KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Will of the Force

Will of the Force
Started by: king_arthur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
king_arthur

Will of the Force

In Episode I, if it is the will of the force for Qui Gon to meet Anakin, then it stands to reason that the will for the force was for Anakin to be trained as a jedi, then does it also stand to reason that the will of the force was for Anakin to fall to the Dark Side and destroy the Jedi Order?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 08:26 AM
Click here to Send king_arthur a Private Message Find more posts by king_arthur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Possibly. But then it would also have been the will of the Force for him to return to the light and restore balance to the Force thus making the prophecy true.

In the Episode III novel it speaks of Obi-Wan leaving Anakin limb-less and burning on Mustafar so that the 'will of the Force' would decide his fate.

I think the Force had an idea of what was to happen with Anakin but when Palpatine came along he screwed everything up for the poor old Force and it had to rethink its strategies... But in the end it came through...

Good ol' Force huh?

But perhaps it was all in 'the Force's plan for Palpatine to turn Anakin to the Darkside in which he would then have the power and position to destroy the Sith... or maybe not.

confused

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 08:55 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

To be able to kill ur enemy u have to understand him

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 09:27 AM
Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jango fat

In this case I tend to agree with you... but not in all cases...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 09:30 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

yeah, that's right too

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 09:32 AM
Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Good point, but I find it hard to imagine that it was 'the will of the Force' for thousands of Jedi to die.

Yes, I know about 'the greater good' and so on, but still.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 09:41 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

Tru dat. "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer." -Sun Tzu

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 01:10 PM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

The Will of the Force is hard to understand. It guides you but you also control it.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 01:57 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Will of the Force - to destroy both The Old Jedi and The Sith because they both f*cked up. Luke brings in the new Jedi which have the right idea.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 04:25 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

YEAH, i like that

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 04:28 PM
Vanquish

Ya but the will of the force has nothing to do with the clones, which were responsible for the destruction of the Jedi's (except for a few that either vader or palps killed) So the will of the force and the chosen one prophecy has nothing to do with the destruction of the Jedi's.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 05:14 PM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Originally posted by Vanquish
Ya but the will of the force has nothing to do with the clones, which were responsible for the destruction of the Jedi's (except for a few that either vader or palps killed) So the will of the force and the chosen one prophecy has nothing to do with the destruction of the Jedi's.

Yes it does. Chosen One saved Palpatines life, Palpatine executes Order 66.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 05:37 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

yes yes yes yes

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 05:47 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Ya, I guess if you actually believe that the chosen one saved palps life LOL.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 05:52 PM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Tru dat. "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer." -Sun Tzu

I thought that was Don Corleone confused

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 06:18 PM
Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eleonora

Re: Will of the Force

Originally posted by king_arthur
In Episode I, if it is the will of the force for Qui Gon to meet Anakin, then it stands to reason that the will for the force was for Anakin to be trained as a jedi, then does it also stand to reason that the will of the force was for Anakin to fall to the Dark Side and destroy the Jedi Order?

That's an interesting question and if you want my opinion I think it was all meant to be, so that Luke could get rid of the Sith completely, which is something that probably couldn't have happened without Anakin's fall.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 06:30 PM
Click here to Send Eleonora a Private Message Find more posts by Eleonora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Originally posted by Vanquish
Ya, I guess if you actually believe that the chosen one saved palps life LOL.

Erm.....what does that sentence mean?

The Chosen One did save Palpatines life. Then he killed him some 20 years later.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 07:05 PM
REXXXX
Networking

PALPATINE: I owe you my life!
ANAKIN: Aw, shucks, it was nothing...shit, I just wiped out Master Windu...****! My wife's dead! Dammit! My son just cut off my arm!
PALPATINE: Gee...that sucks...
ANAKIN: Well, you SAID you owed me your life...
PALPATINE: Wait...what are you doing?! Ahhh!
*ANAKIN tosses PALPS into the shaft*

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 07:24 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Originally posted by Red Superfly
Erm.....what does that sentence mean?

The Chosen One did save Palpatines life. Then he killed him some 20 years later.

what he means is, did anakin actually save palpatine? because like myself, he prolly believes palps could have killed windu had he wanted too.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 08:29 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Ya, that's what it meant. Just the old debate of whether palps actually did toy with Windu or not ya know. The jury is still out on that one...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 08:34 PM