

anakin is the only human to do podracing.....luke shoots wamp rats back homeno expression

Old Post May 31st, 2005 01:56 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Paragraphs are your friend stick out tongue

Before being deep fried Anakin had more power than anyone, but Luke does have an edge over mech Vader.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 02:03 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think they were even in terms of raw power.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 02:52 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by astrofan428
Paragraphs are your friend stick out tongue

Before being deep fried Anakin had more power than anyone, but Luke does have an edge over mech Vader.

At one time, I did believe Anakin to have the potential to do as he said he could-- rise up and destroy Palpatine. But then I gave it a thought (or two). I noticed that Palpatine caught even Yoda off gaurd shooting lightning at him. Now I'm not sure if Anakin had the ability to shoot lightning at the time he thought he could overthrow Palpatine-- but for the arguments sake, lets say he didn't know how. Palpatine would've easily dominated Anakin (Force power wise, not saber combat).

As for mechanical Vader-- One tiny little jolt of Force lightning from Palpatine and Vader would be toast... his parts would short circut and go hay wire.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 03:26 AM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I agree palpy. If Anakin where to immediatly(sp) challenge Palps he would be dominated. But the question was "raw" power, meaning power he could have but perhaps doesnt know it yet. IN terms of raw untapped power, Anakin is head and shoulders above anyone else. The midis will back me up on this. stick out tongue

Old Post May 31st, 2005 03:43 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

Well yeah..anyone could whoop Vader in the suit.

As for the part of Anakin not being able to take Sidious's lightning? Do we actually know that? Sure he got pwnd by Dooku..but even as a Jedi he doubled his power and then raised it to another level when he turned to the Dark Side..maybe he could deflect it just as Yoda could. The thing I'd like to know is..could Maul use lightning? He wasn't really the type of fighter who would use it..but I wonder if he could.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post May 31st, 2005 03:59 AM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

No suited Vader is the one who cant handle lightning.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 04:04 AM
palpy_666
SITH LORD

Originally posted by Delta 62
Well yeah..anyone could whoop Vader in the suit.

As for the part of Anakin not being able to take Sidious's lightning? Do we actually know that? Sure he got pwnd by Dooku..but even as a Jedi he doubled his power and then raised it to another level when he turned to the Dark Side..maybe he could deflect it just as Yoda could. The thing I'd like to know is..could Maul use lightning? He wasn't really the type of fighter who would use it..but I wonder if he could.

Most Sith Lord's can and most often do use Force Lightning. But for the sake of the films, I'm sure Vader could (but maybe he never did because it would've fried his suit?). Tyranus used Force lightning as did Sidious. It is logical to believe that Maul could use Force lightning because he was more Sithly than Dooku and had more Sith experience and training.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 04:05 AM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

You saying that brings to mind something else I was wondering about. Now it seems to me that Anakin shouldn't have died in the end..the only thing that happened to him was he got winded and his already mechanical hand cut off again. He got only a little surge of the lightning from Sidious..even with all his mechanics..doesn't seem enough to finish him off.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 04:08 AM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

Anakin in ROTS would decimate Luke in ROTJ, no question.
And I would suspect Ani lost more than 20% of his power......

Old Post May 31st, 2005 04:10 AM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

The hand was nothin major, but the lightning basically fried his life support systems. You could see what was left of his skeleton as he got zapped.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 04:10 AM
jabbar
Jedi Master Jabbar

vader can't do lightning because his arms are cut off. He can't generate teh lightning through his mechanical arms. This is the explanation given in the pictorial dictionary of ROTS.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 04:13 AM
Click here to Send jabbar a Private Message Find more posts by jabbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

Originally posted by palpy_666
Most Sith Lord's can and most often do use Force Lightning. But for the sake of the films, I'm sure Vader could (but maybe he never did because it would've fried his suit?). Tyranus used Force lightning as did Sidious. It is logical to believe that Maul could use Force lightning because he was more Sithly than Dooku and had more Sith experience and training.

Vader outside the suit could've used lightning, but not once he got fried. Force lightning requires organic limbs.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 04:15 AM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Palptine is the best.
Yoda is pretty close.
Anakin should have been the best ever,
but got hacked up by Obi before he became a ghost.
Mace was pretty good with a saber.
went to arrest palps, didnt count on Anakin becoming Lord vader.
Luke was alright for being trained so young from an old guy.
it still baffles me why yoda and Ben sent him to face palps,
when they knew he would prolly die.

..........yea im bored...

stick out tongue

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Last edited by ((The_Anomaly)) on May 31st, 2005 at 06:54 AM

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:51 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

Anakin before he became a cyborg had the most raw power of any of them IMO.

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 03:18 PM
Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Palptine is the best.
Yoda is pretty close.
Anakin should have been the best ever,
but got hacked up by Obi before he became a ghost.
Mace was pretty good with a saber.
went to arrest palps, didnt count on Anakin becoming Lord vader.
Luke was alright for being trained so young from an old guy.
it still baffles me why yoda and Ben sent him to face palps,
when they knew he would prolly die.

..........yea im bored...

stick out tongue

I agree. Palpatine was the best, but Anakin's potential never fully blossomed into what it could've been. If Anakin didn't get fried, he would've destroyed Sidious and ruled the galaxy as THE most powerful Force user (light and dark) in all galactic history.

Anakin's midichlorian count backs this up fully.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 05:13 PM
Blu93GT

in rure raw power, yes, it's Ani...

what happens in a fight depends partly on random chance & circumstance. toward the end of Yoda v. Palps, Yoda appeared to have taken the worst that Palps could dish out, and threw it right back in Palps ugly face, with interest. Palps was knocked back, and he definately had an "oh $hit, i'm in over my head" look on his face. it looked like Yoda was going to beat him, but then they both fell. by luck, Palps landed in the saucer, but Yoda went over the edge, couldn't hold on, and fell. (i guess he was too tired to "force throw" himself back up, or maybe that only works if you can pull yourself up to get it started).

Anyway, after Yoda fell such a long way, he was too beat up to win - but if he hadn't fallen, then he probably would've won, IMO.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 06:03 PM
Click here to Send Blu93GT a Private Message Find more posts by Blu93GT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShotgunWes
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ani had more power in RotS, Vader had more power in RotJ. Anakin/Vader could have been the strongest ever, but even after he got burned he was still stronger than Luke. Vader never used his full power on Luke in both ESB and RotJ he was trying to turn Luke over to the darkside. He couldn't turn Luke tot he darkside if he killed him. Vader could have force choked Luke or worse, who knows what all Vader could do when he was suited up, but in ESB he blocked a blaster with his hand. So I think he had some tricks that he didn't want to pull out of the bag. Maybe we'll see what else Vader can do in the TV Show...

If you don't like me... **** You

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 06:16 PM
Click here to Send ShotgunWes a Private Message Find more posts by ShotgunWes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote