KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakin Didn't destroy the Jedi's at all, the clones did [Merged]

Anakin Didn't destroy the Jedi's at all, the clones did [Merged]
Started by: Vanquish

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vanquish

Anakin Didn't destroy the Jedi's at all, the clones did

I keep reading peoples comments about how Anakin turning to the dark side was the destruction of the Jedi's. That isn't true at all. Anakin had very little to do with it. Anakin didn't wipe out the jedi's, the clone troopers did. All Anakin did was kill a few younglings, and the vice roy in a sealed room. Big deal man. Even a weak ass sith like Darth maul could have done that.

Look, in Anakins very first one on one fight vs another Jedi, he loses his legs, and the ability to breath. Wow, good work Vader.

No, anakin didn't destroy the jedi's, order 66 and the clone troopers did. In fact, Anakin turning to the darkside didn't really do anything at all for the plot of the movie. Palps and his clones did everything on their own. Palps could easily have acomplished his goal with Dooku, or even Maul at his side.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:07 AM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Oh, Anakin was the destruction of the Jedi, trust me. He hunts down the survivors later on, as well. The clone troopers were his army, though.

And done it with Dooku or Maul? Heh! Dooku lost to Anakin, and Maul to Obi-Wan; I think he'd want one of the two killers of his apprentices at his side, and which one is more emotionally unstable?

And Anakin's fight with Obi-Wan was not his first fight with a Jedi; he also fought Cin Drallig in the holograms of the Temple fight.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:12 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

I don't follow EU, IT AIN'T STAR WARS smile

And even if Anakin hunts down the Jedi's later on, I'm pretty sure it's the clones who do most of the killing. Also, who cares if Anakin is stronger then Dooku and Maul. Lets say Dooku is the one with Palps still. All he has to do is fight Anakin with the clones at his side. Easy. Chosen one or not, high med' count or not, he still can't beat an army of clones.

The point is, Palps and the Clones did everything on their own. Anakin or Vader isn't needed for any of it.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:20 AM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

If you read the book, he also kills shaak ti. He defeats alot of jedi. Don't say Anakin didn't do anything, when the whole backstory of Darth Vader is he helped kill all the jedi.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Anakin Didn't destroy the Jedi's at all, the clones did

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vanquish
I keep reading peoples comments about how Anakin turning to the dark side was the destruction of the Jedi's. That isn't true at all. Anakin had very little to do with it. Anakin didn't wipe out the jedi's, the clone troopers did. All Anakin did was kill a few younglings, and the vice roy in a sealed room. Big deal man. Even a weak ass sith like Darth maul could have done that.

Look, in Anakins very first one on one fight vs another Jedi, he loses his legs, and the ability to breath. Wow, good work Vader.

No, anakin didn't destroy the jedi's, order 66 and the clone troopers did. In fact, Anakin turning to the darkside didn't really do anything at all for the plot of the movie. Palps and his clones did everything on their own. Palps could easily have acomplished his goal with Dooku, or even Maul at his side.

man, you are so way off. try watching the movies again

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:22 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Oh, it's Star Wars, just not George's Star Wars... wink

After Episode III, Vader does most of the killing, not the clones. The clones become Stormtroopers, which then have to fight the war against the Rebellion.

And Palpatine needed Anakin to make his plans work. Anakin, after all, did drop the line to Mace and the Jedi he took with him, which led them to their doom. Plus, Anakin would continue Palpatine's legacy, which was more or less Palpatine's intention.

PALPATINE: Lord Vader shall become more powerful than both of us, Yoda...

(or something like that...)

Palpatine didn't want Dooku or Maul after he found Anakin.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:23 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Palps could EASILY have carried out his plans with just the Clones. Anakin doesn't do shit, except kill him in the end. I bet if Palps could turn back time, he would have just stuck with Dooku, and had the clones kill all the jedi's themselves.

All palps needed really was any old Sith apprentice. Basically to use as a pawn, because he didn't want to reveal himself to the rest of the allies.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:25 AM
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

well, in regards to all things canon, you have a point. palpy could have just sent the clones to the temple. and the outcome would have been the same. but i think the real hunting down of the remaining jedi happens in the years we don't see. come on, you can't picture vader finding some remaining jedi in hiding and ****ing them up?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:27 AM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You're missing the point of Palpatine's recruitment of Anakin.

Anakin was going to be a VERY powerful Jedi, and Palpatine wanted to make use of that. Why train a weak apprentice when you can train one that will continue your legacy for a good many decades? Though, it does all blow up in Palpatine's face, but that wasn't part of his plan. His plan was for Lord Vader to be the one to continue the Sith legacy as ruler of the Universe.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:28 AM
Vanquish

Of course I can see it happening. In fact, I accept that it IS what happened. My whole point is that it isn't needed at all. Any half ass sith lord could do that with the help of the clones (who are the true Jedi killers)

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:30 AM
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

wtf, why dont people have a subjective view of Star Wars, its the subjectuve stuff that make me love it. why the f*ck does everyone have to be so skeptical on the objective point of view of star wars

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:31 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

And Rex, sorry to say, but I think you forgot who the Sith are. Ultra competitive, to the point of killing eachother. Don't forget the reason they initiated the rule of two in the first place. I seriously doubt palps cares about Anakin's future. From palps perspective, he feels that he will be the one through the ages that carries on the sith ways. Who the hell knows how old he is, but i'm sure he feels he will be around for a long time.

But you don't really believe that he recruited Anakin because he is thinking of his legacy so to speak do you?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:33 AM
Hazardous

Re: Anakin Didn't destroy the Jedi's at all, the clones did

you didnt happen to catch the action of the jedi temple slaughter on the hologram? took out a few jedi there...

but i just saw rex point that out stick out tongue

plus that was like one vs two or three jedi....

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:35 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

And Rex, sorry to say, but I think you forgot who the Sith are.

check rex's join date.

now check yours.

now check rex's post count.

now check yours.

see the pattern? i would think rex knows what he's talking about...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:37 AM
Gunship Pilot
lured to the darkside

Anakin was identified since Palpatine saw him, when he was 9 years old...he always knew of his existance, when he was Plagueis`s apprentice, Anakin was created as the ultimate weapon to achieve their goal: control of the entire galaxy...so the only thing palpatine has been doing is just use people as instruments to bring the full erradication of the jedi.

Ok guys...we have no ship...damn

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:38 AM
Click here to Send Gunship Pilot a Private Message Find more posts by Gunship Pilot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Mist, what does post count have anything to do with anything? Rex has an opinion that Palps in some way cares about Anakins best interest and his future. I simply disagree. Siths don't care about eachother at all. That has been proved time and time again. They back stab eachother constantly. Look in JUST the movie times. What, less then 50 years? Palps says he killed his master. Palps turns on Dooku and has Anakin kill him. Anakin turns on Palps and kills him.

3 dead siths in 50 years, all killed by other siths. Do you really think they give a shit about eachother? Post count or no post count, the Siths care only of themselves.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:41 AM
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

man, the f8cken Jedi were not perfect, and the sith came to be because the Jedi could not see it.

Man, BAN ME TOO, DISCUSSIONS SUCK.

BAN ME SO I WONT COME BACK

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:42 AM
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

IM JUST TIRED I THINK

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:43 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

BEN KENOBI: "A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights..."

nuff said.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:46 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Mist, what does post count have anything to do with anything? Rex has an opinion that Palps in some way cares about Anakins best interest and his future. I simply disagree. Siths don't care about eachother at all. That has been proved time and time again. They back stab eachother constantly. Look in JUST the movie times. What, less then 50 years? Palps says he killed his master. Palps turns on Dooku and has Anakin kill him. Anakin turns on Palps and kills him.

3 dead siths in 50 years, all killed by other siths. Do you really think they give a shit about eachother? Post count or no post count, the Siths care only of themselves.

post count = rex posts....a lot....in the star wars forums....i would think he knows a thing or two...

palps and anakin are friends. dooku is a tool of war. maul....who knows what the feck maul did apart from feck up Black Sun for palps...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:46 AM