KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Palpatine's control of Vader

Palpatine's control of Vader
Started by: Ast Rofan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Palpatine's control of Vader

ONe thing I was hoping to see in the movie was the reasoning behind why Vader is so loyal to the Emperor.

The only real theory is that Vader fears the lightning. But Vader could pull a Sid and kill him in his sleep.(though is noises would make it hard to sneak) stick out tongue

So I was wondering what some of the more brain using people on this board toughts are on the subject.

And no need to bash the thread or all that other bullshit, if you dont like it just let it fade into black hole that is the second page.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 06:54 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Maybe he felt there was something still to learn from the old bastard. LOL! laughing Sidious did save his life. Obi-Wan did not.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 06:57 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Save his life, what was left to live for? stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 06:58 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

Palpatine is all Vader has left. He's the only friend that he hasn't alienated or killed. His mother died. His wife died. He thinks his children died with her. He tried to kill his best friend. All he has left is his mentor, Palpatine. And as far as Vader knows, Palpatine has done nothing but try to help him ever since he came to Coruscant. Serving the Emperor is the only thing that gives his life meaning and purpose... until he discovers Luke.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 06:58 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

True Krem, but doesnt it seem like, in the OT, that Vader is doing it against his will? Or am I stretching?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 07:01 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

hmm...

Vader (Episode VI): "You don't know the power of the Dark Side. I must obey my master."

Perhaps Vader still believes he has more to learn of the Dark Side? That Palpatine still has greater power?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 07:02 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Yeah, that is what I was talking about.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 07:03 AM
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
hmm...

Vader (Episode VI): "You don't know the power of the Dark Side. I must obey my master."

Perhaps Vader still believes he has more to learn of the Dark Side? That Palpatine still has greater power?

Maybe Vader is telling Luke... hey... you don't know anything about the Dark Side so why should I go with you? My master does... I'll stick with him. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 07:04 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

heh... It still seems like Palpatine has Vader wrapped around his wrinkled little finger... Palpatine is still manipulating him...

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 07:06 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

I just think that Vader is miserable from the moment he yells "Noooooooooo!" to the moment he throws Palpatine down the reactor shaft. That's why he is the way he is. But committing suicide wouldn't make for a fitting saga ending, so he just went on and on, doing Palpatine's bidding. Initially, i'm sure he stuck with him for reasons I mentioned previously. As time went on, i'm sure he just felt more miserable, but there was still nothing left for him out there. Plus, the dark side's lust for power was also in him. We all know that, if there would've been a perfect moment to do so, Vader would've offed Palpatine and taken his place. But Palpatine was always stronger, and Vader knew this. So he needed Luke to do that, so he tried to get him to join him in ESB. So, by the time Luke came around, i'm sure he wasn't as "loyal" to Palpatine as he was biding his time & waiting for an opportunity to overthrow him. Staying close to him was the easiest way.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 07:11 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Maybe, and this is stretching.

Palpatine wasnt lying to Anakin about keeping people from dying. And that is how Anakin lives, and also why he dies after killing the Emperor.

laughing

Ofcourse that cancels out my other theory that Anakin survives his injuries because he is unable to die until fulfilling his destiny.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 07:15 AM
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Remember the whole more machine than man aspect also. In Episode 3 Anakin basically loses his soul. It ends with him becoming more machine than man. He has lost everything. He is now the Emperor's slave and basically just does whatever he is told. I think he kind of surrenders to this fact until the ESB and his knowledge of Luke. The Emperor senses this and wants to replace him before the "Chosen One" returns to the light.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 07:20 AM
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

What Palpatine wants is the powerful force user that he should've had with Anakin. That's why he wants Luke. Palpatine doesn't think that Anakin will turn from the dark side. Everyone but Luke thinks it's impossible to turn back to the light... until Anakin returns.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 07:51 AM
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

I think the emperor was definitely overconfident, but he was also paranoid. I don't know. There's a lot of stuff we just don't know. Like did Sidious know how things would end up with Anakin? Did he send the separatist to Mustafar on purpose so that later Obi-Wan and Anakin could duel to the death? Did he know Obi-Wan would best him and drive him further to the darkside? He sure was prepared with a finely crafted suit and breathing apparatus at the ready as soon as Anakin was injured. wink

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 07:57 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

You think that suit was finely crafted? What is with all the black? Black is so 1977. Vader's armor should be maroon, and his mask should blow bubble when he speaks. bunny

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 07:59 AM
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

A sith lord must wear black. I think it's a rule. LOL

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 08:06 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkYoda
A sith lord must wear black. I think it's a rule. LOL

lol Imagine if it really is a rule-

Dark Lord of the Sith Rule Book

rule 1- Must be named Darth
rule 2- Must wear a finely crafted/made/wooven anything black. big grin

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 04:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Texansfan05
Jedi Knight

I like the theory that Palpatine was all Anakin had left. In my eyes though Anakin should have killed Palpatine and Ruled the Galaxy like he mentioned to Padme and Luke!

sig by Ast

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:31 PM
Click here to Send Texansfan05 a Private Message Find more posts by Texansfan05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

i think it was because he thought taht palpatine could teach him stuff still. nething he wanted, he prolly thought he could acquire through the dark side, but he'd have to learn it from palpatine. and seriously, he has no motive to kill him! he doesnt mistreat him or nething, he's an awesome master. why would you want to kill him

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:33 PM
Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Styles

Kremzike is right... I have to agree with that... Wouldn't you also stay loyal to a guy who basically saves your life also? He's in debted to the Emperor... Besides that Anakin was too weak, he folded to the darkside all too easily...

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:39 PM
Click here to Send Jedi Styles a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Styles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote