KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » A mess up in the continuity of Star Wars

A mess up in the continuity of Star Wars
Started by: Darthburgerking

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darthburgerking
That guy you don't know

A mess up in the continuity of Star Wars

Not sure if anyone here noticed it but I'd like to point out a change that Lucas made that breaks the continuity of the old films.
In episode 6 Luke asks Leia about her mom she said she died when I was very young and described her, in ROTS Padme dies giving birth making that scene make no sense, also in episode 4 Obi Wan says your mother seperated you but in ROTS she doesn't so that scene now doesn't make sense, did anyone else notice this or anyother continuity problems.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Darthburgerking a Private Message Find more posts by Darthburgerking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

laughing out loud

Yes, everyone noticed, and overreacted.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 09:03 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

You and the other 9938362 other threads that have pointed this out.

Our only hope is that Georgey boy will explain himself in an interview or fix it during the upcoming TV series, but nonetheless he screwed up.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 09:04 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthburgerking
That guy you don't know

over reacted what do you mean by that he should be able to keep his own story consistent

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Darthburgerking a Private Message Find more posts by Darthburgerking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

Like ken said, this was already discussed like 3514646516846654361268468715654 times. Search. The thread is out there hehehehehe

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darthburgerking
over reacted what do you mean by that he should be able to keep his own story consistent

Yes he should have, but I am not going to let that get to me, or let it effect the way I enjoyed the movie. Some people acted as though it was the end of the world.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 09:14 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Yeah, he should have, there're a lot of plot holes. But Lucas didn't, it's been discussed, and there are several hundred threads on this already.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

Originally posted by Ast Rofan
Yes he should have, but I am not going to let that get to me, or let it effect the way I enjoyed the movie. Some people acted as though it was the end of the world.

agreed

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

Re: A mess up in the continuity of Star Wars

also in episode 4 Obi Wan says your mother seperated you

When in Episode IV did Obi-Wan say this?

And if you go back & read some of those threads, you'll find possible/probable explanations that don't really make it seem so bad after all. I don't think GL needs to expand on it any further anywhere.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 09:28 PM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david flood

ok maybe leais step mam died when she was young{the one bail organa took her to )

ob1 lied . he lied about a lot of things to luke ,. he was hardly going to say ''oh i brought you here [tataoine] to protect you from your da , oh by the way darth vader is your da '' #

done and done , . now i dont see any inconsistensies there

many thanks to ast for the cool sig

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 09:28 PM
Click here to Send david flood a Private Message Find more posts by david flood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

Originally posted by Lana
Yeah, he should have, there're a lot of plot holes. But Lucas didn't, it's been discussed, and there are several hundred threads on this already.

yup that pretty much sums it up

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 09:29 PM
Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Originally posted by kremzike
When in Episode IV did Obi-Wan say this?

And if you go back & read some of those threads, you'll find possible/probable explanations that don't really make it seem so bad after all. I don't think GL needs to expand on it any further anywhere.

He meant RotJ when referencing Obi-Wan....

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 09:30 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david flood

Originally posted by dflood
ok maybe leais step mam died when she was young{the one bail organa took her to )

ob1 lied . he lied about a lot of things to luke ,. he was hardly going to say ''oh i brought you here [tataoine] to protect you from your da , oh by the way darth vader is your da '' #

done and done , . now i dont see any inconsistensies there

what i said explains the 2 questions smile

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 10:03 PM
Click here to Send david flood a Private Message Find more posts by david flood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

Originally posted by ZoSo
He meant RotJ when referencing Obi-Wan....

Then he screwed up even more than I thought in his post. Obi-Wan never said "mother" ever. Wrong episode and a misquote. It's bad enough this thread got started in the first place. At least put your thoughts together correctly before you post.

And, please, something also mentioned in the many other threads about this is that Luke specified "your real mother" so that Leia would know he wasn't asking about her adoptive mother.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 02:24 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BAILY

Re: A mess up in the continuity of Star Wars

Not sure if anyone here noticed it but I'd like to point out a change that Lucas made that breaks the continuity of the old films.
In episode 6 Luke asks Leia about her mom she said she died when I was very young and described her, in ROTS Padme dies giving birth making that scene make no sense, also in episode 4 Obi Wan says your mother seperated you but in ROTS she doesn't so that scene now doesn't make sense, did anyone else notice this or anyother continuity problems.

You guys b!tch about stupid things like that... how about this continuity!!

(please log in to view the image)

Did someone at ILM forget to digitally-impose Ian McDiarmid's face on his Stunt DOUBLE!!?!?!?! I ****ing think so!!

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 02:31 AM
Click here to Send BAILY a Private Message Find more posts by BAILY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

Whoa.. that's bad... and he is holding a different lightsaber too...

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 02:54 AM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BAILY

This one is worse!!!

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 02:58 AM
Click here to Send BAILY a Private Message Find more posts by BAILY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

So fake.. lol, but your not watching it frame by frame, I never noticed those before..

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:11 AM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by BAILY
This one is worse!!!

That is ****ing scary... eek!

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:20 AM
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

Originally posted by Boris
Whoa.. that's bad... and he is holding a different lightsaber too...

He's holding Anakin's saber in virtually the entire fight. The scene originally had him force grab Anakin's saber & use it to fight the masters while Anakin looked on. GL changed things & the reshoots found them changing things to how they ended up. REad the Making Of book, the latest Homing Beacon email and watch the last Webdoc for more on this if you're interested.

Those still frames do look bad, but they did change them. Ian's stunt double looks even less like that than Ian himself. I'm sure they didn't put a ton of effort into frames that would move way too quick for anyone to see this strange face replacement.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:39 AM