KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » So now you've seen Episode III are you happy with Anakins spirit in ROTJ?

So now you've seen Episode III are you happy with Anakins spirit in ROTJ?
Started by: amity75

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
amity75

So now you've seen Episode III are you happy with Anakins spirit in ROTJ?

I'm more satisfied now but it would have been better if he'd been wearing his "darker" jedi robes.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Last edited by amity75 on Jun 23rd, 2005 at 10:11 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 10:08 PM
Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Yeah, I alway liked the change. But I think the robes didnt change because they simply pasted Hayden's head only.

Hayden is who we identify as the Anakin character.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 10:11 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I'm not. I still don't undertand why lucas changed it

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 10:12 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jerlark386
Restricted

Account Restricted

No Im not either, I think Anakin should burn in hell and the footage should be of him in flames.

Thats when he can say "Noooooooooooooooooo!"

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 10:56 PM
Click here to Send jerlark386 a Private Message Find more posts by jerlark386 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I still don't like it.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 11:32 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

anakin looks..........stoned in that scene erm

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 11:36 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I mostly hate it because Hayden's a frickin moron and has no right to be in the movie...

But also, because it makes no sense. Anakin died as a Jedi in Return of the Jedi not Revenge of the Sith.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 11:53 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

I still don't understand why he doesn't look his age at death, like Obi and Yoda do......

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 11:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

As Lucas said, he came back as his true self, before he turned to the darkside, and yeah I think the change is fine.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 11:57 PM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

I always liked the change and am continually bewildered by those who don't understand it. It's ok not to like it, but how can you not get the concept?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 12:32 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Anakin died as a Jedi in Return of the Jedi not Revenge of the Sith.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 12:33 AM
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kremzike
I always liked the change and am continually bewildered by those who don't understand it. It's ok not to like it, but how can you not get the concept?
What DD says above, and also because I don't buy that Anakin was EVER at peace with the force until his redemption in ROTJ.
Is hiding in a swamp for 2 decades a reflection of Yodas true self?
I don't think so.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 12:42 AM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

As far as we knew in 1983, Anakin Skywalker looked like Sebastian Shaw before he went into the suit. So it is believeanle that his spirit looks that way. You can't have a spirit with severed limbs & hope to have a happy ending. Now, Yoda & Obi-Wan faded away when they joined the force, then reappeared the same way. The physical remains of the redeemed Anakin Skywalker did not disappear. What appeared to Luke on Endor was the spirit trapped within him from before he turned to the dark side. Is a spirit expected to age?

If Lucas didn't change it, I wouldn't have asked him to. But once he did, I instantly got his concept. And that's what is shown in the movies. What he shows us is the story (please save your revisionist "well, that's what he says in this release" jokes for... never). The bottom line is that Star Wars is, essentially, a fairy tale. We've got no connection to a Shaw-looking Anakin. We know Hayden's Anakin. That's the fairy tale ending, seeing the person we knew redeemed. If you're saying Anakin should look like Sebastian Shaw when he's a spirit, then he should've looked like Sebastian Shaw when he fell to the dark side, or the spirit should've been a floating, scarred torso. Like I said, you don't have to like it, but how can you not understand what Lucas was going for when he put Hayden's head in there?

And wtf does that staetment about Yoda in the swamp mean really? You mean "a reflection of what he likes to do, in his spare time if he had the choice"? That doesn't have anything to do with what we're talking about.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 01:00 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Yes, and when he is a spirit he gets to be young. Obi-wan and Yoda must be kicking themselves.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 01:01 AM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

kremzike, I understand Lucas's reasons for putting Hayden in their and it does make sense in a way... But I'd still prefer to see Shaw there. It just makes more sense to me... meh, it's not something I'm gonna lose sleep over.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 01:05 AM
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

See, and that's cool. I'm totally cool with people who don't like it. I just have a problem with the people that don't understand it. And, as we know, they are out there. But yeah. Right on.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 01:08 AM
Darth Travizzle
Step Off

I don't care what you guys say, I like it. And when I was around 5 or 6, I thought that the spirit next to Yoda and Obi-Wan was like Luke's uncle. So that was confusing. But hey, I was only 5!

Every feel like being evil?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 01:16 AM
Click here to Send Darth Travizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Travizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

I'm glad they changed it, but I agree that it should have been in his III robes.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 01:52 AM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

First of all, I NEVER said I didn't like it (it always amazes me when people start bashing without thougourly reading a post (krem)), but the age thing I question.
In response to the WTF about mentioning Yoda in the swamp, this was a response to an earlier explanation that the age thing was relative to a Jedi's "true self", which I think Yoda was past at this point, having been beaten, forced into exile and living a life of regret with only a glimmer of possible redemption. VERY much a reflection of "what were talking about".
And YES, of course, a spirit should be expected to age, if it is a reflection of a (once) living being.

Reading is fundamental.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 01:52 AM
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

I said, "It's ok if people dont like it." That is a general statement. Not one directed at you or anyone else in particular. I never said, "I don't get why you don't like it." Maybe you're just hoping for someone to start a fight with you, but that ain't me.

How would a dormant spirit age? It's essentially a ghost itself, trapped. Dead.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 01:57 AM