KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » What was so bad about Anikans march into the temple

What was so bad about Anikans march into the temple
Started by: kalsemo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kalsemo

What was so bad about Anikans march into the temple

I've read around that many have thought that Anikan's march into the temple with the clones was lame.... I'm not sure why. Can anyone tell me what the deal is with that... it was a cool scene.... other things, (like the dialog or wooden acting in certain parts) I can understand that people would be saying lame things about.... but why specifically rag about this scene?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 11:16 AM
Click here to Send kalsemo a Private Message Find more posts by kalsemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

It had shitty music.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 11:24 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sasa

I think the music is fine though..not great..they should compose a new music for that particular scene. But it didn't ruin the movie though..still freakin cool smile

Revenge Is Sweet...

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 11:29 AM
Click here to Send sasa a Private Message Find more posts by sasa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

It almost ruined the scene though. It's the exact same piece of music that plays on Kashyyyk... and even worse, it's a tracked piece from Episode II!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 11:31 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

I thought that scene was good, with the overhead shot and the flowing robes...

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 11:59 AM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think the lack of action was what disappointed everyone. when we all saw it in the trailer we were like "that is the intro to one of the coolest scenes in star wars!!!!" but in the end it turned out that WAS the scene.
then cut to anakin preparing to slaughter toddlers. who the f*** was anticipating that? we all knew that scene was going to happen....but thats it. "darth vader helped the empire hunt down and destroy the jedi" oh those lines had me soooooooooo excited for so long since i first heard that GL would do the PT....and in the end, it was a marching scene and anakin igniting his lightsaber before scared babies. could it have been any more anticlimactic?

i think that is the reason for dissapointment. the march scene was fine, the lack of anything else kinda sucked.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 12:07 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

wait wait...you forgot the hologram bit of anakin killing like....two jedi......no expression......that was lame.......it was over in like 3.342865 secs......couldnt even see what the hell happened......

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 12:13 PM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

I agree with you on that one. And they didn't look like younglings either, from the little bit I could see.

I also think Lucas was scared to cross into basically killing babies on screen. He is probably still hoping for a young audience. I agree there should have been more to it than that, but I'm not sure what..

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 12:34 PM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

the point is that anakin was supposed to slaughter far more than younglings.
the disappointment is not in the lack of slaughtered children (what kind of sicko would want that?) but rather the complete lack of anakin slaughtering jedi knights. thats what i wanted to see, i think thats what everyone wanted to see....and we didnt see it.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 12:46 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

They should of puttin the music they played in the trailer it would of been more cooler.

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 12:47 PM
Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

shouldve had younglings on the hologram, and normal knights getting sliced in normal mode thingy......but....we can only have a biatch about it....

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 12:47 PM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

cant agree with you more, i watched and loved that Teaser trailer when Obiwan said those lines then it showed Anakin Marching, it felt so exciting waiting for the Movie to come out and waiting for the Scenes of Anakin in the Temple killing the JEdi.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 12:49 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

OK, I understand now. I have only ever seen the movies (and have not seen the Trilogy in a while), so I am not as familiar with the storyline as many others here.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 12:49 PM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ani's Girl
I agree with you on that one. And they didn't look like younglings either, from the little bit I could see.

that's because they weren't younglings. They were Cin drallig and his paddawan.

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 01:04 PM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david flood

the music was cool

many thanks to ast for the cool sig

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 02:18 PM
Click here to Send david flood a Private Message Find more posts by david flood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aj_vader

the music sucked! it was the arena march from attack of the clones, and dont get me wrong, i absalootley love the music, its where it is placed that bothers me, williams should have put a frightening representation of the imperial march with a unhappy version of the force theme, the imperial march is building up and the strings play the force theme, and as that happens the imperial march should just go louder! and LOUDER! as anakin gets closer to the doors of the temple with the troops.... i swear i wish i could be music editor on star wars lol

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 02:36 PM
Click here to Send aj_vader a Private Message Find more posts by aj_vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i agree, the music felt too generic. this was the beginning of the pivotal point of the entire saga. it demanded more powerful music

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 02:41 PM
EHmasterJedi
Jedi Master

The imperial march theme was a given for some reason they didnt put it in, WIERD the music that was there isnt bad, but for the first act of Darth Vader the march theme is a no brainer

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 02:43 PM
Click here to Send EHmasterJedi a Private Message Find more posts by EHmasterJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aj_vader

THANKYOU! I BOW TO YOU EHMASTERJEDI!

someone who agrees! it is the first act of vader! i mean come on, darth vader with stormtroopers! Imperial stormtroopers!, and they play the theme which i assosiate with the seperatists! duh! lol

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 02:45 PM
Click here to Send aj_vader a Private Message Find more posts by aj_vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

Imperial March in that scene totally makes sense.... especially after you hear a glimpse of it when Anakin confesses what he did to the sand people to Padme.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 02:47 PM